Robinson 5
Thomson 8
El-Abd 7
Cox 7

Murray 8
Forster 8

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kuipers - 6 - one good save, almost cost us goals with his kicking and parry though
Richards - 6 - varied. Great ball up the line to set Cox free for the 3rd though
Whing 7 - particularly handy going forward, solit defensively
Elphick - 7 - came alive in the second half, throwing himself into everything
Butters - 8 - won everything in the air, scored - probably his best game this season, although we'll ignore the way he was sidestepped during an attack in the second half:D
Robinson - 6 - a quiet start, was getting into things though before being subbed
Thomson - 8 - really got stuck, looked decent
El-Abd - 7 - pretty good game actually, but i wouldn't want him there every week
Cox - 7 - Corners improved, some good running - probably could have scored
Murray - 9 - third goal was UNBELIEVABLE. Has a brain, skills, a good touch - the works. Well done Barry Lloyd.
Forster - 8 - ran his arse off. Unbelievable pace for a 34 year old. Deserved a goal.

Martot - 5 - that's being generous, in view of the fact that he only played half an hour. Still did bugger all though

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Kuipers 6

Whing 6
Butters 8
Elphick 6
Richards 6

Robinson 5
Thomson 8
El Abd 6
Cox 7

Forster 8
Murray 9

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Kuipers 6 - Really good save in the first half. Pretty solid apart form that near moment of madness!

Whing 7 - Good forward well, and put in some decent crosses
Butters 7 - Solid performance, and good to see he can still cut it at this level. Only his pace lets him down.
Elphick 6 - Such a mature head on young shouders, a great player. Did his job with minimal fuss today.
Richards 5 - Not at his best, he was mugged a few times, and struggled to pass to feet.

Robinson 5 - Disappointed with Jakey, he didnt look as if he wanted to play at all. Really poor.
Thomson 8 - Tocuh of class in the centre of the park, he looks to be a fantastic signing.
El Abd 6 - I thought he did a good job today, bearing in mind he was out of position.
Cox 7 - Much better from Cox especially in the first half, he looked hungry for every ball, and his set pieces were spot on.

Forster 7 - Worked his socks off today, deserved a pen and probably a goal too.
Murray 8 - Just what we've been looking for, and what a finish for his 2nd...Superb.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kuipers--6
Whing---7
Butters--8
Elphick---7
Richards-5
Jake------6
Thomson-8
El Abd-----7
Cox-------7
Forster----7
Murray----8

Ref---7
Fans-3

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Kuipers 6 - So, so came for crosses, not tested thow.
Whing 7 - Solid and looked to get forward.
Butters 7 - Solid performance looked short of pace a few times,
Elphick 6 - Did Ok.
Richards 5.5 - Distribution poor today
Robinson 4 - Does'nt Keep shape and does not help defensively enough and very poor control, Blue Square South im afraid.
Thomson 8 - Looked composed and ran the midfield.
El Abd 7 - Solid.
Cox 7 - Made good use of the ball today.
Forster 7 - Everything but a goal.
Murray 8 - A natural goal scorer, if he can play with the same composure and assurance against better oposition then we have a real star in the camp.

Martot 6 - Did ok.

Dean Wilkins 7 - Should have given McFaul at least 10 mins against this opposition.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
??? so is an average performance 5 or 6 then

I refer you to a protocol I suggested a few months back - http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?t=116147

If we can agree what a "five" means, we can then debate whether a player was in fact worth a five or a six and not what a five means!

As a reminder to those that didn't jot it down or have the protocol turned into an all over body tattoo:

Player Rating:

10 - outstanding contribution throughout the game, best player on the pitch by some margin, outstanding skills (given the division) and performance could not be improved upon.

9 - magnificent game, stand out performance. Player at the top of his game.

8 - influential performance at a high standard throughout the match.

7 - telling performance with noteworthy spells.

6 - steady match. As you would expect, but only occasionally more than that.

5 - failed to contribute noticeably. No obvious or critical lapses.

4 - performed below par and made some notable errors during the game.

3 - poor game with critical lapses and overall lack of contribution.

2 - very poor game. Major errors and no redeeming play.

1 - extremely poor game. An all time bad performance littered with errors and some major mistakes.

0 - a stinker of a game. Not only failed to contribute at all and made numerous catastrophic errors, but would have been better to have no player at all.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Murray - 9 - third goal was UNBELIEVABLE. Has a brain, skills, a good touch - the works. Well done Barry Lloyd.
:jester:

At least you're consistent. :lol:

Kuipers - 6 Decent enough one silly moment, almost doing a Ben Roberts trying to take a player on rather than boot it. One good save and took pretty much every corner Crewe had (partly because they were bad corners but it still has to be done...)

Whing - 7 Good performance, solid as ever and bombed forward effectively.
Butters - 8 A typical Butters performance at the back, up from 7 for a goal and an assist :clap2: Been a while since he scored so I guess he was due.
Elphick - 7 Very solid, did really well when one on one with striker.
Richards - 6 Distribution could've been better, gave the ball away a few times leading to chances for Crewe. Did better second half.

Robinson - 4 Just didn't get into the game at all.
Thompson - 7 Looks to have a bit of everything, makes tackles, composed on the ball, and showed a bit of an eye for an opening. A talker as well which is good, as long as the players understand him!
El-Abd - 7 Solid performance proving he can do a midfield job when required, got stuck in but seems to have more control now, got around the pitch providing defensive cover and gave the ball simply.
Cox - 7 A lot of chanced came from him given how 'predictable' he apparently is :) Putting in good corners more consistently now.

Forster - 8 Should have had a penalty, and one unlucky offside, played really well though and it won't be long before he is scoring again.
Murray - 9 Reminiscent of Zamora in several ways. Has a similar build and gait, when he ghosted past a Crewe defender in the box it was like going back in time (until the finish :blush: ). Not saying he is as good as Zamora or getting too ahead of myself, but he showed so much class, lovely touch, a bit of pace, a poachers goal and a superb finish, good in the air as well. It augers well. Him and Forster could be a partnership the likes of which he haven't had for many years, we've had good individual strikers but this pair look really classy and I can't wait to see more of them together.

Shoreham Seagull

Dec 9, 2007
Kuipers 7 - solid enough, took some crosses well - good distribution for the third.
Whing 7 - got stuck in and forward when he could
Richards 6 - some of his passing was wayward but defensively ok
El-Abd 7 - did surprisingly well alongside Thomson, dare I say accomplished?
Elphick 7 - usual sturdy performance
Butters 7 - worth his recall and a goal to boot!
Cox 7 - got himself involved and looked lively for an hour - influence subsided a little after then
Murray 9 - well taken goals and excellent all round display
Forster 8 - led from the front again - just needs a goal to cap displays like these
Thomson 8 - ran the midfield from start to finish and has a more discernable influence than Hammond
Robinson 6 - flattered to deceive; good opportunities to create but there was never an end product

Martot 7 - tried to get involved but Albion were comfortable by the time he came on
Gatting n/a - seemed to get in Fozzie's way when he came on
McFaul n/a - his first touch in an Albion shirt will live long in the memory!
Wilkins 9 - did well motivating the troops after a topsy-turvy week

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
??? so is an average performance 5 or 6 then

He explained it to me last month when we were debating his 'marking system'.

Basically if you just do your job, nothing more or less, you get 5 from him.

Unless its Michel who gets a 6.

Or Hammond who gets a 3.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Are you seriously suggesting that Wilkins had NOTHING to do with Murray being signed?

Yes, yes i am.

Don't blame me for the shambolic running of the club when it comes to transfers!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, yes i am.

Don't blame me for the shambolic running of the club when it comes to transfers!

You are seriously suggesting that Wilkins has no say in the transfer of players?

We had to him promote to first team coach to stop him leaving for a role under Mickey Adams at Coventry. He could walk into a job managing a youth set up very easily given his track record. Lets face it if he wasn't involved in transfers he'd have been gone ages ago knowing a decent job developing young players would easily be in the bag for him.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You are seriously suggesting that Wilkins has no say in the transfer of players?

We had to him promote to first team coach to stop him leaving for a role under Mickey Adams at Coventry. He could walk into a job managing a youth set up very easily given his track record. Lets face it if he wasn't involved in transfers he'd have been gone ages ago knowing a decent job developing young players would easily be in the bag for him.

Not neccessarily all transfers, but this particular one

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
And what evidence are you basing this on?

lycopene_tomato.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here