Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - Fulham (a)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think the wide players gave the ball away a lot more than Stephens and Norwood but as a team we did that in the first half especially. Either way, great we got the win considering how we played. If we start playing at our best soon, we're going to hammer a couple of teams.

Will have to differ on that, they were equally culpable for me.

Fantastic win, in fact amazing given the performance. If we can now capture last seasons quality combined with the areas we've improved on this season, hopefully things will continue in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think in fairness, that is clearly Fulham's strength. They are pretty average in defence and not particularly clinical up front but they do have a good midfield who play good football. To be honest, I thought Stephens and Norwood did okay. The real worry was down the flanks, especially our left side where they got a number of crosses in and if it weren't for Stockdale, Duffy and Dunk we would have conceded more.

That's the way I saw it too. In sum, our spine was strong, if hardly scintillating especially up-front, whereas our wide areas were weak, especially in possession.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Out of interest, which three of his goals this season, are you considering his 'best goals'?

The absolute howitzer that broke the deadlock after a scoreless hour v Colchester?
The clever flicked header that got us back level away at Reading?
The delightful chip, on the run, to give us the crucial lead at Hillsborough?
The brilliant thumping header that won three points v Wolves?
The first time right foot volley that rescued the Fulham home game?
The absolute WORLDY v QPR?

Baldock's goals ALL tend to be pretty decent. they also have a habit of coming at crucial times.

Note I said best three. I meant the Wednesday, Fulham and QPR goals where to me he seemed to just make his mind up quickly. IMO when the ball comes to him from a forward pass he often miss controls or takes the ball wide/makes wrong decision. To me this takes away the impact of a lot of his running.

I don't actually sit and count chances etc I just watch the game and see what impression I get . My view is from central WSU , I am aware where you sit greatly influences opinion.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Stockdale - 8 - great penalty save and a couple other decent stops. No chance with the goal

Bong - 7 - Was exposed by our midfield but defended very well. One missed place pass and that gave everyone the ammo to moan all game.
Bruno - 6 - Not at his best, was unlucky with penalty but was a penalty.
Duffy - 8 - Very good. beast
Dunk - 8 - MOTM. Amazing again, doesn't seem to make mistakes.

Stephens -6 - Did okay but felt him and Norwood were always outnumbered
Norwood - 6 - See above
Skalak -5 - Didn't ever really get the space to get a cross in. Think he is better suited for the home games where there is more space.
Knockaert 7 - Some great dribbles but final ball/shot let him down. He still always looks like he can make things happen and did with ripping them apart just before the penalty and having the shot just before Dunk headed in.

Murray - 6 - quiet afternoon
Baldock - 7 - full of energy. Always making space.

Hemed - 7 - Ice cool penalty and some great defending headers near the end
March - 6 - didn't get the ball to often
Murphy - 6 same as march

CH - 8 - great subs again

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
SO there is still people that don't understand what Baldock brings to the team. Blimey.

He was poor Saturday like many others. Hughton actually subbed him after he was caught off-side for a 4th time, through ball watching.

A frustrating day for a number of players.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
He was poor Saturday like many others. Hughton actually subbed him after he was caught off-side for a 4th time, through ball watching.

A frustrating day for a number of players.

He was better than Murray. Has been in most away games to be honest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here