Bennett -6 .. Steady

Holla - 5 .. Never got going
Ince - 8 .. Best player on the pitch
JFC - 5 .. Never got into the match
Baldock - 6 .. Why play a striker as a winger .. done ok
March - 6 .. Not as bad as some are saying

CMS - 6 .. kept them on their toes should have scored but done well

Halford - 6 .. Should be starting
O'Grady - 7 .. Seems a yard faster, a full game could have seen a different result
Colunga - 6 .. some nice touches

All in all unlucky defeat, not as bad as some are saying, thought with 10-men we were the better team. Keep playing like that and we will be Ok.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Stockdale 7

Calderon 6
Greer 5
Dunk 4
Bennett 6

Holla 5
Ince 7.5 MOTM

Baldock 5.5
JFC 5
March 5

CMS 5

O'Grady 6
Colunga 6
Halford 5

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 7 .. he seems to be getting better every game
Calderon - 5 .. The weak link at the back for me
Greer - 6 .. Not a great deal to do in all honesty
Dunk - 5 .. Moment of madness, looked ok up to that point
Bennett -6 .. Steady

Holla - 5 .. Never got going
Ince - 8 .. Best player on the pitch
JFC - 5 .. Never got into the match
Baldock - 6 .. Why play a striker as a winger .. done ok
March - 6 .. Not as bad as some are saying

CMS - 6 .. kept them on their toes should have scored but done well

Halford - 6 .. Should be starting
O'Grady - 7 .. Seems a yard faster, a full game could have seen a different result
Colunga - 6 .. some nice touches

All in all unlucky defeat, not as bad as some are saying, thought with 10-men we were the better team. Keep playing like that and we will be Ok.

This for me too.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Stockdale 8 Getibg increasingly better!
Bennett 6 Played okay
Greer 4 Wasn't up to stabdard today
Dunk 4 Sending off gave us no chance to get back into the game. Silly
Calderon 5 His mistake resulted in their goal, and he missed a chance.
Ince 8 played extreamly well, keep him playing each week!
Holla 5 poor freekkicks and corners
March 3 wasn't good today, which is a shame after his good premormances recently
JFC 5 pedestrian performance in his more preferred role
Baldock 5 Didn't look like a winger, didn't play like one
CMS 5 Playing him on his own isn't going to work, we've known for 4 years. Did what he could, but doesn't have the attributes to be a lone striker.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Stockdale - 8 No chance with the goal, smart saves, was one of the few who looked to get the ball forward quickly without lumping it.
Calderon - 4 Occasionally dangerous going forward but an absolute liability defensively. Hasn't got the legs and was caught out of position too much
Greer - 4 Poor, wasn't helped by having to fill in for Calderon going AWOL but looked terrible when he had to. Distribution was either excruciatingly slow or lumped forward
Dunk - 5 Brought the ball out well, won the ariell battle, defended well but let his teammates down badly with that sending off.
Bennett - 6 Rarely troubled, showed less desire to get forward than I'm used to.
Ince - 8 Excellent performance, strong in position, rarely wasted the ball, contributed going forward.
Holla - 5 Too ponderous, held us from counter attacking at times. However, his mere presence seems to give Ince more assurance
JFC - 5 Worked hard, some nice passing but never looked like unlocking the door after the first 20 minutes
March - 4 Started brightly, faded badly. Wasn't really his day, nothing he did came off
Baldock - 4 Works hard but is being played out of position. Would have liked to see him and CMS swap a bit.
CMS - 4 Two things avoided a 3 for me. There was one off the ball run he did in the box inviting March to lay it back to him that would likely have resulted in a goal, I don't know how March didn't see him. Secondly, was very brave to come back on with an injury that looked very uncomfortable. Aside from that, the usual array of awful first touches, being offside and hesitant finishing.

I found that pretty worrying. 3 holes that need filling - Right back, an experienced midfielder and a goalscorer.

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Stockdale - 7
Nothing he could have done with the goal and made a couple of decent saves but his distribution is so poor at times.

Calderon - 5
I love Calde as much everyone else but he wasn't at his best today. Very shaky at the back.

Greer - 2
He's no longer good enough IMHO. His constant Gerrardesq passes work once in a blue moon and he's becoming slower and more mistake prone every week.

Dunk - 2
He was well on his way to a 7/10 until he decided to act like an idiot. Don't care how soft it was, if you raise your hands to another player like that then you'll get booked.

Bennett - 6.
Solid but unspectacular.

Ince - 8 MoM
One of the players who sum up how useless Hyypia was. Rarely played and now he's had a run of games he's looked even better than he did last season.

Holla - 5
Didn't do anything too wrong but wasted a couple of chances and passing was wayward at times

JFC - 6
See Bennett. Still the best he's played in a while.

March - 8/1
8/10 if you ignore his woeful final ball. 1/10 if you go by his final ball and decision making.

CMS - 2.
Bless him, he tries hard. Sadly he doesn't have any of the technical abilities that a Championship quality striker requires.

Baldock - 3
See CMS. An extra point for playing out of position and not missing a sitter.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Not done this for a while

Stockdale -7 some good stops
Calderon - 7 drove forward, shame other players didnt follow his lead
Dunk - 3 stupid stupid second yellow, 11 v 11 in the second half and we might have nicked a point
Greer - 5 Brentford very strong going forward and other than the goal and when we threw all up front didn't really let then have clear cut chances
Bennett -6 had more defending to do which stopped him getting forward
Ince - 8 my MOTM
Holla - 4 out of the game for long periods and didnt step up after Ince had run himself into the ground
March - 4 when we are breaking quickly he keeps putting teh breaks on and we lose the impetus
JFC - 5 poor corners, but composed when he has the ball
Baldock - 4 must be frustrated at being stuck out on the wing when he scored so many last season up front for Bristol City
CMS - 3 runs and runs but NO end result. Should have buried the chance second half

Colunga - 6 quality when he is involved, still a little lightweight but posed Brentford problems
O'Grady - 5 no great impact but involved in a couple of good moves
Halford - 5 as above

Overall we were asleep for the first 45 minutes, battled well 2nd half but Dunks stupidity cost us the chance of a point

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Stockdale - 8 A goalkeeper well in control of his area: some good saves and excellent distribution
Calderon - 4 We all love Calde but he had a poor game. Had a hand in giving away a goal and could have lost us another
Greer - 3 Also had a hand in their goal, is getting found out for pace
Dunk - 1 Was doing OK but the red card was a shocker. We're in a relegation fight and should have no time for players acting like petulant kids
Bennett -7 Decent game: good to see that he can defend
Ince - 8.5 Streets ahead of anyone else in the team, scarcely put a foot wrong until the end. Seemed to be everywhere today
Holla - 6 Surprised to see the poor ratings. Thought he worked hard, put himself about and always seemed to involved
March - 4 Too slow and always wanted that extra touch
JFC - 6 A decent game: some nice touches
Baldock - 3 Looked hopelessly lost out on the wing: play him striker or don't play him
CMS - 2 Totally bereft of confidence in front of goal and poor first touch, but he did win Best of Show in golden retriever class

Subs
Halford - 6 Can't fault his commitment, seemed to everywhere at the end
Colunga - 7 Rate him much higher than most on here. Did more in 15 minutes than Baldock did in an hour, always looking to create something
O'Grady - 6 Got involved: actually looks like a striker

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Stockdale - 7 No chance with the goal.
Calderon - 7
Dunk - 1 Stupid getting sent off. Wasn't particularly good before that. We were lucky not to concede earlier when Dunk allowed one of their players a free header in the 6 yard box.
Greer - 6
Bennett - 7 Coped well against a good winger.
Holla - 6
Ince - 9 Outstanding today. Bossed the midfield.
March - 5 Never looked dangerous.
JFC - 5 Anonymous for most of the game. He didn't get into the opposition's box enough.
Baldock - 5 He's not a winger.
CMS - 5 Looked good at times but should have scored. Having to try to win the ball against two big centre backs made his day harder. I'd like to see him play with O'Grady so he has a big man to play off.

Subs
Halford - 6 A couple of good long throws.
Colunga - 6
O'Grady - 6 He was not on long enough. Held the ball up well and did some good creative passes. I would like to see him start on Wednesday.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stockdale -8- influential in keeping the score down
Calde -4.5 failed three times and cannot block crosses like Bruno. Aerially quite good and interceptions more than adequate, ball winning a few time.
Greer -7 interceptions were good
Dunk -6 don't blame him for the second booking, just one of those things
Bennett - 7- had an easy afternoon as Brentford attacked down the right
Ince -8.5- influential and we would have got steamrolled without him, MOM
Holla -7 not bad
JFC -6.5- difficult game for him
Solly March -6.5- good on the ball
Baldock -4 did quite a lot, none of it any good though
CMS -5- missed a good chance and ran around a lot

Colunga -7- looked better than Baldock
Halford -5- not impressed at all
O'Grady - 6- played quite intelligently to no effect

Referee 3

Linesman 3

Hughton, Tactics 7 team selection 2

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 7.5 Becoming Mr Reliable and some great distribution today

Calderon - 5 - poor game in the main
Greer - 6 - ok
Dunk - 3 - idiotic second yellow
Bennett - 6.5 - decent game against a fast winger

Holla - 5.5 - slipped from recent form
Ince - 8.5 - immense today, MOM by a country mile
JFC - 5 - anonymous
Baldock - 5 - out of position, ineffective
March - 6.5 - though he did well first half with some nice stuff but faded badly second

CMS - 4.5 - lots of effort, most of it wasted but some sympathy as he's never going to succeed with the ball lumped to him against 2 central defenders. Missed a golden chance to score. Hope his injury isn't too bad for his sake.

Halford - 6 - looks class on the ball
O'Grady - 7 - should be starting, better than Balders and CMS
Colunga - 6.5 - should be starting, better than Balders and CMS

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Greer had an absolute mare v Brentford, not only did he give Calderon a terrible short pass, after Calderon had firstly shaped for the ball over their defender, he then took up the wrong defensive position against a player who all game had him beat for pace and this lead to the goal. He's another one of several who are just too slow at this level and need to be replaced, also what have we been doing in the last week on the training pitches cause inthe 1st half we looked knacked.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Ince 8

Baldock 3 (Total nonsense this obsessive 'poor boy, played out of position excuse' ....he's out of his depth, lightweight & ineffectual at this level wherever he plays)

Rest 6.5

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Stockdale - 8 A goalkeeper well in control of his area: some good saves and excellent distribution
Calderon - 4 We all love Calde but he had a poor game. Had a hand in giving away a goal and could have lost us another
Greer - 3 Also had a hand in their goal, is getting found out for pace
Dunk - 1 Was doing OK but the red card was a shocker. We're in a relegation fight and should have no time for players acting like petulant kids
Bennett -7 Decent game: good to see that he can defend
Ince - 8.5 Streets ahead of anyone else in the team, scarcely put a foot wrong until the end. Seemed to be everywhere today
Holla - 6 Surprised to see the poor ratings. Thought he worked hard, put himself about and always seemed to involved
March - 4 Too slow and always wanted that extra touch
JFC - 6 A decent game: some nice touches
Baldock - 3 Looked hopelessly lost out on the wing: play him striker or don't play him
CMS - 2 Totally bereft of confidence in front of goal and poor first touch, but he did win Best of Show in golden retriever class

Subs
Halford - 6 Can't fault his commitment, seemed to everywhere at the end
Colunga - 7 Rate him much higher than most on here. Did more in 15 minutes than Baldock did in an hour, always looking to create something
O'Grady - 6 Got involved: actually looks like a striker[/QUOTE]

Probably why he is being sold then :(

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I thought we were a bit like Triggers Broom, new handle but same brush. Better organised just the same rubbish in a neater pile.

Baldock is not a wide player, yes Calde had loads of the ball in advanced positions but he is not a winger and his decision making was poor. Holla had a 20 minute period where he kept on giving the ball away. March showed glimpses of what a great talent he is just needs to work on his other foot. Centre Halves both look exposed to pace (same at Brentford away in the league).

On a plus Stockdale is starting to look like a great investment and Ince is looking like a top class player. JFC looks better in the advanced role but has nothing in front of him to make any telling passes.

The next two weeks will be interesting on and off the pitch.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not one for doing a rating, but I'll give a few thoughts

Stockdale - 8 solid again, couldn't do anything about the goal due to the wicked deflection
Calderon - 6 Got forward a lot again, could perhaps have done better when he shot from inside the box
Greer - 7 Caught out on a couple of occasions, seemed to struggle today. Balls behind the fullback that force Greer wide are the way to hurt this team.
Dunk - 4 Was doing fine until the soft but stupid second yellow
Bennett - 6 Caught in possession a couple of times but provided an outlet. Quick feet meant he got away from trouble under pressure more than once
Ince - 8 MoM Looked strong going in both directions and rightly giving MoM
Holla - 5 Unusually sloppy in a quiet performance from the experienced midfielder. Unlucky not to score
Forster-Caskey - 5 Got around the pitch a lot but without much impact. I'd rather see March as the central attacker once LuaLua is back. Went off injured early in second half.
March - 6 Looked lively and had a few shots from distance. Good defensive covering. Challenging for MoM before making way for Halford after sending off.
Baldock - 4 Minimal impact on game but he's being played out of position.
CMS - 4 A lot of running but few chances. Same old story. Had best chance on volley early in second half but shot straight at keeper.

Subs:
Colunga - 7 Looked more effective on left than Baldock although final ball slightly lacking
Halford - 7 Solid at the back, battering ram up front. Everytime he dribbles past an attacker it is a heart-in-mouth moment
O'Grady - 6 Provided a focal point for the team when a man down but not much joy in terms of receiving the ball to keep it or in terms of getting chances to shoot

Agree with your comments, but added some scores.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bruno !

I thought we were a bit like Triggers Broom, new handle but same brush. Better organised just the same rubbish in a neater pile.

Baldock is not a wide player, yes Calde had loads of the ball in advanced positions but he is not a winger and his decision making was poor. .

I don't agree with this. Calderon is not a full back. On that performance he is a better winger than Baldock. His one attempt at a shot was better than Baldock's four attempts as well. I thought his decision making was OK. Calderon is just incapable of blocking crosses like Bruno.

Just hope Bruno is fit enough to play against Arsenal or else it could be embarrassing.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Not keen on the concept of player ratings. There were only two players who could have been MoM though. Ince for me ahead of Stockdale. Plenty of players who struggled. Lets just say that Solly March is much more effective as a sub......surely he's young enough to do something about his lack of a right foot.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't agree with this. Calderon is not a full back. On that performance he is a better winger than Baldock. His one attempt at a shot was better than Baldock's four attempts as well. I thought his decision making was OK. Calderon is just incapable of blocking crosses like Bruno.

Just hope Bruno is fit enough to play against Arsenal or else it could be embarrassing.
Bruno blocking crosses, a concept I've not seen often. And I don't miss many games away and ever present at home. They are as bad as each other in that respect.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Stockdale - 7 No chance with the goal.
Calderon - 7
Dunk - 1 Stupid getting sent off. Wasn't particularly good before that. We were lucky not to concede earlier when Dunk allowed one of their players a free header in the 6 yard box.
Greer - 6
Bennett - 7 Coped well against a good winger.
Holla - 6
Ince - 9 Outstanding today. Bossed the midfield.
March - 5 Never looked dangerous.
JFC - 5 Anonymous for most of the game. He didn't get into the opposition's box enough.
Baldock - 5 He's not a winger.
CMS - 5 Looked good at times but should have scored. Having to try to win the ball against two big centre backs made his day harder. I'd like to see him play with O'Grady so he has a big man to play off.

Subs
Halford - 6 A couple of good long throws.
Colunga - 6
O'Grady - 6 He was not on long enough. Held the ball up well and did some good creative passes. I would like to see him start on Wednesday.

Yep, agree with those ratings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here