Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Everton (a)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez 7.5 - a really good save at a crucial time , claimed the ball well when needed against a team that likes to play high balls
Veltman 7 - would have kept him on and played lamptey up front
Cucurella - 7.5 not as good coming forward this came but a decent defender
Burn - 9 massive game for the big lad. Took his chance well but key was his defending. He was our best defender looking very assured
Bissouma - 7.5 great effort but could see he was tiring
Webster - 7.5 restrained - maybe still carrying a knock but good performance but no surging runs
Lallana - 7 Not his best game and a weak prod at the ball to give away the OG which keeper had covered. I think our form this season owes a lot to his presence though.
Mwepu - 6 .5 - some great work followed by some poor stuff needs to be more streetwise in defence
Trossard - 6.5 quieter game
MacAllister - 9 MOTM because of the goals and overall contribution - needed to do better for the first goal
Maupay - 7.5 a handful as always and unlucky with his shot. Great awareness for the first goal.

Duffy 7 -did well on coming on
Lamptey 6.5 - did not get into his running game and caught out a bit when defending

That is mighty tough on Lalana blaming him for the touch he got on Everton first goal

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
In agreement with most but are we so used to that reliability that Veltman maybe gets 7s for performances that others would get 8s for?.. (& 8s for 9s etc...)

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Sanchez 7
Veltman 7
Webster 7
Burn 9
Cucurella 7
Mwepu 7 (would be higher but for that stupid shove)
Lallana 7
Bissouma 8
Ali Mac 9
Trossard 7
Maupay 8

Lamptey 7
Duffy 7

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Superb team performance, esp first half. Scores above reflect roughly how I felt about the game.

Whole lot, understandbly, faded towards the end but held on with real determination.

Not his flashiest game, but my goodness, what a superb buy Cucurella has been. And what a bloody engine.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Those marking down Mwepu for giving away the pen should also mark down Biss for the second Everton goal.

Watched Gordon drift away and realised too late what was happening.

Both 7’s for me … decent performances both but with some mistakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here