Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Bmuff

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Sanchez - 8 clean sheet, couple of neat saves. A customary mistake to put off potential buyers. Nice afternoon!
Lamptey - 6 not terrible, just seems a bit lost in attacking positions, which was a massive part of his potential. Hopefully RDZ can improve this
Dunk - 7 solid shift. Not too much to do. Will Brighton ever have a club legend like him again!
Veltman - 7 see above. Felt like giving him an extra point for the rugby tackle. Love this guy
Estupinan - 8 great in both directions, especially the outstanding block in the second half 1-on-1 that got some big bonus Bobby S love
March - 8 consistently terrorising defences with his confidence and directness, back to where he was very briefly before his horrible injury a few years ago. Got to get an England call at some point if this continues
Gross - 6 weirdly seems better at right back! Maybe just me!
Gilmour - 6 borderline 5. Just seemed a bit lost for me and didn't do anything that well. Still young, hopefully will get more chances
Mitoma - 8 not at his best in first half but lovely skills and outstanding goal in 2nd. What. A. Player.
Undav - 5 nothing against him, but should have scored with his triple chance and didn't feel he offered much else
Welbeck - 6 pretty quiet

Subs
Thought Sarmiento stood out with his directness and skill, and Caicedo was a huge upgrade when he came on. Can't comment on others from my view on the North

RDZ
Got all his attacking subs on together. Big balls!!

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Sanchez - 7
Lamptey - 6
Dunk - 7
Veltman - 6.5
Estupinan - 8
March - 6
Gross - 6
Gilmour - 6
Mitoma - 7
Undav - 6
Welbeck - 6
Enciso - 5.5
Buonanotta 6.5
Sarmiento 6.5

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought Gilmour did alright overall. Same Undav apart from the obvious. We weren’t at our best, not helped by 11 behind the ball, but we found a way. WE WOULD NOT HAVE WON THAT GAME LAST SEASON UNDER POTTER

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought Undav looked decent and every inch an Albion striker!

His one touch link up play was good, all things considered, I think he might end up suiting RdZ rather well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought Undav looked decent and every inch an Albion striker!

His one touch link up play was good, all things considered, I think he might end up suiting RdZ rather well.
Certainly some nice touches - just should have scored with 2nd and 3rd attempts but oh well nobody is perfect - even Mitoma

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Certainly some nice touches - just should have scored with 2nd and 3rd attempts but oh well nobody is perfect - even Mitoma
Yeah it's just that's all posters are going to see - which is a shame.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes I omitted an important 'some'.
Don’t think anyone was really bad, just don’t think anyone was really good! Funny old game but a huge, huge 3 points

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought Undav did well as did Gilmour as neither have had much game time. Welbeck annoyed me, he should have done better with the header and the cross he didn’t even test the keeper or hit the target with. He also lost the ball too often for my liking to. I was pleased to see him subbed :shrug:

Pawson is a fussy annoying fecker, hope we don’t have him again anytIme soon

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought Gilmour did alright overall. Same Undav apart from the obvious. We weren’t at our best, not helped by 11 behind the ball, but we found a way. WE WOUOD NOT HAVE WON THAT GAME LAST SWASON UNDER POTTER
This. Undav was great with his back to goal and made some great runs….he’s as strong as an Ox. Billy did fine….big shoes to fill.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought Undav did well as did Gilmour as neither have had much game time. Welbeck annoyed me, he should have done better with the header and the cross he didn’t even test the keeper or hit the target with. He also lost the ball too often for my liking to. I was pleased to see him subbed :shrug:

Pawson is a fussy annoying fecker, hope we don’t have him again anytIme soon
Not Welbs best game - looked a bit rusty. But normally he’s so dependable. Seemed to get too good a contact on the header?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Funny how people see the game
I thought we were in general a bit off it all around apart from Pervis and Veltman.
Gilmour marginally the best of an average midfield.

Estupinan MotM
Can’t argue with that. As I said, nobody had a bad, bad game, nobody was that good. But the key thing was the attitude and the result. We were still the better and dominant team despite our par performance imo.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Sanchez - 7
Lamptey - 6
Dunk - 7
Veltman - 7
Estupinian - 8
March - 6
Gilmour - 6
Gross - 7
Mitoma - 7