Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Chelsea (h)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm sure a few will want to give 10s for everyone, but I don't do that.

Sanchez 8 -- stunning save from Gallagher's header, and his presence forced the ex-Palace goon into a poor shot. Brilliant passing too.
Gross 8 -- filled in at RB, and was hard, and did a job on Sterling. His engine kept going to the bitter end, yielding a fourth of the game and his of the season
Webster 7.5 -- a few misplaced passes, but some great stuff in there too
Dunk 8 -- imperious. Again.
Estupinan 9 MotM -- his best game yet. Hard. An assist, some great runs down the left.
Mac Allister 7.5 -- a few misplaced passes too, but purrs, he caresses the ball
Caicedo 9 -- what a vein of form he's in
Lallana 7 -- kept things ticking
March 8.5 -- what an intelligent player, what a first half, had Cucu (and I can't really remember saying that of anyone last season)
Mitoma 7 -- love him, but his radar was off today
Trossard 9 -- seven for the season, 25 in the PL, will deservedly become our top PL scorer, hopefully before the World Cup. What a stunning player, ran riot early on.

Enciso 7.5 -- lovely cameo, his got a foot like a traction engine
Lamptey 6
Sarmiento n/a

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Sanchez 8 -- stunning save from Gallagher's header, and his presence forced the ex-Palace goon into a poor shot. Brilliant passing too.
Gross 8 -- filled in at RB, and was hard, and did a job on Sterling. His engine kept going to the bitter end, yielding a fourth of the game and his of the season
Estupinan 9 MotM -- his best game yet. Hard. An assist, some great runs down the left.
March 8.5 -- what an intelligent player, what a first half, had Cucu (and I can't really remember saying that of anyone last season)
Trossard 9 -- seven for the season, 25 in the PL, will deservedly become our top PL scorer, hopefully before the World Cup. What a stunning player, ran riot early on.

Lamptey 6
Sarmiento n/a
Agree with these.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Sanchez 8
Gross 9 - played numerous positions and one was at right back!
Webster 8
Dunk 9
Estupinan 9 - best game for us. Needs to work on his right foot though
Mac Allister 8
Caicedo 9 - incredibly important for us. Gives us the power and physicality in midfield. Would really miss him f he got injured. Amazing.
Lallana 7 - able to receive really hard balls to help us play out.
March 9
Mitoma 8
Trossard 9

Enciso 7
Lamptey 7
Sarmiento n/a

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Sanchez 8
Gross 9 - played numerous positions and one was at right back!
Webster 8
Dunk 9
Estupinan 9 - best game for us. Needs to work on his right foot though
Mac Allister 8
Caicedo 9 - incredibly important for us. Gives us the power and physicality in midfield. Would really miss him f he got injured. Amazing.
Lallana 7 - able to receive really hard balls to help us play out.
March 9
Mitoma 8
Trossard 9

Enciso 7
Lamptey 7
Sarmiento n/a
Agree with this mostly, but would bump Sanchez to 9 and give him MOTM.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Lamptey 6
Sarmiento n/a
Almost with you but Ali Mac was better than 7.5 IMO. The number of times he anticipated trouble and did something about it was immense.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Stuffed them on both wings so my vote 9/10 for both Mitoma and March...

Dunk his usual masterclass, Sanchez made a couple of great saves, Caicedo becoming a new Biss, Tross did what he increasingly does and Gross snuffed out Sterling, Estupinan superb so all at least 8/10

No-one deserved less than 7/10.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Almost with you but Ali Mac was better than 7.5 IMO. The number of times he anticipated trouble and did something about it was immense.
Him and Caicedo are a great combo. there was a lot of little passes and winning of the ball Mac did to break up play as well

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Great game Took pressure off that Chelsea missed a couple of sitters after we went 3 up. Thought complete mistake by Potter, us without a recognised RB and Cucurella who could have exploited this played CB. All very well playing Stirling there but he doesnt defend so March so often one on one. I was so surprised managers first 2 subs when we were under cosh were attacking. Good for him.

Sanchez 9 Certainly no boobs today and some great saves.
Gross 8 Was concerned to see him marking Stirling but did a great job.
Dunk 7 Some great work but Havertz got better of him in several one on ones.
Webster 8 Good game
Estupinan 8 Very good. Just confirmed should have played against Spurs
Mac 7 Came through a Tough game against quality midfielders, With Trossard upfront long kicks from keeper pointless so midfielders need to make themselves more available
Caicedo 7 As above
Lalana 6 I know we were 3 up but game seem to pass him by
March 9 Fantastic work in defence and attack out wide,
Mitoma. 7 Have marked him up for assist and work in box but gave ball away to much in central position
Trossard 9 His close control is outstanding

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sanchez 9 - flawless today with several important saves

Gross 8
Webster 7 - while putting in fine performances, oddly Dunk & Webster were the least convincing players in the side today. Some struggles with Havertz especially. Still good though.
Dunk 7 - see above
Estupinan 8 - best performance so far

Mac Allister 8 - while not really controlling the game, he still had Mount in his pocket
Caicedo 9 - after a few weaker performances recently, he was immense today
Lallana 7 - looks wee bit lazy but works his arse off and his experience was very valuable today

Mitoma 8 - IMO the biggest reason for Brighton winning today. GP set up with a team ready to deal with Welbeck and instead had to deal with the unpredictable, dangerous and flairy Mitoma/Tross combo.
Trossard 9 - Trossard having a good day = Brighton having a good day. Most important player in the team and currently irreplacable.
March 9 - Southgate, are you watching?

Enciso 7 - if you look at Encisos doings today, it will look shite - but that is without context. Came on and worked incredibly hard.
Lamptey 7 - did ok

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sanchez 9 - flawless today with several important saves

Gross 8
Webster 7 - while putting in fine performances, oddly Dunk & Webster were the least convincing players in the side today. Some struggles with Havertz especially. Still good though.
Dunk 7 - see above
Estupinan 8 - best performance so far

Mac Allister 8 - while not really controlling the game, he still had Mount in his pocket
Caicedo 9 - after a few weaker performances recently, he was immense today
Lallana 7 - looks wee bit lazy but works his arse off and his experience was very valuable today

Mitoma 8 - IMO the biggest reason for Brighton winning today. GP set up with a team ready to deal with Welbeck and instead had to deal with the unpredictable, dangerous and flairy Mitoma/Tross combo.
Trossard 9 - Trossard having a good day = Brighton having a good day. Most important player in the team and currently irreplacable.
March 9 - Southgate, are you watching?

Enciso 7 - if you look at Encisos doings today, it will look shite - but that is without context. Came on and worked incredibly hard.
Lamptey 7 - did ok
You're normally spot on on all things football-related. You clearly have been over-invested in the weed rather than watching Moises of late.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez 9
Gross 9
Webster 7
Dunk 7.5
Estupinan 8.5
Mac Allister 8.5
Caicedo 9
Lallana 8.5
March 8
Mitoma 8.5
Trossard 9

Enciso 8
Lamptey 6
Sarmiento 6.5

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sanchez 9 - Superb performance - saves and distribution were exceptional
Gross 8 - Best performance under De Zerbi - Proved me wrong (again)
Webster 8 - Still causes me moments of anxiety, but very strong yesterday
Dunk 8 - Tough game which he came out of on top - some moments of majesty
Estupinan 8.5 - Best game for us so far. Excellent runs and crossing
Mac Allister 8.5 - Tough game - battled through
Caicedo 9 - Superb in the first half especially - Just about staying on the right side of the ref. - Great pass leading to the 2nd
Lallana 8.5 - Crucial for us in this game. His close control and quick feet kept everything moving in the right direction
March 9 - Well you don't need me to tell you... f***ing awesome
Mitoma 8.5 - He's the real deal - great pass for the first. Some sloppiness, but has made a massive step up, with ease
Trossard 9 - Great game - One of many that clearly felt they had to stick it to Potter, and did

Enciso 7 - Very encouraging cameo - hope he gets more chances
Lamptey 7 - Did well enough
Sarmiento 6 - Not really enough time to judge, but I like the cut of his jib

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Lallana 7 - looks wee bit lazy but works his arse off

Not sure how a player can be "a wee bit lazy" and "work his arse off"??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
the leadership and how niggly Lallana is when on the pitch is important. Got that big club experience of chipping away at the ref constantly as well which we definitely have lacked in the past

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Lallana 7 - looks wee bit lazy but works his arse off

Not sure how a player can be "a wee bit lazy" and "work his arse off"??
Something along the lines of “he’s class and he can look good effortlessly”.

Working hard isn’t just, I guess, about running around like a headless chicken, but also thinking, being in the right place at the right time, being aware of what is going on around you, and having the (considerable) skills to do something about it.

PS - and there is the “niggly” comment from @Springal above. For a relatively small man, it’s noticeable how much he gets at people, a little nudge, a push, even when, or maybe particularly when, the ball is not in play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here