Vicente-8
CMS-5

Lua Lua 7
Vokes 6
Assulin 6

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Gary Dicker People disagree, but first half especially, he was playing balls all over the place.
:

I'd agree with that, but not in a good way.

I think Navarro and El-Abd were both brilliant. Vicente and Brez both played well, everyone all did ok and not great apart from Reyes who looked hopelessly out of position and Dicker who looked plain hopeless.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Brezovan 7
Calderon 6
Greer 7
El-Abd 8
Reyes 5
Buckley 7
Navarro 8
Dicker 7
Vicente 8
Barnes 7
CMS 6

KLL 5
Vokes 6
Assulin 6

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Brezovan-6
Calderon-6
Greer-7
El-Abd-8 MOM
Reyes-5
Buckley-6
Navarro-7
Dicker-6
ViNcente-8
CMS-4
Barnes-7

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Brezovan- 6
Calderon-6
Greer-7
El-Abd-9
Reyes-5
Buckley-6
Barnes-8
Navarro-9
Dicker-6 (looked Knackered)
Vicente-7
CMS-3

Lua Lua 6
Vokes 6
Assulin 6

Stumpy Tim

Brezovan - 7. Did everything well, including one superlative save. Still nervous at corners, though Reading's delivery was top class
Calderon - 8. Back to his best
Greer -7. Struggled with Roberts, and swapped him with El Abd
El-Abd - 8. Fabulous effort against Roberts who is a human ox
Reyes - 6. Not as bad as some people say, but out of position & his delivery often showed this
Buckley - 6.5. Reading played our wingers very well. Buckers didn't get much of a look in
Navarro - 9. MOM. His best performance in a Brighton shirt (that I've seen). Tremendous performance
Dicker - 7. Should have been subbed as he was plain knackered. Nice to see him back and he's still good on the ball
Vicente - 8.5. Absolute genius on the ball. MOM if he had scored. Every time he put the ball in the box we had a chance. Why did he stop taking free-kicks towards the end?
CMS - 4. Woeful. Can't control a football, didn't anticipate any balls that people keep saying he needs. We would have won with a different forward in my opinion.
Barnes - 7. Decenet game... should have started the second half up front with Lua Lua on the left and CMS off the pitch

KLL - 6.5. Strangely he's not going to be too effective if we boot it at this head from 20 yards. Looked dangerous when he got the ball to his feet
Vokes - 6. Too late to get into the game
Assulin - 6. Too late to get into the game

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Thought Reading were a very professional side, who would have been happy with a point last night judging by their time wasting from the first whistle. At the end of the day we are predominantly a side with predominantly League One experienced players, and have had a fantastic season. If only we could've got a canny old horse like Roberts or Phillips this season....

Brez-7 Some good saves, poor distribution generally though. I really like him as a man and player, but he lacks the confidence in his own game that is necessary to be a really top player. Will need replacing in the summer.
Calde- 8 Didn't see much of him going forward, but did a great defensive job on McAnuff, as I'm sure Poyet requested. Really impressed since back in the team, good enough at this level.
GG-6 Not his best game, thought he looked slow on the turn and never the same player once booked. Great season so far though.
El-Abd-10 MOM, when he was booked I felt sure we'd see him walk at some point. But did superbly to keep the physical battle going with Roberts and marshall the defence in the absence of Greer who was pushing forward quite a bit. He is the reason for our turn of form in 2012. Absolute man mountain.
Jara-5 poor, just doesn't seem to have the commitment and desire in this second spell on loan.
Navs- 8 very good. Is improving every game, and even got a shot on target!! Probably not going to be quite good enough for the next level though.
Dicker-4 Thought he was awful. Do think Poyet made an error in selecting him from the start (not withstanding sending Razzak back) with no obvious replacement on the bench. Thought he looked off the pace, miss placed passes galore and lacking in confidence. Also absolutely knackered in the last 10 mins.
Buckley-6 love Buckley generally, but thought he came up against a canny left back in Ian Harte who knew how to play him.
Vicente-9 absolute head and shoulders above anyone else in the stadium, and worth the ticket money on his own. Please stay next season!!
Barnes-6 was a bit MEH last night. Not sure what to make of him. I'm sure he does the job that Gus wants him to do. Great finisher if he doesn't have time to think about it. Was psyched out for the penalty. Surely Vicente should be on penno duty?
CMS-5 was awful, looks like he's lost a bit of pace, and for the first time his work rate seemed to have dropped slightly. I've tried to keep an open mind on him through the season, as really want him to do well for us. I'm sure he'll do well elsewhere, but time to cut our losses, it just hasn't worked out and he's playing like he knows that! Was still the last player off the pitch last night though!!

Subs:
KLL-6 they doubled up on him. Thought McDermott did his homework on all our creative players aside from Vicente who was/is unplayable at this level.
Vokes-5 poor. Back to Wolves please.
Assulin-6 runs like Messi. Nothing else to say as he didn't really touch the ball. Can't see where he naturally fits into the side.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Brezovan- 7 solid enough in the face of harte's great crossing all game
Calderon-7 played well
Greer-6 sloppy passing, good defending
El-Abd-9 awesome, was wondering if he would end up sent off battling with roberts tho
Reyes-5 didnt look comfortable at left back at all
Buckley-6 when we needed someone to take on the fullback he didnt, he was our only winger so needed to have a go
Barnes-8 worked hard
Navarro-8 broke up play pretty well and made a couple of decent forward runs
Dicker-6 looked like he wanted a 1/2 seconds longer than you get on the ball at this level, will improve with games
Vicente-8 has a knack of just turning away from tackles, was given the ball a bit too often maybe?
CMS-6 not his best game but not all his fault...wasnt supplied with either quality balls into his feet or over the top. Reading gave us a lesson in playing the ball up to roberts, they played it firmly into his feet or into areas he had a chance of beating the defenders to

Lua Lua 7 - when we managed to manufacture an opening for him to run at the fullback he beat him, we need to be a bit more clever about getting the ball to him tho...alot of long cross field passes to him meant he had 2 defenders in place by the time he got the ball under control.
Vokes 6 - looks slow to react to bits and pieces that may fall to him in the box
Assulin 6 - didnt see much of him

Last edited:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Brezovan - 7. Did everything well, including one superlative save. Still nervous at corners, though Reading's delivery was top class
Calderon - 8. Back to his best
Greer -7. Struggled with Roberts, and swapped him with El Abd
El-Abd - 8. Fabulous effort against Roberts who is a human ox
Reyes - 6. Not as bad as some people say, but out of position & his delivery often showed this
Buckley - 6.5. Reading played our wingers very well. Buckers didn't get much of a look in
Navarro - 9. MOM. His best performance in a Brighton shirt (that I've seen). Tremendous performance
Dicker - 7. Should have been subbed as he was plain knackered. Nice to see him back and he's still good on the ball
Vicente - 8.5. Absolute genius on the ball. MOM if he had scored. Every time he put the ball in the box we had a chance. Why did he stop taking free-kicks towards the end?
CMS - 4. Woeful. Can't control a football, didn't anticipate any balls that people keep saying he needs. We would have won with a different forward in my opinion.
Barnes - 7. Decenet game... should have started the second half up front with Lua Lua on the left and CMS off the pitch

KLL - 6.5. Strangely he's not going to be too effective if we boot it at this head from 20 yards. Looked dangerous when he got the ball to his feet
Vokes - 6. Too late to get into the game
Assulin - 6. Too late to get into the game

It was odd as to why we kept hitting high diagonal balls to Lua Lua- not really utilizing his strength!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Vicente 7. We seem to give the ball to him too often. He was OK ... some sublime stuff, but he cannot work wonders all by himself.
:mad:
Are you nuts? 7? ok?

he is the reason why last night and the game against boro we were exciting to watch and looked like we could create something.

I think we should give the ball to him ALL THE TIME :wink:

Oh .......... and he can work wonders. He is Vicente.

Matt Richards

Jan 22, 2009
watsongooal - I am very sorry but to rate Vicente (7) lower than Barnes (8) would suggest that you (a) were not at the game last night (b) have entered the names into a random number generator to arrive at your scores (c) are Ashley Barnes or (d) are attempting to dampen Premiership clubs' attempts to lure Vicente away from us at the end of the season.

Vicente oozes class, has a touch to die for and was instrumental in absolutely everything that was good about our attacking play last night. Barnes was Reading's most effective defender last night, misplaced numerous passes, ran into brick wall after brick wall when trying to beat players and fell over on at least 2 occasions for no reason (I won't even mention the penalty). Praise Barnes' ability to get back and defend all you wish but (a) his primary responsibility is to attack, not defend (b) we would have far less defending to do if he did not give the ball away so much and (c) who needs extra defenders when AEA plays like he did last night.

If a formal apology is received I promise not make a formal protest about your post.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Brezovan -6 - made a really good save from a header but distribution was poor
Calderon - 6- solid performance
El Abd - 10 - MOTM bullied Roberts all night
Greer -4- lacked confidence. Especially opening half hour
Reyes -4- not a natural at left Back
Navarro -8- bossed the midfield. Needs bridcutt along side him
Dicker -6- not looking match fit
Vicente - 9- his first touch is quality. Unlucky shot against bar
Buckley -6- ineffectual
Barnes -8- good team contribution. Unlucky with penalty. Bound to miss one soon.
CMS -5- think he could learn a lot from Jason Roberts

Hes match fit alright - He's just reaalllyy sllloooowwww. LOL

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
watsongooal - I am very sorry but to rate Vicente (7) lower than Barnes (8) would suggest that you (a) were not at the game last night (b) have entered the names into a random number generator to arrive at your scores (c) are Ashley Barnes or (d) are attempting to dampen Premiership clubs' attempts to lure Vicente away from us at the end of the season.

Vicente oozes class, has a touch to die for and was instrumental in absolutely everything that was good about our attacking play last night. Barnes was Reading's most effective defender last night, misplaced numerous passes, ran into brick wall after brick wall when trying to beat players and fell over on at least 2 occasions for no reason (I won't even mention the penalty). Praise Barnes' ability to get back and defend all you wish but (a) his primary responsibility is to attack, not defend (b) we would have far less defending to do if he did not give the ball away so much and (c) who needs extra defenders when AEA plays like he did last night.

If a formal apology is received I promise not make a formal protest about your post.

A Vicente 7 is still better than a Barnes 8 because Vicente was better than Barnes but can do more

Barnes 8- I think played really well both in attack and defence. A Vicente 8 would be 2 assists and a 40 yard overheadkick. A Vicente 9 is 5 goals 4 assists and a cure for cancer.

Ya get me?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here