bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Mac Allister
White
Dunk
Veltman
Webster

Stood out for me.

Potter got it right, but definitely don't like trying to hold onto a 1:0 lead. So scary given our track record...

Looked extremely comfortable defending the 1-0 today. Thought Leeds were piss poor offensively. Happy days!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sanchez 8 -- Wasn't sure bringing him in was a good idea. I was wrong, been great and is growing game by game is a real prospect.
Veltman 8 - Solid decent professional not brilliant at anything but decent at everything! A great player to have in any squad.
Webster 8 -- Improving game by game and starting to become a top class centre half and a real threat when he brings the ball out.
Dunk 9 MotM -- Fantastic the last few games form has returned and suddenly we look so much better defensively.
Burn 6.5 - Always has a rick in him but overall did ok and
March 6 - Quiet game for him but solid and worked hard.
White 8.5 -- Very good especially 1st half broke things up and used the ball better than previous games there.
Gross 6 -- Neat and tidy but his lack of pace hurts him in this role.
Trossard 6 -- Some good moments 1st half but overplays and had to do better with his chance. Flatters to deceive a lot,
Mac Allister 8 -- Great work on the goal and at the heart of our best work, starting to come into his own.
Maupay 7.5 -- Lots to work on in his game but he gets goals and if/when he starts to hit chances 1st time he'll get more.
Bissouma 8 - Amazed he didn't start but stemmed the tide when he came on.
Tau 6 - Thought his inexperience at this level showed a bit today also will need to work harder in this country if he wants to succeed
Propper N/A Not on long enough but did well while on.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Sanchez 7 - great handling, but nothing to do
Veltman - 8
Dunk - 9
Webster - 8
Burn - 6
March - 7
White - 9
Gross - 7
MacAllister - 8
Maupay - 7
Trossard - 6

Bissouma - 6
Tau - 5
Propper - 10 for the flair in the corner at the end [emoji23][emoji23].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Lots of credit to GP today. If we lose that game - with that team out - with Ben White walking off the pitch laughing and joking with his old team mates, he is then under massive pressure. He's got a pair on him to do it his way. Pre game we all thought he'd lost his mind.

Sanchez 8. So refreshing to see a keeper make the ball his own in the box. He is still learning but seems to be doing it quickly
March 7. As an aside Murray in particular waxed lyrical about Sollys performance in training. I wonder if this superb form will continue if and when crowds return? I'll enjoy while it lasts and hope it continues.
Burn 6. Lost ball in dangerous position 2nd half over playing it. Without a left foot I don't think he makes the team.
Dunk and Webster 8. Showed the Leeds CBs how its done coming out from defence.
Veltman 7. Good game - possibly his best - but better defending than going forwards. Chalk and cheese what him and Lamptey offer.
White 8.5 MOM. For the first time, he felt like a Brighton player
Gross 6. Couple of loose passes unlike him. Not really his game up against pace.
Macallister 8. Starting to add much needed strength to his game. Last 2 performances have easily been his best in a Brighton shirt.
Trossard 6. Spurned a great chance. Not a natural team player but better than recent games today.
Maupay 7. Couldn't miss.

Bissouma 8. Seemed to have his head on. May have sharpened him up on the bench.
Tau 5. Needed him to hold onto the ball. Propper. 7.5 Loved his keep ball at the end.

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez 7
Veltman 8
Webster 7.5
Dunk 8
Burn 6.5
March 6
White 7.5
Gross 7
Trossard 7
Mac Allister 8.5 MoM
Maupay 7.5

Bissouma 7.5
Tau 5
Propper 7.5

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Sanchez - 8

Veltman - 9
Dunk - 9
Webster - 9
Burn - 7
March - 6.5

White - 9
Gross - 7

MacAllister - 7.5
Maupay - 7
Trossard - 6.5

Bissouma - 6
Tau - 5
Propper - 6

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Yep. I was really disappointed with the line up but have to hold my hands up and say I was wrong. He got it right today. Really hope this is the start of a bit of a run. Fulham game absolutely huge

I forgot about the 2pm line up, wasn’t until I found a stream that I realised we benched Bissouma and Tau. The timing of their substitutions made a significant and positive impact. Potter nailed it.

Players themselves proper went for it. No one being carried, Burn had a good game too, so glad he’s snapped out of that bad streak.

Veltman and Webster were solid. Dunk is a natural leader. Very proud of the lads tonight.

Fulham losing too just made it easier to look at the table. I suspect this will be the turning point now, the belief that a win against Leeds will be enormous. We may not rate them, but Leeds have done over a few clubs and so far, we’ve not been one of them.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sanchez 7.5
Veltman 8
March 6
Dunk 8.5
Webster 8
Burn 6
White 8.5 MOTM
Gross 8
MacAllister 7.5
Trossard 6.5
Maupay 7

Bissouma 6.5
Tau 4
Propper 7

The biggest difference for me of late has been Dunk’s form. Since the Fulham game he has been pretty much back to his best and we look so much more solid as a result.

In addition to Dunk, Veltman, Webster (again), White & Gross were all superb and we thoroughly deserved our victory.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
White MOM for me because he rose to the occasion. Can't have been easy for him being put in such a key role in such a high pressure fixture for the club and with all the added individual stuff because it was leeds. Not even his natural position. He was superb. Showed great maturity.

I was angsting when I saw Biss on the bench and gross starting. I am pro GP but thought he had lost it. Starting white in that role for that match was an act of trust by potter. It was repaid. Some other very good performances , Dunk, webster, veltman and Mac. The three subs were spot on too.

Beating dirty leeds, 3 points, our players playing for the manager and club, evolving squad... UTA

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Keeper and defence 8, midfield and forward line 7, subs 6. Lack of a second goal put pressure on the back line but they handled it well. Potter 8.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez 8 Clean sheet Did nothing wrong
Dunk 8 Very good
Webster 9 Very good plus one on Dunk for good forward runs.
Burn 6 Good when he was central but not comfortable out wide. Sanchez kicked long most of time and seems Burn plays so he has someone he can aim at.
Velman 7 In general stopped most of dangerous moves on left and managed to get forward
March 6 Very good defending which to be fair in an away game likely to be priority. Just disappointed with attacking play. Because so one footed defenders know he will go down line or lay it off
White 7 Although prefer him CB was very influential today
Gross 7 Did simple things well and great pass at beginning of goal move

Subs
Propper and Bissouma did well in seeing game out. Bit harsh on Percy but not the player to bring on when holding on to lead. Hopefully will have learnt from Proppers play
Macalister 8 Very good. Always say to do well we need Lalana to play well between midfield and forwards. He did this role just as well and a bit quicker
Trossard 7 He is more comfortable on left where he can cut in but made himself available well. Shame about crap shot
Maupay 7 Maybe a little harsh but felt he could have done a bit more with movement

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Dunk , white & Mcallister all 9 / everyone else 8 . Great team performance against a team that usually score goals for fun at home ,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here