Dunk 7 Good game
Webster 6 Rubbish in front of goal
Macallister 6 Rubbish in front of goal
Gross 5 Not much contribution and rubbish in front of goal
Caceido 6 Fair
Lalana 5 Rubbish in front of goal
March 7 for defending and 3 for attacking play
Trossard 6 Still the player most likely to lose a defender and get a shot in
Welbeck 6 Still think he does a decent job but looks worse because of all missed chances round him.

Pervis looked our best attacking option against Spurs pity he didnt play. Undav leading scorer in Belgium hard to understand why not given 30mins in last 2 games. No good people saying not good enough if he hasnt had a run of games

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Sanchez 6 nothing much to do, however the passing around at the back is not good for the heart

Veltman 6
Dunk 7 we so rely on his last gasp tackles and blocks
Webster 7 like the surging run’s

March 8 for the MOTM in defence and attacking unlucky not to score AGAIN but for a very good save AGAIN
Mac 6 industrious with little to show for it
Moses 7 the best of the midfield on the night
Lallana 6 some very good things but a few times he looked like he was running through thick mud
Gross 6 again some good things but not as bright as he was at the start of the season
Trossard 6.5 when he’s good he’s very very good we urgently need to find out what they do to him when on international duty

Welbeck 6 three Good chances missed

we appear to be developing a play out the back no matter what pressure we are under I hope against Man City we don’t come-unstuck.
Going forward we still need a 15 goals a season striker and I don’t think we have one in the club while our previous leading scorer has moved on without a suitable replacement

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sanchez 6 - Literally nothing to do
Veltman 6 - Did ok defensively, but by God, please pass to Solly!
Dunk 7 - Covered Webster's runs well.
Webster 7 - Clearly tasked with breaking the line - made some strong runs 2nd half.
Mac Allister 6 - Did ok I suppose
Gross 6 - missed our best chance. Definitely less effective since the new manager arrived.
Caiciedo 7 - Worked very hard to get some impetus
Lallana 6 - Worked hard - will always miss chances
March 6.5 - Always willing to take the ball wide and at times ran William's ragged. No End Product.
Trossard 6 - Patchy performance
Welbeck 6 - Worked hard, missed another header.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Slightly surprised by how low some are going with Dunk.

I know we drew a game we should've won but he was absolutely superb I thought, kept Johnson very quiet whilst barely breaking a sweat. Great performance.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Caicedo 8 yet again the stand out player for me making telling tackles and passes.
Dunk 7 had a very tidy game
Mac 6 did a lot of work
March 6
Rest were 5 yes pretty football but no outcome. Need to be quicker and clearly more composed when finishing.
Does the manager know he can make 5 subs or does just not rate them.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sanchez - 5 - Again, almost nothing to do. Managed not to concede from the oppositions only chance this time, which was nice.

Veltman - 7 - Moved the ball with more accuracy as urgency than the rest of the back 4. Totally untroubled defensively
Dunk - 6 - Went long and straight a bit too much and lost a foot race quite badly, other than that ticked us over ok
Webster - 4 - Horribly out of form. Missed passes, bereft of the confidence to stride forward. Surely only just clinging to his place

March - 7 - Produced the moment of the game which should have led to the goal in the second half
Trossard - 6 - Often held onto the ball too long, but always our most likely source of invention

Caicedo - 7 - Dominated an atrocious Forest midfield
MacAllister - 6 - Accurate but unthreatening with his passing

Lallana - 4 - Rusty. It always seemed like an odd choice to bring him into the forward line to solve our scoring problems
Gross - 5 - Currently unable to unlock a deep lying defence. Missed at least one glorious chance.

Welbeck - 3 - Not making runs, not anticipating crosses, not following in shots, not timing his leaps, not shooting with conviction. His poor goal record is no surprise. We need a replacement.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Thought Mac was a bit too deep- he's done great as DM but he still has lots to offer a little higher up the pitch. Solly our best player. Gross a worry. Tross trying too hard, probably feeling the pressure of being our only likely match winner right now. Webster meh.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sanchez 6
Veltman 6
Dunk 7
Webster 6 -- has been tasked with being aggressive and trying to win the ball, carry the ball, and commit the opposition, while Dunk and Veltman clean up behind him
Caicedo 7
Mac Allister 6
Lallana 4 -- did next to nothing, slow
Gross 5
March 7.5 MotM -- terrorised them in the first half, great engine second and continued to cause them problems, still needs to develop zen-like calm at the crucial moments
Trossard 5 -- need him to get creating; he plays well, we tend to win
Welbeck 4.5 -- CMSesque first touch last night

Subs:
Lamptey 5 -- didn't contribute much, some poor crosses when well positioned
others n/a
4 for Lallana?! Watched a different game to me, thought he was one of our better players.

Sanchez - 6

Veltman - 6
Dunk - 7
Webster - 6

March - 7
Caicedo - 8 - MOM just
Mac Allister - 6
Trossard - 6

Gross - 4
Lallana - 7

Welbeck - 5

Lamptey - 6
Undav - n/a

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Wow some really generous marks.

Thought we were poor in a number of areas.

6 - average

Sanchez - 6
Veltman - 7 - MoM
Dunk - 7
Webster - 5.5
MacAllister - 6
Caciedo - 6.5
Lallana - 5.5
Gross - 6
March - 6.5
Trossard - 6.5
Welbeck - 5

Lamptey 6
Undav - N/A

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
4 for Lallana?! Watched a different game to me, thought he was one of our better players.

Sanchez - 6

Veltman - 6
Dunk - 7
Webster - 6

March - 7
Caicedo - 8 - MOM just
Mac Allister - 6
Trossard - 6

Gross - 4
Lallana - 7

Welbeck - 5

Lamptey - 6
Undav - n/a
I've tried this with another group, and those who thought he played well couldn't elaborate, so you indulge me: what did he go that was so good?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
I've tried this with another group, and those who thought he played well couldn't elaborate, so you indulge me: what did he go that was so good?
Pressed well, found intelligent pockets of space to recieve the ball and make space for others, kept and moved the ball well and quickly in some tight spaces, played some good attacking passes.

I only gave him a 7 as I don’t think any of our attacking players excelled but I thought he was one of our better players and certainly deserved more than a 4 and wasn’t our worst player as you voted him. That was a close call between Gross and Welbeck.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Sanchez 6

Veltman 6
Dunk 6 Wasteful balls towards the end of the game
Webster 6

March 6 - tried
Mac 6 - slower in everything he does since Liverpool/RDZ has taken training
Moses 7
Lallana 5 - one nice flick nothing apart from that. See's our club as a stepping stone into a coaching career and then job. Rather he wasn't here or we played Sarmiento/ someone else
Gross 3 - what has happened to him since RDZ joined?
Trossard 5 - Shot hit the bar but nothing other than that. Ideas above his station and wants a move

Welbeck 2 - worst performance for us ever. Looked drunk. What has happened to him since Liverpool?

Lamptey 6 - Not who we need when defence are sat back and makes our attacks even more predictable. Terrible tactics.

RDZ 2 - Please don't play Gross and Lalanna togther again ever. Lamptey's pace won't help with a team with a low block. Why Undav so late? Get him on earlier to give him a chance/occupy their centre backs. Early days but nothing he has done in last 3 games feels me with any confidence. Gutted.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Pressed well, found intelligent pockets of space to recieve the ball and make space for others, kept and moved the ball well and quickly in some tight spaces, played some good attacking passes.

I only gave him a 7 as I don’t think any of our attacking players excelled but I thought he was one of our better players and certainly deserved more than a 4 and wasn’t our worst player as you voted him. That was a close call between Gross and Welbeck.
So, didn't create much or get into decent positions, but kept things ticking over.
I don't hold my hat on stats sites, but SofaScore and WhoScored rate Gross higher than Lallana. Welbeck scores lower than Lallana on SofaScore, but higher on WhoScored. Welbeck's first touch was poor last night, but he brings different qualities. Lallana looked as though he's lost pace, and don't remember him doing anything of note with the ball.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
So, didn't create much or get into decent positions, but kept things ticking over.
I don't hold my hat on stats sites, but SofaScore and WhoScored rate Gross higher than Lallana. Welbeck scores lower than Lallana on SofaScore, but higher on WhoScored. Welbeck's first touch was poor last night, but he brings different qualities. Lallana looked as though he's lost pace, and don't remember him doing anything of note with the ball.
Well no, no one really created much, that was the problem last night. But he was quite central to what we did do well in the first half and you must have seen how much worse we looked after he went off?

Like I say, I gave him a 7, a bit above average, he wasn’t brilliant but I just can’t see a 4 there?!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well no, no one really created much, that was the problem last night. But he was quite central to what we did do well in the first half and you must have seen how much worse we looked after he went off?

Like I say, I gave him a 7, a bit above average, he wasn’t brilliant but I just can’t see a 4 there?!
The first half - we played well and Lallana was central to that. Inventive, always aware of team mates and finding them, I had a great view of his play from the NS … could almost see his mind working overtime on how to carve open opportunities for Trossard et al.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here