Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings for tonight from those of you that were at the game please lads....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't believe the Barnes comments. He was great when he came on. Also he didn't start the incident he got booked for!

Winchester1

Aug 27, 2012
Downtown Winchester
Great win for us and to be fare to Watford they looked the second best team thet we have played in the league this season - after Cardiff.

My big plus was watching how well we dealt with the aerial bombardment in the second half. if we can show that sort of metal especially away from home, then I think we are in for top six season. IMO.

Also - once Watford really start to click, they are going to be exciting to watch.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kuszcak 8 mom , nothing spectacular to save but his command of the 6 yard box was superb .
Saltor 7 pegged back somewhat tonight some nice play at times ive added a extra point for the 2minute sub ouch my hamstrings gone ref trudge off the pitch .
Bridge 8 some barnstorming runs but lacked a bit of support in the final third tonight , class player very lucky to have him here .
El-abd 7 steady eady performance struggled a bit early doors v iwelumo but solid as usual
Greer 7 did well in tight spots , watford did their homework on us and greer in particular they targeted as a player to close down early
Bridcutt 6 bit of a quiet one for liam looked a bit out of position at times did ok and one superb pass when we were under pressure
Hammond 6 did a job still seems a little unsure of how we are trying to play at the moment and he tended to play the harder longer ball at times
dicker 6 frustrating night for gary , played really well in patches only to see a soft pass intercepted
Buckley 7 was a handfull 1st half and was our main threat for most of the match he and bruno linking up really well
Orlandi 6 you can see he has ability and in time im sure he will come good , his corners are good but no player willing to make a late edge of the area run for them
CMS 7 typical cms show ran himself into the ground looked unhappy at being subbed , i love that .

Barns yep got a yellow but won some important headers late on
Calderon got about 3 minutes but still managed to win a superb defending diving header to get the ball away
Dobbie i quite like this guy not long on the pitch for smith but he has quality and just a matter of time before he scores

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuczschak - 8 -Dominant
Bruno - 6
Bridge - 7
Greer - 7
AEA - 8 - MoM

Dicker - 5
Orlandi - 5
Bridcutt - 6
Hammond - 6
Buckley - 7

CMS - 8

Dobbie - 5
Barnes - 6
Calderon - not enough time

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kuszscak 7
Bruno 7
El Abd 8
Greer 7
Bridge 7
Hammond 7
Bridcutt 7
Dicker 6
Orlandi 6
Buckley 7
Makail-Smith 7

Subs 6

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
With Spingal here. Did no one else notice the huge difference Barnes made when he came on for Orlandi? He did exactly what Gus would have wanted him to, he back tracked, won some very important headers and was a good part of allowing us to battle through the last 20 odd mins.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I am very confused by the markings for Gary Dicker in particlar but also Orlandi.
Are Dickers marks based on last nights performance or previous ones?

Thanks for posting for those of us who did not / could not go :bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Kuszczak Did extremely well, but distribution needs working on. 8

Bridge. Brilliant first half, defended very deep in the second, but good game. 7
Greer. Up against iwolumo who is still a class act..struggled at times but strong. 7
El abd. Class act again. Soaked up the pressure well. Watford mate said his challenge on the forward about to score was a stone wall pen...but.....mom 9
Bruno. Looks classy but pushed further and further back in the second half....7

Bridcut in a real battle and struggled with their no 41( the best player on the park IMHO) 7
Orlandi ...game passed him by really. Needs time, didn't look comfortable at all. 6
Hammond...missed a couple of goal chances, but positional play brilliant. Solid and assured..8
Dicker....strong in the tackle and battler...game passed him by in the second half as they took control..7

Buckley...an enigma. Played some sublime stuff at times and cut them apart, other times went and hid on ten touchline. Marmite player. 7
Mac....excellent all around effort..should have scored at least two others , incl 1 on 1 , ran himself into the ground again...8

Subs

Barnes ...not on for long but showed class agin...apart from his silly reaction to their player could have got him easily sent off...7
Dobbie....I will reserve judgement until he has played a few full games. But struggled to hold it up.
Calderon...not on long enough

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
forgotten how difficult it is to follow the game properly standing at end of pitch

But here u go

K - 8
Bruno - 7
Greer - 7
Abs - 8
Bridge - 7
Bridders - 6
Dicker -6
Buckers - 7
Orlandi - 5
Hammond - 7
Cms - 8

Barnes- 5
Dobbie - 5
Calders - 6

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Kuczschak - 9 - Cannot fault, gives our defence such confidence
Bruno - 7
Bridge - 7
Greer - 7
AEA - 9 - MoM, didn't put a foot wrong

Dicker - 6 not bad first half but second disappeared
Orlandi - 5 disappointing
Bridcutt - 7
Hammond - 5 where was he?
Buckley - 8 terrorised them at times

CMS - 7 one clear chance he blazed over that really should have sealed the game

Dobbie - 5
Barnes - 7 definitely helped stem the tide
Calderon - not enough time

Thought it was a strange decision by Poyet to try Orlandi for Barnes in an away game.

Over all a disappointing performance with a great result. We were on the back foot from the opening minute and for periods of the game it was relentless with us dropping deeper and deeper. When we had the ball nobody seemed to want it.

However at times we created great chances something they failed to do all game. How they didn't get given a penalty I'll never know.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Kuszczak 8.5 - I love having a top keeper, makes games so much easier to watch
Bruno 7.5
Bridge 8 - Worked well with Buckley
El-Abd 8.5
Greer 8
Buckley 8.5 - once he switched to the left was the standout player in first half - their full-back was subbed at half time. Influence waned in second half as we sat back
Hammond 7
Bridcutt 7.5
Orlandi 6 - included for set pieces we assume, didn't have much impact
CMS 7 Great work-rate as ever, should have done better with a couple of chances

Subs:
Dobbie 5 - looked short of match practice in difficult situation
Barnes 7 - better than Orlandi. Not a red card, just handbags.
Calderon n/a

As painful as it was to watch, in hindsight our last 30 min rearguard was fairly well controlled, a shame we couldn't capitalise on the break to make it comfortable. Restricted Watford to half-chances. Not the best view of it but didn't think they should have had pens (and ours was a bit soft).

We'll have tougher away games that that, I thought Watford were fairly average in final third.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Crofts was signed for these sorts of games. He will really help in this sort of fixture when fit again :)

Delighted with the result.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think some of the Orlandi ratings are overly harsh. He wasn't that bad and it was his first start in a long time.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kuszczak 8
Bruno 7
Bridge 7
Greer 7
El Abd 8
Bridcutt 6
Hammond 6
Dicker 6
Buckley 7
Orlandi 5
CMS 7

Barnes 6
Dobbie 4

Calderon not on long enough.

Agree with this.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thought it was a strange decision by Poyet to try Orlandi for Barnes in an away game.

Think Gus pretty well put his hands up to making that mistake in the post match interview ... when he said "they changed a few players ..... and sometimes you think too much before games and then something different happens" .... I got that as a clear acknowledgement it was the wrong choice

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Kuszczak Did extremely well, but distribution needs working on. 8

Bridge. Brilliant first half, defended very deep in the second, but good game. 7
Greer. Up against iwolumo who is still a class act..struggled at times but strong. 7
El abd. Class act again. Soaked up the pressure well. Watford mate said his challenge on the forward about to score was a stone wall pen...but.....mom 9
Bruno. Looks classy but pushed further and further back in the second half....7

Bridcut in a real battle and struggled with their no 41( the best player on the park IMHO) 7
Orlandi ...game passed him by really. Needs time, didn't look comfortable at all. 6
Hammond...missed a couple of goal chances, but positional play brilliant. Solid and assured..8
Dicker....strong in the tackle and battler...game passed him by in the second half as they took control..7

Buckley...an enigma. Played some sublime stuff at times and cut them apart, other times went and hid on ten touchline. Marmite player. 7
Mac....excellent all around effort..should have scored at least two others , incl 1 on 1 , ran himself into the ground again...8

Subs

Barnes ...not on for long but showed class agin...apart from his silly reaction to their player could have got him easily sent off...7
Dobbie....I will reserve judgement until he has played a few full games. But struggled to hold it up.
Calderon...not on long enough

This is pretty spot on. Not a pretty performance, 3 points won when it could easily have been nothing. The Ref was quite petty but the important decisions all fell for us for a change. Barnes was lucky - another Ref might have shown him a red. He reacted badly (ok it was obvious provocation by the defender) but instead of walking away persisted with the verbals.

However I thought Kuszchak was our MoM for his consistency. For all of Watford's chances I thought our keeper looked very solid.

Bit worried about how easily the Watford midfield harried us, especially first half. Their no.41 (Forestiere?) was an annoying little s**t, actually looked like an angry Hornet buzzing about and set the tone for them by falling over in front of the Ref whenever the ball didn't run for him. He didn't allow us time on the ball and he certainly made Dicker look slow. Was a little surprised that Hammond didn't show a bit more composure, tended to spray the ball into space rather than find his man. I think Crofts would have tightened things up. The main concern was our tendency late on to play too deep and just keep inviting wave upon wave of attacks, just like we did last season. Several times we should have held onto the ball but just gave it back to them. Also Dobbie didn't seem to be very mobile or offer an outlet but guess he is rusty.

Difficult form an accurate view of Orlandi. On the one hand it I can see why some might view it as a 'Harley-esque' performance yet he clearly has a good touch for set pieces. Need to see a bit more.

Would like to have seen Lopez get a run out.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Pole in goal - 8 (dependable as ever) bar saved him second half.
Bruno - 7 (not a good as Friday)
Greer - 7 ok today
Abs - 7 couple of off balls but defended like a Trojan at the end
Bridge - 7 worked well with buckers tonight
Bridders - 6 not on his game
Dicker -6 some intelligent balls but muscled off too easily
Buckers - 7 tailed off but electric pace end of first half / start of second. Had their full back in his pocket
Orlandi - 6 ok bit needs better quality final ball
Hammond - 6 ok but never really got going
Cms - 8.5 worked his socks off and we missed him when he went off
Referee - 10. Two blatant pens let go IMHO, and allowed Barnes to stay on the pitch. Legend

Subs
Barnes- 6.5 needs to control his temper but was better than Orlandi I'm my opinion
Dobbie - 5. Slow and looked a bit lazy at times
Calders - 7 not on for long but stepped up when needed.

Overall - 6. We ground it out but were hugely lucky. Ugly wins and three points work for me.

Don't see it very different to that other than I'd probably have given Buckley 8 and CMS 7. Think Buckley tailed off because he was knackered. After he swapped with Orlandi he tore the full back a new one. Was pretty much our only outlet as CMS was getting no change from the centre half.

Thought CMS was ok, typical CMS performance really. Lots of running about hassling people, was at times let down by his first touch and missed a couple of good chances. However won the penalty, scored it and was a general pain in the arse for their back line.

We did ride our luck allot BUT we created 6 decent chances before you bring into account the penalty. At least 2 of which should have been put away (Dicker and Hammond in the first half).

Watford play allot nicer football under Zola but if you are going to give sides that many decent chances then they can't expect to win many games.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I think some of the Orlandi ratings are overly harsh. He wasn't that bad and it was his first start in a long time.

Not at the match but think you are correct.

Sea Orlandi feature article on club official site.

Seems he was doing precisely what he was told to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here