Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v Palace (h) - FA Cup

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
History will show that in 2018 BHA knocked Crystal Phallus out of the FA Cup.
No matter the circumstances, It means we can remind them of this for years to come.
I reckon that alone is worth an extra point (at least) on each rating surely.

Also a notch on the direct results against them. Think they’d narrowed the wins to 2 before tonight.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Surprised at the 6s for Hemed - thought he did OK at winning the ball and holding it up - he had a great shot on the turn.

I pretty much agree with others - thought Kayal and Stephens were the best players and that March was pretty poor

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Krul: 6.5 Nothing to do. Did his best with the goal but not to blame.

Schelotto: 7. Did well going forward and tracking back but some positional issues. Those will be eradicated given time.
Hunermeier: 7.5 Won everything. Happy to have him as backup if Dunk/Duffy aren't available.
Goldson: 7. Couple of issues with winning the ball esp with the equaliser but did well. Shame to lose him on loan if we do but if he wants games I don't blame him.
Bong: Still undecided if him or Suttner should have the LB berth but didnt do his chances any harm tonight,

March: 6.5 His end product is still a concern. Sort that and he can be a real force for us,
Stephens: 7. Good finish, but caught in possession once or twice. Put in a good shift though before being subbed.
Kayal: 8. Everywhere. Great ball for Baldock's chance late on. Perhaps an option for us as solid both going forward and in a DM position. Long may it continue.
Izquierdo: 7. Was a useful outlet but struggled to make the right choice when the opportunity arose. Has potential.
Brown: N/A not on enough

Hemed: 7. Not many clear chances but a good turn and shot in the 2nd which could have scored from.

Baldock: 7 Gave an outlet in the channels for us, great chance in the 2nd from Kayals chance. Encouraging.
Propper: 6.5 Gave the ball away a few times, could have been a greater attacking force.
Murray: 7.5. Marked up for the goal but not on all that long to give a detailed score for.

Overall we deserved the win. Bring on the Boro.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Krul 6 Nothing to do
Bong 7 OK
Goldson 7 Not as good as last game but ok
Hunemier 7 OK
Schelotto ok but but brainless going forward
March 7 Good game
Kayal 8 Very good 9 if not missed that chance
March 6 Terrible first half better second
Hemed 3 Thought he was terrible contributed nothing.
Baldock 4 Just better then Hemed
Izquierdo 6 Would expext more for money

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Surprised at the 6s for Hemed - thought he did OK at winning the ball and holding it up - he had a great shot on the turn.

I pretty much agree with others - thought Kayal and Stephens were the best players and that March was pretty poor

Depends on how you define a 6. If you're a more generous marker, you might define it as poor but I see it as being the upper end of average, which is what he was. Had a few good moments and plugged away as he usually does but didn't do enough for a 7, which I would define as "good" and having a more noticeable impact upon the game

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Frustrating game yet again. With all our possession we should have won much more easily. And we contrived to very nearly gift them an equaliser in the last minute. And our shooting was mostly embarrassing to behold.

Krul 7. Not a lot to do, but distribution OK.
Schelotto 7. Looked good again.
Hunemeir 7. Good performance considering lack of game time.
Goldson 7. Not quite as impressive as his last game, but played well.
Bong 8. Very good. Always trying to use the ball positively. One poor moment towards the end.
Kayal 8. Good to see him back and playing well. Gives us another good central midfield option. But he needs shooting practice.
Stephens 7. Decent game. Well taken goal. But still too much sideways and backwards passing.
March 6. Some good stuff, but too often made wrong decisions. And a shocking misss when surely easier to score.
Izquierdo 7. OK performance. Believe there is a lot more to come from him. The potential is there.
Brown N/A.
Hemed 7. Should have scored. Held the ball up quite well and won quite a lot in the air.

Subs:
Baldock 6. Not bad for his first game back and playing 85 minutes after a long layoff. Also needs shooting practice.
Propper 6. OK, but we looked weaker in midfield when he came on.
Murray 7. Well taken winner!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kayal 7
The rest apart from March 6
March 4 very poor, 1st half gave the ball away or put us under pressure with poor passing, many under hit, and makes the wrong decision on most occasions. Slowly and I mean slowly got better

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Krul - 6

Schellotto - 8
Goldson - 7
Uwe - 7
Bong - 6

March - 6
Stephens - 7
Kayal - 8
Isquierdo - 7

Baldock - 7
Hemed - 6

Murray -7
Propper - 6

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Is March getting a 7 for the chipped free kick for the 2nd goal?

Cause that was about all he did all game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't he set up Baldock who hit the post and started the move which fell to Kayal to sky over the bar?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Krul - 6.5 can’t failult the performance but didn’t look entirely confident
Schellotto - 7 another good performance. - If only his ball control wa a bit better
Goldson - 6 gave the ball away a few times otherwise good
Hunemeier - 7 good performance abd made the goal
Bong - 7 good performance with some penetrating runs
March - 6 poor performance despite some good moments. Terrible in front of goal
Stephens - 6 not st his best but a hole emerged after he went off
Kayal - 9 - MOM superb back to his best
izquierdo 7 good in patches

Brown- can’t score
Hemed - 7 good work rate

Baldock 7 added a lot to the team but awful miss and not match fit
Propper 6 didn’t add much
Murray 8 for the goal!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
T Krul 6
E Schelotto 6
C Goldson 5
U Hünemeier 6
G Bong 6
S March 5
B Kayal 7
D Stephens 6
(sub: D Pröpper 61min, 5)
J Izquierdo 5
I Brown (sub: S Baldock 6, 5)
T Hemed 6
(sub: G Murray 81, 6)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Krul 6
Schelotto 7
Hunemeier 7
Goldson 6
Bong 7
March 6
Kayal 8 MOTM
Stephens 7
Izquierdo 6
brown n/a
Hemed 6

Baldock 7
Propper 6
Murray 7

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Stephens deserves bonus points for finally driving into the box with the the ball at last.

Was this a result of playing with Kayal whom he trusts to cover the defensive duties in midfield?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stephens deserves bonus points for finally driving into the box with the the ball at last.

Was this a result of playing with Kayal whom he trusts to cover the defensive duties in midfield?

propper, Stephens and Kayal all spotted in the opposition box at one point or another last night. Nosebleeds all round

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Krul - 6 - Nothing to do and couldn't help conceding the goal.

Schellotto - 7 - Never looks comfortable on the ball but he's improving as each game passes.

Goldson - 6 - Looked calm and controlled to begin with but then made too many sloppy mistakes.

Uwe - 7 - Solid.

Bong - 6 - Good defensively but still think he offers very little going forward.

March - 6 - A few very good moments and a few very poor ones. Mixed bag.

Stephens - 7 - Took the goal well.

Kayal - 9 - He's back! Commanding performance in midfield but could've/should've had a goal.

Jose - 7 - Some good runs and worked hard.

Baldock - 7 - Run his legs off. Typical Baldock.

Hemed - 6 - Just not his night.

Brown - NA

Murray - NA

Propper - 6 - Needs to watch himself because Kayal will be pushing to replace him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
March improved after those two corners with the North Stand chanting his name. Maybe having a crisis of confidence?

He’s definitely not in the form he was in at the start of the season. Backing him can only help that. One thing I did notice about the Palace support was they sang a lot more songs about their love of palace/individuals. Most of our noise was anti Palace songs. I imagine that having your crowd back you must help.

He did create three of our best chances though. The Murray goal, the Kayal shot and the Hemed header.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here