Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v Leicester

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Burn a 3 is more than harsh, what else did he do wrong apart from get caught wrong side when the entire team had switched off? Something which wouldn’t have mattered if Walton had done his job.

3 is silly, but not sure Walton is more to blame on goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
3 is silly, but not sure Walton is more to blame on goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. No one in the team is really more to blame than anyone else for the goal. Everyone including all the non-Burns and non-Waltons are ball watching. As I see it the goal is mainly Tielemans & Iheanachos "fault".

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Considering both the Polish lads are young and have come from a lower standard league , I thought both played really well and showed they will be good additions to our squad .

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Walton - 5 - If he'd been more alive to the danger he'd have claimed that

Karbownik - 7 - Grew in confidence. Looks a proper runner

White - 7 - Offered good defensive cover and composed passing

Dunk - 7 - Blocked, covered and passed as he usually does

Burn - 3 - Some tidy passing, not all bad. But one appalling cross, one horrible clumsy moment for the disallowed goal and a hideous switch off for the winner. A little too much calamity for it to be a co-incidence.

Alzate - 5 - Tidy passing and one great cross, but looked clearly out of position to me. Villa will be targeting him for his defensive work

Gross - 7 - A man who knows what he's doing. Such a clever player

Moder - 6 - Dale Stephens performance. Ticked it over, didn't lose possession, didn't hurt the opponent. Decent debut

Lallana - 4 - Woeful finishing and gave the ball away too often. A poor game

Tau - 5- Buzzed around and looked to make things happen. Lacked the confidence to take on top notch defenders

Zeqiri - 7 - MOM - Lovely finish ruled offside, some decent wing play when he dropped wide. Made a strong case for league game time.

Pretty much agree but would lift Lallana, Walton and Burn's marks but not by much

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Walton - 6- Perhaps he should have clamed the cross for their goal but we had 8 players in the box they had 2 !!!

Karbownik - 7 - If he is mostly a LWB him and Lamptey would be a great combination

White - 7 - Another very good game. Always looking for a forward pass when he brings the ball out of defence.

Dunk - 7 - Back to his best form.

Burn - 5- Looked shaky at times and not up to his usual standard. Lost the scorer for their goal and almost gifted them one earlier when he had no idea where the ball was.
Alzate - 7 - The problem with being so versatile is that he gets put all over the place and doesn't really get a chance to make a position his own. Unless we play 6 in midfield or someone is not available he won't get to play CM much which is where he would be best in my opinion.

Gross - 7 - I thought he wouldn't get much game time this season but he has and has played really well.
Moder - 6 - Quiet but kept it simple and I don't remember him doing anything wrong.

Lallana - 7- A coach on the pitch! Plays some great passes but did make a real hash of his shot.

Tau - 6- Worked very hard and links up well. Needs to finish better. (Sounds familiar!)

Zeqiri - 7 - I thought that was the best he has played for us and deserves more game time. Finished his "goal" well.

Subs Not really worth scoring as nothing much from them.

GP 7 Rested some key players although White and Dunk need a break too. Impressed with the new lads and pleased he was brave enough to give them a start.
I thought the subs were a bit late and would have liked to see another striker on.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Overall, a good performance against a strong team.
First 10 minutes it looked like we’d be overrun, but then came back into it strongly. Not a surprise it took some settling in seeing as there were 2 debutants and another 3 with fewer than 10 (?) appearances between them..

Walton – 6. Not a great deal to do, generally tidy. Perhaps a keeper with more confidence would have organised (i.e. shouted at) everyone so they didn’t switch off for the goal. It could be argued that Dunk should have too and that they should all take individual responsibility for not switching off, so I don’t hold him solely responsible by any means

Karbownik – 7. Great debut. Pacy and direct – very promising indeed.

White – 7. Solid.

Dunk – 7. Just shades MOM as it was a better defensive display from the team than in attack. Between them, they limited a good side to very few clear-cut chances.

Burn – 5. Not his best game, but not terrible

Alzate – 6. Pretty average

Gross – 7. Did what he does. Found space for himself and others with smart runs and passes.

Moder – 6.5. I like the look of him – brings height to the midfield. Good debut

Lallana – 6.5. Better first half than 2nd. His influence showed when he tired & then went off

Tau – 5. Disappointing. Showed a lot of effort, didn’t seem on the same wavelength as his teammates. That should improve with game time, if he gets it.

Zeqiri – 7. Real signs of promise here and a great finish – such a shame it was disallowed

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Giving Burn a 10 to counter some of the stupid scores above :whistle:

3s and 4s on here are usually a clear sign of the negative bias the poster has against the player, not a reflection of the actual performance IMO........:shrug:

Performance to get a 3 or 4 would need to be shockingly bad in my book, no-one was near that last night.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Considering both the Polish lads are young and have come from a lower standard league , I thought both played really well and showed they will be good additions to our squad .
I thought the 6 was a little naive at times, but so was Burn so no harm done to his development.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Burn a 3 is more than harsh, what else did he do wrong apart from get caught wrong side when the entire team had switched off?.

- very nearly scored an own goal, with a clumsy uncontrolled shank off his knee.

- somehow lost the ball under his own feet, then passed it straight to an unmarked opposition player, to score the winner (before being reprieved by an earlier marginal offside)

You did ask.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Zequiri looks a real find,... lovely finish...

Both Polish lads look like they just need some minutes, but look steady in terms of potential.

Tau needs to play,.. you can see his distribution is decent, but the pace of ball and thought is off at the moment, that will cone with a two or three game run.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It’s Unfair to pick out an individual to blame for their goal.
It was laughable defending (or not in this case) from most of the team!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
6 - average

Walton 5 - Had nothing to do all game, then his decision in the 94th minute, choosing not to step forward and collect a simple uncontested catch, cost us the game.
White 7 - decent showing. His pace rescued us at least once.
Dunk 7 - Lewis Dunk
Burn 4 - what a contrast to Liverpool. Asleep for the goal. Tried to score a clumsy OG. Gifted them another goal, fortunately ruled out for an earlier offside.
Karbo 7.5 - very promising debut. Looks ready to start. Which is good, considering the above.
Gross 6 - looked tired. very surprised he played the whole game. Doubt we'll see him on Saturday.
Lallana 7.5 - Class. Lallana off / Madison on, completely shifted the balance of the game.
Moder 6.5 - unspectacular, but solid. Looks a decent addition.
Alzate 7 - very gifted young man. Does a good job anywhere. Great composure.
Tau 5.5 - oh, how we all wish Percy was amazing. He's not. Shame
Zeqiri 6.5 - not ready, but now showing some genuine promise. Works hard, and put in a good shift even ending the game at left wing back.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Burn's "Rabona" assist for their disallowed goal was a thing of beauty. I was still laughing when the ball hit the back of the net. I know he almost had another comedy own goal as well but he was alright other than that. He wasn't a 3

Percy Tau was a 3 though.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
6 - average

Walton 5 - Had nothing to do all game, then his decision in the 94th minute, choosing not to step forward and collect a simple uncontested catch, cost us the game.
White 7 - decent showing. His pace rescued us at least once.
Dunk 7 - Lewis Dunk
Burn 4 - what a contrast to Liverpool. Asleep for the goal. Tried to score a clumsy OG. Gifted them another goal, fortunately ruled out for an earlier offside.
Karbo 7.5 - very promising debut. Looks ready to start. Which is good, considering the above.
Gross 6 - looked tired. very surprised he played the whole game. Doubt we'll see him on Saturday.
Lallana 7.5 - Class. Lallana off / Madison on, completely shifted the balance of the game.
Moder 6.5 - unspectacular, but solid. Looks a decent addition.
Alzate 7 - very gifted young man. Does a good job anywhere. Great composure.
Tau 5.5 - oh, how we all wish Percy was amazing. He's not. Shame
Zeqiri 6.5 - not ready, but now showing some genuine promise. Works hard, and put in a good shift even ending the game at left wing back.

Spot on. Without Lallana we lost all control of the game that we had before. And Maddison was brilliant when he came on, the way he kept the ball in tight spaces and moved it forward, creating space for himself and others was really impressive. He won them the game in the last few minutes driving them forward.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Burn's "Rabona" assist for their disallowed goal was a thing of beauty. I was still laughing when the ball hit the back of the net. I know he almost had another comedy own goal as well but he was alright other than that. He wasn't a 3

Percy Tau was a 3 though.

Together with switching off at the end, you've highlighted how his actions could have led to THREE goals conceded, in a tight game.

'Alright other than that' is a bit irrelevant.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Giving Burn a 10 to counter some of the stupid scores above :whistle:

I always give Burn credit when due, he was my MOTM verses Liverpool. But negative scores are not completely unfair here. At least 3 huge mistakes from memory. 1) Switched off for the disallowed goal, had no idea where the ball was and had a massive ricochet of his boot to set up the chance, luckily it was just offside. 2) First half he played a pass under no pressure across the back line (bread and butter for a CB) and it was over hit and between both Dunk and White. 3) For the goal he does switch off, as do the whole team, but you have to be aware of players around you.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The situation with Burn is similar to where we were with Maty Ryan a few months ago.

In every one of the situations for which he is being criticised you can offer a plausible defence, but taken all together it's impossible to ignore the feeling that they can't all be bad luck. Both great people to have around, and some undeniable good performances, but not quite with the consistency needed to get us to the next level

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Didnt see the game so no scores of my own but here is Whoscored/Sofascore:

Whoscored

Walton 6.3

White 7.0
Dunk 6.7
Burn 7.0

Karbownik 6.3
Gross 6.3