[Albion] Player ratings v Watford (away)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Llanla bossed the Midfield and everything went through him. He was a sold 9.

Just goes to show how we watch the same game, but see different things.

Cucurella didn't have his best game, and some of his simple passes were not hitting their intended target. Saying that, he could have easily been on the scoresheet, maybe twice.

Moder is fast becoming one of my favourite players. He is only 22 and has very good feet, can shoot, always looks forward and gets in the box. Never shys away from his defensive duties either.

I can see him scoring more next season.

Seriously, if you could not see how great Lallana was yesterday you must have either been pissed or forgot your glasses.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Llanla bossed the Midfield and everything went through him. He was a sold 9.

Just goes to show how we watch the same game, but see different things.

Cucurella didn't have his best game, and some of his simple passes were not hitting their intended target. Saying that, he could have easily been on the scoresheet, maybe twice.

Moder is fast becoming one of my favourite players. He is only 22 and has very good feet, can shoot, always looks forward and gets in the box. Never shys away from his defensive duties either.

I can see him scoring more next season.

Always interesting to see new ways of spelling the fairly straight up name Lallana.

Agree with your opinions though.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sanchez 6 Little to do apart from a couple of decent saves. Distribution better
Lamptey 8 Constant threat but hacked down so many times. Just too good for them. Love how he links up with Veltman
Veltman 8 His second half performance was immense. Loved his crowd interaction. What an absolute star player he is.
Dunk 7 Back to being Dunky after an understandably shaky Spuds performance
Webster 7 Ditto and there to score the goal.
Cuccurella 6 Not at his stunning best but worked his socks off
Gross 6 Love him. No Cruyff turns but he never gives up
Lallana 6 The obvious class, perhaps didn't quite shine through today but you have to have to love him
Moder 8 Thank goodness Tony had the foresight to get that Skoda out. MOM in the first half and kept going
Maupay 8 Just for the amazing goal. Love the guy
Welbeck 6 Not his afternoon

Bissouma 8 Class substitution
Argie Mac 8 Ditto
Duffy N/A

Overall, a great performance. Routine win. Goodness, how far have we come??????? MOM joint Veltman / Moder

If that was Lallana on a six, my brain might not be able to handle seeing him on a seven.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Great team performance against opponents who were set up with two well drilled banks of four which in the past we would have struggled to breakdown but this with group of players options abound

Sanchez - 6 - commanded his box plucking several high balls with ease plus one very good save with his feet when we were only 0-1 up could have changed the game
Lamptey - 7 - had a battle against their left back as both were speed merchants which Lamptey ultimately won out some wonderful close control
Cucurella - 6 - steady game lovely hair almost scored
Webster - 7 - never say die attitude deserved his goal
Dunk - 6 - still not back to his best with his left thigh heavily strapped I think he is still struggling with an injury having said that he’s always gives his all
Veltman - 7 - great buy great player, I hope that loosing Dan Ashworth means we miss out on similar finds moving forward
Gross - 6 - steady game but I thought we need a bit more pace in midfield
Lallana - 8 - what a class act
Moder - 8 - very unlucky not to score on a couple of occasions he really is developing into a fine player
Welbeck - 6 - limited opportunities but played his part especially in defence with a couple of good clearance headers from corners
Maupay - 8 - as for Welbeck limited opportunities but the one he got he goes on to score with a wonder goal

MacAllister - 7 - coming on was the game changer great move by GP to counter and better Roys own changes
Bissouma - 7 - gave the midfield the driving pace that was missing
Duffy - 6 - not on long but made sure the defence was bulletproof in the last moments

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, as much as most others have got most things right, there are some bizarre player ratings littered throughout this thread. Might this be down to broader player prejudices, rather than yesterday's performance?

Sanchez 6 -- one good save, some reassuring claims, kicking not up to it
Lamptey 7.5 -- a menace, an assist, and hacked to bits by the dirty northern bustards
Veltman 8.5 -- hard, professional, skilful, and one excellent bit of defending in the first half to diffuse a one-on-on
Dunk 6.5 -- getting there
Webster 7.5
Cucurella 6 -- great energy and solid defensively, poor passing today
Lallana 8.5 -- ran the show, one of his best games for us
Gross 6 -- I don't get why he's playing so much. His set plays aren't what they were. His passing isn't what it was, including yesterday. He hasn't scored from open play for two or three years. Take those away from his repertoire, there isn't too much left beyond experience, engine and vision .
Moder 8.5 MotM -- was absolutely everywhere yesterday, numerous tackles and interceptions, some great changes of direction, brilliant running beyond, one decent strike on target, and another that deserved to go in
Maupay 7 -- got a bit luck with that one, great running
Welbeck 7 -- stretched them all over the place

Subs:
Mac and Biss 8 -- perfectly timed substitutions by our brilliant manager, who showed their class and ushered us over the line

'Twas a cracking away day

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You didn’t like Gross’s performance then not in row KK were you?
(Sme idiot was giving Gross terrible abuse throughout)

Thought he was great, just effectively doing a job allowing others to play, but then if I recall you didn’t rate Bruno either ��

As for Bissouma, he was above average during the time he was on, as was Gross.

Row U,

Bissouma was comfortably the best player on the park the moment he walked on. Gross was sooooooooooooooo slow.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Row U,

Bissouma was comfortably the best player on the park the moment he walked on. Gross was sooooooooooooooo slow.

Didn’t think Bissouma was even the best sub - (see MacAllister).

Neither of them were as good as Lallana IMO…..

As for Gross, yes he’s slow, but he was key yesterday to how we played. All opinions, just see the game differently ��

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Great team performance against opponents who were set up with two well drilled banks of four which in the past we would have struggled to breakdown but this with group of players options abound

Sanchez - 6 - commanded his box plucking several high balls with ease plus one very good save with his feet when we were only 0-1 up could have changed the game
Lamptey - 7 - had a battle against their left back as both were speed merchants which Lamptey ultimately won out some wonderful close control
Cucurella - 6 - steady game lovely hair almost scored
Webster - 7 - never say die attitude deserved his goal
Dunk - 6 - still not back to his best with his left thigh heavily strapped I think he is still struggling with an injury having said that he’s always gives his all
Veltman - 7 - great buy great player, I hope that loosing Dan Ashworth means we miss out on similar finds moving forward
Gross - 6 - steady game but I thought we need a bit more pace in midfield
Lallana - 8 - what a class act
Moder - 8 - very unlucky not to score on a couple of occasions he really is developing into a fine player
Welbeck - 6 - limited opportunities but played his part especially in defence with a couple of good clearance headers from corners
Maupay - 8 - as for Welbeck limited opportunities but the one he got he goes on to score with a wonder goal

MacAllister - 7 - coming on was the game changer great move by GP to counter and better Roys own changes
Bissouma - 7 - gave the midfield the driving pace that was missing
Duffy - 6 - not on long but made sure the defence was bulletproof in the last moments

I think you missed a “don’t “ ‘before miss out on’

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
What’s becoming very clear is we have a core of about 13 players who are very, very good. A lot would get into most sides. With the likes of Lamptey, Cucu, Biss and Mac we have players who are probably being looked at very closely by the very biggest teams. Cucu has made a huge difference i think. Having him on the left, with Lamptey on the other side just creates total carnage down the wings and is affording a bit more space for our central players. Clearly Moder is probably a goal or two away from joining that list. Then we have one of the best gk/defences in the league. It’s all right retry surreal isn’t it? But it feels like we’ve really moved to another level all together in the last year. Plus Tross, Maupay, and the experience and guile of Welbz and Lallana and it’s not hard to see why we are beginning to be taken so seriously.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What’s becoming very clear is we have a core of about 13 players who are very, very good. A lot would get into most sides. With the likes of Lamptey, Cucu, Biss and Mac we have players who are probably being looked at very closely by the very biggest teams. Cucu has made a huge difference i think. Having him on the left, with Lamptey on the other side just creates total carnage down the wings and is affording a bit more space for our central players. Clearly Moder is probably a goal or two away from joining that list. Then we have one of the best gk/defences in the league. It’s all right retry surreal isn’t it? But it feels like we’ve really moved to another level all together in the last year. Plus Tross, Maupay, and the experience and guile of Welbz and Lallana and it’s not hard to see why we are beginning to be taken so seriously.

It’s mad…..does mean the bench is looking immense too. Bringing on Biss and Ali Mac on Saturday instantly suffocated Watford, but also meant neither are overloaded ahead of tomorrow (along with Leo who didn’t play). No idea what lineup GP will put out :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Clearly Moder is probably a goal or two away from joining that list.

He really reminds me of Kai Havertz. They are almost the same age, height and are very similar in their style of play. Moder’s shooting is not that bad, he is the sort of player who could go on a run of goals like a Willock. It would not surprise me if he got to double figures next season, he is always so close to scoring (although he does put away cup chances).

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

Which is why the ‘big’ teams will now try to break our little team up. It’s vital we keep that to a minimum and on our terms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports