Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Blackburn

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think you must be the only person that saw the same game as me.

No I did, I thought we were pedestrian and lacking in any creativity at times but it just shows how poor Blackburn really are.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Quite generous scores I think. We were pretty poor considering we won 3-0.

I thought we played well considering the makeshift team we managed to field today and to win 3-0 was a damn good result.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No I did, I thought we were pedestrian and lacking in any creativity at times but it just shows how poor Blackburn really are.

We were very organised in defence, virtually all the Blackburn shots were from outside the box but because they have some quality they made Kuz work. Astounded how many of you seemed to expect more, that was almost a 2nd string team. I was impressed in the 2nd half. Oscar's tactics are getting through to the team and we are improving in spite of the fact we are losing a 1st team player a match. Expectations from some of you are just fecking ridiculous.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The numbers don't matter. If they did Rovers were worth at least a draw. The point is JFC followed up last week's 35 yarder with a winner of a header, Ince impressed and Bridcutt returned. Barnes fought, Conway was effective and Lita looked useful.

Agree. Don't want you to think I'm complaining, just thought we played poorly in the first half and a number of players were anonymous (Crofts springs to mind). Still enjoyed it though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We were very organised in defence, virtually all the Blackburn shots were from outside the box but because they have some quality they made Kuz work. Astounded how many of you seemed to expect more, that was almost a 2nd string team. I was impressed in the 2nd half. Oscar's tactics are getting through to the team and we are improving in spite of the fact we are losing a 1st team player a match. Expectations from some of you are just fecking ridiculous.

I was not expecting anymore, we can really only judge this team after the next transfer window in my view or perhaps not till next season once Oscar sorts out who he wants.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Pig 9
Bruno 3
Upson 4
Greer 7
Ward 6
Ince 8
Crofts 5
Jfc 8
Lopez 7
Conway 5
Barnes 8

Ince was my man on the match, Bruno and Upson were passengers today and Upson was a liability

Probably the most inaccurate set of ratings I've ever seen on here.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We may not have been great, but we weren't poor overall. A few poor patches, but anyone describing the performance as a whole as poor are, IMO, being unfair on the players.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Kusczcak - fantastic display, assured and agile.

Defence - Very loose to begin with but eventually got going. Ward solid as usual, Greer and Upson assured. Bruno total dog meat.

Midfield - Solid. Ince is raw but a very good youngster, Crofts was very very busy again, JFC seems to have stepped up in the last few games and doesn't look as nervous, Conway played really rather well, Lopez fairly anonymous.

Barnes - Grew in confidence after he scored the penalty, when the kid has a spot belief in himself he's a completely different prospect.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was not expecting anymore, we can really only judge this team after the next transfer window in my view or perhaps not till next season once Oscar sorts out who he wants.

We'll have to agree to disagree, I think Oscar and the squad are doing brilliantly. I imagine we are not far off points or position from this time last year. Given the injury crisis and the fact that I don't leave most games frustrated by our inability to turn a performance into points this season, I cannot understand the negativity.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We'll have to agree to disagree, I think Oscar and the squad are doing brilliantly. I imagine we are not far off points or position from this time last year. Given the injury crisis and the fact that I don't leave most games frustrated by our inability to turn a performance into points this season, I cannot understand the negativity.
I don't think there is any negativity, I think you're imagining it. I for one am very optimistic about the rest of Oscar's tenure.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Kooshack - 9 MOM - Sealed the win with some brilliant saves.
Bruno - 5
Upson - 7
Greer - 6
Ward - 6
JFC - 8
Ince - 7
Crofts - 6
Dave - 6
Conway - 7 - Best game so far !!
Barnes - 8.5

Subs - All 6

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Using Football Manager style ratings:

Kuszczak - 8.7
Bruno - 5.8
Greer - 6.9
Upson - 6.4
Ward - 6.9
Ince - 7.2
Crofts - 6.9
Caskey - 7.6
Lopez - 6.1
Conway - 7.7
Barnes - 7.4

Subs

Bridcutt - 6.6
Lita - 6.4
El-Abd - N/A

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Kuszazak - 10 (did nothing wrong, and preformed LIKE A GOD)

Ward - 6 looked solid at the back
Greer - 6 did okay
Upson - 5 too many loose passes, second half was solid though
Bruno - 5 still can't trust him defensively

Ince - 7 played well defensively, and made two excellent runs going forward
Crofts - 7 can't think of any major mistakes, solid again
JFC - 7 played well, loved his header
Conway - 7 did well, would be amazing if he had pace
Lopez - 6 improving, but still poor at times

Barnes - 7 worked hard and did his job. Missed a great chance though first half

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
No ratings ,but a cliche from another thread.IMO we have won the last 2 games,and not played that well,promotion form ? ( Barnes and PIG 7,Bruno 5 the rest 6 )

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
TK - 8 - Had a great match today
Bruno - 6 - nearly put TK in the mire but still solid enough for me
Greer - 6 - OK but made a few basic Errors
Upson - 6 - Poor first half , decent 2nd
Ward - 7 - Solid yet again
Lopez - 6.5 - decent game and drew some fouls for a few free kicks
Conway - 6 - A few decent runs today but still off the pace for my liking
Ince - 7 - Some incredible Horse like strides forward. Still young but learning quickly
JFC - 7.5 - a great run and header for the goal and nearly scored again from a free kick
Crofts - 7.5 - Another solid game & his run in the team is showing in his play
Barnes - 7 - Worked hard and deserved a bit of luck in the back of far too harsh Criticism

Bridcutt - 6 - looked rusty but soooo good to see him back
Lita - 5 - not much play time but his experience shows
El-Abd - N/A

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Kuszczack 9. Excellent could have been 3-3 if not for some great shot stoping my MOM

Bruno 5. Good going forward not so going back.

Greer 6. Thought he had a very good game

Upson 6 very good other than a couple of wayward passes

Ward 6 good game

Ince 6 Very good game and is going to get a lot better today up against their number 7 who I thought was their MOM

Crofts 6 works hard closing down then playing simple balls.

JFC 7 again good game coming on in leaps 2 goals in two games home grown talent and another goal.

Spanish Dave 5.5 Had to cover for Bruno at times still not at his best.

Conway 6 Good game not the pace of some wingers but works hard

Barnes 7 Always tries to do what ever is asked of him plus two goals the relief was evident

Subs:

Bridcutt 7. Great to see him back only took a few mins and he was back controlling things

Lita 5. Two half chances very quick hope we can afford to sign him in January

El Abd 5 great to see Adam on the pitch never has let us down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here