Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brighton vs West Ham

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Noticed welbz did a T shale with his hands when he scored.

Was it for his Injured bestie Tariq?
No it was for 'Tate', whoever they are. I'm hoping it's not Andrew 😬

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Anyone so up themselves they feel the need to pick apart individual performances, in the wake of that game, really don't deserve nice things.
It’s called objectivity. It’s valuable. Why do you think RDZ is saying we can still do better?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
In fairness this is the 'Player Ratings' thread and therefore analysing the performances and giving reasons for your score is really the WHOLE POINT. I much prefer to see a brief description as opposed to just 'Lamptey: 4'
Absolutely! I actively enjoy reading other people’s comments, even ones I disagree with.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Steele 7.5
Lamptey 5
Webster 8.5 -- imperious, no idea what game others on here were watching
Dunk 7
Estupinan 7
Caicedo 9 MotM -- beast, utterly immense
Gross 8 -- delightful player
March 8 -- got kicked a lot
Ali Mac 7.5
Mitoma 8
Ferguson 8 -- so mature, his hold-up play is outstanding

Veltman 8
Sarmiento, Enciso, Buonanotte, Welbeck all 7.5s -- Sarmiento's velcro-like skills, two great efforts from Enciso, Buonanotte looked so assured, and a goal and a good effort from Welbeck
David Moyes :wave:
Spot on…….

Twice in a season @Machiavelli 😧

Webster was excellent.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Superb team performance, but I thought we’ve played better and got nothing from games. West Ham were so bad most our players didn’t need to get out of 3rd gear - they all looked like they could do more so is the real sign of how good we were. Interesting Mitoma was MotM (Caicedio for me) as some of his passing wasn’t to his normal high standard

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Steele - 7 - Justified his selection with two very good stops and some brave distribution

Lamptey - n/a - Given the short amount of time he was on the field I'm not minded to launch into or continue a pile on. Hope he is back soon.
Estupinan - 8 - Tigerish in the tackle and covers huge amounts of ground. An incredible signing.
Webster - 8 - Wow, so hands up if you wrote Webby off. Terrific passing off both feet and covered for his mate when needed. Excellent
Dunk - 8 - Started so much of what we do well. Bravery, composure and skill

Gross - 8 - Oozed class and is playing the best football of his career
MacAllister - 7 - Ticked things over and put the pen away nicely
Caicedo - 9 - Errrrrr. No soz guys, my vocabulary doesn't extend that far.

March - 9 MOM - Wondrous. He has everything. A genuine world class footballer.
Mitoma - 9 - Took the piss out of a very pedestrian opponent
Ferguson - 9 - Ummm, yeh I can't compute or describe how well Evan is doing either. Won't turn 19 until October. Already I expect in the top 10 strikers in the division.

Veltman - 8 - Nice Improv for the goal and solid and dependable as he always is
Welbeck, Sarmiento Enciso and Buenanotte - n/a but all looked busy and eager to get in the goals. All can be confident of getting a lot of football in the busy months ahead.
Glad to see Webbo getting a good press on the thread , but I wonder whether he will be parked on the bench once Levi is fit. RDZ has made it pretty clear that he( Levi) will be an important player for us for the remainder of the season and if we assume he would like to sign him, which is fair enough, he will surely play him in preference to Webbo.
Hmm, I’m waffling a bit, but if he does sign, then I can see Webbo departing to pastures new, which would be a shame. Mustn’t forget that RDZ has also shown interest in Matvienko, as well.
It is a shame that his injury proneness has hindered both his club career and his England aspirations.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Glad to see Webbo getting a good press on the thread , but I wonder whether he will be parked on the bench once Levi is fit. RDZ has made it pretty clear that he( Levi) will be an important player for us for the remainder of the season and if we assume he would like to sign him, which is fair enough, he will surely play him in preference to Webbo.
Hmm, I’m waffling a bit, but if he does sign, then I can see Webbo departing to pastures new, which would be a shame. Mustn’t forget that RDZ has also shown interest in Matvienko, as well.
It is a shame that his injury proneness has hindered both his club career and his England aspirations.
We've got some real fixture pile-ups on the way - there'll be plenty of time for most of the squad to get minutes

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not having seen it elsewhere, for me a candidate for MOTM was the Peregrine Falcon which was picking apart a pigeon atop the beams in WSU! Not everyone in the ground would have been able to see it, though.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Not having seen it elsewhere, for me a candidate for MOTM was the Peregrine Falcon which was picking apart a pigeon atop the beams in WSU! Not everyone in the ground would have been able to see it, though.
I did see some pigeon coloured feathers floating around during the game, so I guess it was because if this 😂

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I didn't think Lamptey was that bad, in the first 15 mins we were trying a lot of things to unsettle them and a few didn't come off. He was trying to be fast and mobile and will make mistakes.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Colwill has the edge over Webster and Dunk at LCB with RDZ, only because of his very high level, left footed passing. He can just play better balls to Estupinian and Mitoma because he has a wand of a left foot. He is also our fastest centre back by some margin.

But Webbo will be the fall guy in the astonishingly unlikely situation we sign Colwill permanently or if Matvienko is purchased and can perform anywhere near Levi. Dunk will just move to RCB.

Webster is 3 years younger than Lewis, I suspect he’ll take his place for a few years as #1 CB and captain once Dunk hangs up his boots towards the end of this decade. Webbo is not going anywhere.

billhems

Oct 23, 2022
We were sitting under the feathers falling from the roof in WSL. I was worried it was a seagull meeting a symbolically gruesome end.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We were sitting under the feathers falling from the roof in WSL. I was worried it was a seagull meeting a symbolically gruesome end.
I did wonder if it was a Seagull, but was worried that might be seen as an omen of some sort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here