Jul 31, 2003
location location
Brezovan 4 - several mistakes
Calde 5 - probably the pick of the defence
El Abd 5 - pulled out of position too many times
Greer 4 - terrible game, looked woeful, so unlike him
Painter 3 - wtf? Daft to pitch him in on such a key occasion and it backfired
Bridcutt 3 - possibly his worst game for us
Navarro 4 - not an attacking midfielder, shame as he has been brilliant recently
Dicker 5 - some slick passing and some sloppy but not up to the tempo of the game
Assulin 6 - looked our most lively threat with Vicente first half. However, we were 3-0 down by then
Vicente 6 - class but little support and faded in 2nd half
Barnes 4 - anonymous in the lone striker role

Subs:

CMS 4 (Barnes) - no service whatsoever but marked out of the game
Lua Lua 5 (Assulin) - passing good but only managed one cross as well shackled
Noone 7 (Vicente), final ball lacking a couple of times but our most potent threat when he came on (even West Ham chants of sign him up)!

Man of Match

Billy 'Barndoor' Paynter - 2 goals for Leeds today :wozza:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Brez - 2. Would have been one if it wasn't for the decent save in first half
Calderon - 3.5. seemed out of position a lot and had two or three decent chances for crosses but poor balls into the box
El abd - 1. been top draw this season except reading away and today.
Greer - 3. Got beat for the second goal and seemed a bit off the pace.
Painter - 5. Would have got higher of had the pace, didn't do too much wrong though.

Assulin - 7. Tried to make things happen!
Vicente - 7. As above.

Dicker, Navarro, bridcutt - 1s. All useless.

Barnes - he never got given the ball so not sure how can rate him?!

Cms - as above like barnes.
Lua lua - 5. Their beast of a right back his toughest match up yet.
Noone - 6. Tried to make things happen, lacked end product :(

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Embarrassing performance. Gus must be off his head. How could he ever have picked that starting line-up? My confidence in him is sapping rapidly.

Brez 4. From what I saw the fist goal went right thru his arms. Awful goal-keeping. But he did make a couple of good saves later in the half. No idea whether he was at fault for any of the 2nd half goals.
Calderon 4. Not as bad as some of his team-mates.
Greer 6. Best of the defenders.
ElAbd 4. Poor game.
Painter 2. Terrible defending lead directly to 3rd goal. Did nothing worthwhile. Reyes did all right last game so why the hell did Gus suddenly decide to bring Painer back. Weird ... and wrong.
Navarro 4.
Bridcutt 4
Dicker 3. Very poor game.
Vicente 6. Only player to come away with any credit. He will not want to hang around at Brighton with the bunch of clowns he has to play with.
Assulin 5. Second best of the Albion players, but too lightweight.
Barnes 3. Awful.

Subs:
CMS 2. Did nothing
KLL 3. Was not given the ball.
Noone 3. Tried a couple of things, but overall poor.

Manager 1. Truly bizarre line-up. Wrong subs. Bad, bad, bad.

And he sat in his seat with his arms folded the entire game what was that all about

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And this was the squad that until very recently was 4th in the table. A few results go against us and everyone is suddenly shit. Have you never had an off day?

Oh f*** off it wasn't an off day it was far far worse than that. Poyet has some real thinking to do. I've been behind him 100% until recently where his selections are frankly that of a mad man. I thought I had calmed down but I'm actually getting more angry. A day wasted, over £100 wasted and a f***ing headache. West Ham are a bully fast team and the prat picked about the slowest players in our entire squad, a f***ing f***ing idiot.AGAIN

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Brez-1

Calde-3
GG-4
El-Abd-2
Painter-2

Navs-2
Bridcutt-4
Dicker-5

Vicente-7
Assulin-7

Barnes-4

Subs:
KLL-5
CMS-5
Noone-6

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Then it is time he stopped playing his favourites. Dicker was dreadful before his injury and nothing has changed. Painter was awful and should never have been in today's side. Why on earth did he change the side so drastically after Tuesday's performance? One thing is for certain- we need 2 strikers who get some service. Still gutted after that shit performance
To be fair Painter is our only fit current out and out left back. (people commented after Tuesday that Reyes looked dodgy on the left)
His performance today shows how much we need to sign Mattock.

Vicente and Assulin 6.5
The rest 2
Gus 1 - Didn't agree with team but could kind of understand it BUT the formation was crying out to be changed and he just swapped like for like with the subs. I thought at 3-0 down (and actually on top for a short period) we would bring on KLL and CMS and really give it a go - we did but took off Asulin (best player) and Barnes (desperately needed a partner).

Having said that it has been a fantastic season and I think next year will be even better (as long as Bridcutt, Navs and Dicker don't all start together in midfield)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Dicker was dreadful

Most of the times I have seen him play he has been. Slower than the average tortoise and a real liability at Championship level.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Oh f*** off it wasn't an off day it was far far worse than that. Poyet has some real thinking to do. I've been behind him 100% until recently where his selections are frankly that of a mad man. I thought I had calmed down but I'm actually getting more angry. A day wasted, over £100 wasted and a f***ing headache. West Ham are a bully fast team and the prat picked about the slowest players in our entire squad, a f***ing f***ing idiot.AGAIN

Be careful. There are a lot of Gus lovers on this Board in whose eyes he can rarely do anything wrong.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

Were you stamping your feet and waving your arms around when typing that:)

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Brezovan - 3

Painter - 4
Greer - 4
El-Abd - 3
Calderon - 5

Dicker - 3
Navarro - 4
Bridcutt - 4
Assulin - 6
Vicente - 6

Barnes - 4

-----

Noone - 6
Lualua - 5
Mackail-Smith - 4

I normally add some explanation, but can't be arsed after that performance yesterday. :albion2:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
And he sat in his seat with his arms folded the entire game what was that all about
True, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, especially those who went to the game.
but people calling him an idiot is a bit OTT considering what he has achieved. i think he would be the first to admit he got it badly wrong but to be fair, a lot of players who are usually highly rated on here all had a really poor game on the same day. Greer, El Abd, Navarro and Bridcutt - that takes a lot out of the side.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Were you stamping your feet and waving your arms around when typing that:)

Er no I'm not a child I'm 44. However I'm f***ing angry and have every right to be.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Spot on
He picked navarro,dicker and bridcutt,that's no creativity and all average league 1 players and yes two of the slowest midfielders you could ask for.Just when I thought gus couldn't get any worse he does,bet he starts Harley on tuesday now.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
True, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, especially those who went to the game.
but people calling him an idiot is a bit OTT considering what he has achieved. i think he would be the first to admit he got it badly wrong but to be fair, a lot of players who are usually highly rated on here all had a really poor game on the same day. Greer, El Abd, Navarro and Bridcutt - that takes a lot out of the side.
They all had a poor day because the tactics were completely wrong,gus set up to defend yet again and had no intention of attacking by the looks of it.He won't say he got it wrong,he will just blame the players,yes the players that shouldn't be near the first team.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The teams that Gus selected for the away games against Burnley and West Ham were woeful and overly defensive. My only hope is that he has learned lessons but I wouldn't hold your breath. I would not be at all surprised to see Harley start in the Watford game; and I would be surprised if Dicker is dropped. He'll need to have a few more bad games yet.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
that was just an appalling display of football.......hammers made as much a mockery of the hoofball tag as they did of us...........terrible.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Then it is time he stopped playing his favourites. Dicker was dreadful before his injury and nothing has changed. Painter was awful and should never have been in today's side. Why on earth did he change the side so drastically after Tuesday's performance? One thing is for certain- we need 2 strikers who get some service. Still gutted after that shit performance

this is a harsh assessment.

in League 1 when we got Dicker he was one of our more cultured players - even though he had a spell of being out of favour. Painter also did the job well in that league. At this level Dicker has sometimes looked inferior compared with others around him and the opposition - but this week he has simply looked unfit. Surprised he played at West Ham after a performance against Reading that looked sluggish. Painter is simply not at the standard we now require. Neither are dreadful players - we've simply outgrown them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here