Player Ratings - Hull (A)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
CMS was very good, Bridcutt was very good and Noone was decent too.

Wouldn't single anyone out as bad mind and LuaLua had a very good game to when he came on.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
always good to get the comments/ratings from people who were actually at the game..........not quite as pissed off now,sounds like we played ok and just didn't get any luck.........hope we ruin the taffs on tuesday....:albion2:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
RM-Taylor; said:
Kuszczak - 8 - would have been 9 but his mistake in coming off the line gifted them their goal which came from nothing

Bruno - 7
Greer - 8
El-Abd - 8
Bridge - 8

Bridcutt - 8
Crofts - 8
Dicker - 7

Barnes - 7
Mackail-Smith - 9
Noone - 8

LuaLua - 6

CMS 9
Hilarious his job is only to score goals or set up others to score. He did neither therefore his rating is 0 & will be until he scores then he gets a 10

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I wasn't at the game yesterday so won't praise or criticise the players, however those CMS bashers on here need to remember he hasn't had much of a pre season due to injury.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
CMS 9
Hilarious his job is only to score goals or set up others to score. He did neither therefore his rating is 0 & will be until he scores then he gets a 10

So by that logic the whole team should get a zero, as its their job to go out there and win the football match, which yesterday they didn't ?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Kuszczak - 8. Some absolute worldly saves, but should be glad the ref played on. I'd rather lose 1-0 than draw 0-0 and have no Kuszczak for 3 games.

Bruno - 7. I must've missed this 'mistake' that led to Hull's goal, I thought his cross-field balls were very accurate - a seemingly recurring feature.
Greer - 6. Looked shaky in the first 5 minutes or so, but gradually got into his rhythm.
El-Abd - 7. PLEASE GUS, play him instead of Dunk, Adam looks much more solid and is less inclined to play hospital balls.
Bridge - 8. Showed his Premier class on several occasions, one of which was beating 2 of Hull's players whilst trapped by the corner flag.

Bridcutt - 9. Different class today, every single ball was inch perfect until the free-kick in the last minute. MOTM
Crofts - 7. Took a little while to get into the rhythm of the game, but was great in the second half.
Dicker - 8. Having a mouthful of humble pie here, I thought he was brilliant yesterday. Very strong, great vision and accurate passing.

Noone - 7. Unlucky to get booked when he did, but he might have deserved it on a later occasion. Looked a completely different player to the one who played on Tuesday night.
Barnes - 6. Not one of his best performances, but held the ball up well.
Mackail-Smith - 8. I thought he looked excellent yesterday, it was probably up there in the list of his best performances. He deserved to score on at least 1 occasion.

-----

Lualua - 7. Beat his man (or two) every time, but couldn't produce anything with his crosses.
Agdestein - n/a. No time to make an impact.

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'm not one for slating Barnes but from the highlights, it seemed to be his man that got away and set up the goal. A bit disappointing, especially as Gus always talks of the important defensive work he does.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Must confess I was surprised by the Kojak high marks too.

He was decent on most crosses but

(1) He fisted one in the first half which was about two feet high and it went straight to a Hull player
(2) He completely missed a corner in the second half, leaving an empty net, luckily Barnes cleared off the line.
(3) For the goal he brought down the attacker who crossed the ball, and it probably would have been a red card had the ref not played advantage.

Had Casper or Sexy Pete made the same errors they would have been slaughtered.

Don't get me wrong, I rate him, and my dog walking chum Eric Steele says we have bought an excellent player, but yesterday wasn't a performance to warrant so many high marks.........IMO of course!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
"Just wouldn't go for him". What tosh. Game after game, it is entirely up to him to tuck it away, he can't, and he hasn't the class at Championship level to do it. Nowt to do with luck.

Nah you are wrong our hole squad is shit other than McSmudger who should be in the Premier league,if we had a decent midfield he would score a hat tric every game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Surprised people are giving kojack such high marks. He made some.good saves but his distribution was szhoczking (sic.)

Must confess I was surprised by the Kojak high marks too.

He was decent on most crosses but

(1) He fisted one in the first half which was about two feet high and it went straight to a Hull player
(2) He completely missed a corner in the second half, leaving an empty net, luckily Barnes cleared off the line.
(3) For the goal he brought down the attacker who crossed the ball, and it probably would have been a red card had the ref not played advantage.

Had Casper or Sexy Pete made the same errors they would have been slaughtered.

Don't get me wrong, I rate him, and my dog walking chum Eric Steele says we have bought an excellent player, but yesterday wasn't a performance to warrant so many high marks.........IMO of course!

I don't think you can call kuszczak 'kojak'. It's too confusing for me, I think 'kojak' I think 'bald', I then think 'Bruno'. I was reading this and wondered if there had been two red card fouls in the build up to the goal before remembering you meant the keeper.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It was also good to see CMS battle for the ball from the Hull defenders winning back possession and having another shot at goal. KLL terrified them and two of them couldn't stop him getting his crosses in. Noone should never have been booked and Hull were trying hard to get him a 2nd yellow which is why Gus subbed him off as quickly as possible.

Kuszczak 8 a couple of good saves altho a couple of kicks went out
Bruno 8 had a good game
El Abd 6 did tend to use the right side when distributing in the first half when Bridge was in acres of space but better 2nd half
Greer 6 solid but a couple of wayward passes
Bridge 7 got down the line, defended well especially one sublime pass when cornered by 2 Hull players, got free and sent it straight down the line
Crofts 6 should have done better with a shot that he had, but maybe not match fit ie sharpness
Bridcutt 7 the useful stuff from him that we expect
Barnes 6 should have put his shots away and he knows it
Noone 7 was targeted by Hull including a nasty foul ignored by the ref but spotted by the linesman. His final ball was much better today
CMS 8 worked hard, tackled, positioning was great and it just didn't happen for him today but it will

LuaLua 8 terrified the Hull defence and made things happen

Dicker?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I firmly believe it is more down to confidence than anything else... For CMS (and to a certain extent Noone) they played very well and were high on confidence up to the Palace game - people seem to forget that, then it all went downhill for CMS and Noone in a big way, the confidence drained from them completely that night and hasn't really returned.

A fully fit and confident CMS will score 20 goals a season at this level, I have no doubt. No one can be criticising him after his performance today (which certainly wasn't headless chicken, made intelligent runs, and created some of his own chances) - a confident CMS would have had a hat-trick and wouldn't have snatched at the chances.

The trouble with CMS and almost since he joined BHAFC it is ALWAYS, IF he had done this, IF he had done that, IF he did not miss when he should have scored, IF he did not snatch at the chance and that is CMS all round. If he is to score 20 goals he will need 100 good chances this season to do this as he puts away 1 in 5 good chance, at best. He is the striking equivalent of Jonny Crumplin. We all love him as he tries really hard but at the end of the day he is just not very good, certainly at this level. A decent league one striker.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
The trouble with CMS and almost since he joined BHAFC it is ALWAYS, IF he had done this, IF he had done that, IF he did not miss when he should have scored, IF he did not snatch at the chance and that is CMS all round. If he is to score 20 goals he will need 100 good chances this season to do this as he puts away 1 in 5 good chance, at best. He is the striking equivalent of Jonny Crumplin. We all love him as he tries really hard but at the end of the day he is just not very good, certainly at this level. A decent league one striker.

You know US you are right, IF he hadn't have scored against Sunderland we wouldn't have had the Liverpool game, and the money that brought.

IF he hadn't have scored against Pompey, Leeds twice, Derby then we would have had 6 less points (I am sure there are more, that's off the top of my head)

Brighton Gull

Apr 14, 2011
Brighton

I thought Jonny Crumplin was quite good in the end - I just hope CMS isn't at the end here. Last season he just didn't get the service. On the radio commentary yesterday it sounded better & he certainly passed the ball for others well, too. Give the guy a chance. I hope the reason was that they were all a bit rusty yesterday - so many missed chances by shooting wide. Overall on the radio, we sounded like the better team for much of the game & CMS did a lot towards that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You know US you are right, IF he hadn't have scored against Sunderland we wouldn't have had the Liverpool game, and the money that brought.

IF he hadn't have scored against Pompey, Leeds twice, Derby then we would have had 6 less points (I am sure there are more, that's off the top of my head)

You would hope a striker would contribute 6 points to a teams total over a season I would have thought.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average man of the match ratings

Bridcutt 8.00
Mackail-Smith 8.00

Bridge 7.71
Kuszczak 7.43
Noone 7.29
Bruno 7.14
El Abd 7.14
Crofts 6.71
Greer 6.71
Dicker 6.86
Barnes 6.43

Subs
Lualua 7.17
Agdestein 6.00 (only one vote, cause he was only on fora few minutes)

Team Average: 7.12

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports