Alzate 6
Trossard 6
Bissouma 5
Maupay 7

Bernardo 6
Ali J 8

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think most of the team get a 7/10 signs of fatigue after a hard run of games but kept improving as the second half wore on. Bissouma only gets a 5, while Webster had a decent game and gets an 8. Ali J gets MOTM for his worldie.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I cannot believe the comments and marks for Propper as I thought that he was by far our best player today.

Thought he was ordinary, sloppy in places, brilliant in others.

You could argue on their goal if he’d put in a ‘bigger’ challenge he might have blocked the ball prior to it reaching Azpilacueta.

You could also argue though, that both Burn and Webster were wandering around like headless chickens ball watching.

Not much defending going on again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can we Propper really dividing opinions. I am a Propper fan but thought he was poor today.

This. Probably my favourite Albion player to watch when on top form, but he was really out of sorts in the first half - his usually immaculate first touch had deserted him. He and Bissouma both looked tired.

Better second half though.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
You're always going to get the odd mistake or two, shouldn't necessarily detract from a good individual performance. Overall, thought all played at least reasonably well excepting first half performances of Bissouma and Montoya.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ryan 7

Montoya 6
Bernardo 8
Dunk 7
Webster 7

Alzate 6 Dreadful first half made up for it in 2nd when moved more central
Propper 6 See above.
Bissouma 5
Mooy 6
Trossard 7
Maupay 8

Connelly 7
Ali J 10 :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought he was ordinary, sloppy in places, brilliant in others.

You could argue on their goal if he’d put in a ‘bigger’ challenge he might have blocked the ball prior to it reaching Azpilacueta.

You could also argue though, that both Burn and Webster were wandering around like headless chickens ball watching.

Not much defending going on again.

Dunk lost Zouma, allowing him to knock it back across goal.

KnowMe-Joe

Aug 21, 2017
Potter 7 - Subs were excellent as was the formation change. However got the line up wrong and the weaknesses at corners need to be worked on. Bissouma tracking Azpi wasn't a great plan, and Dunk should be goal side of Zouma plus i've always been a fan of having someone tasked with covering the back post. But chelsea are excellent at set-plays to be fair. Thought second half Connolly sub was genius as chelsea didn't know what position he was playing so nobody could target him as they did to Mooy and Bissouma.

Ryan 8 - could do nothing really about the goal, very reliable and plays out from the back better than most keepers.

Montoya 7 - Solid enough, few dodgy passes but thought he dealt with there wide threat extremely well Pulisic only got the better of him on one occasion I can think of.
Webster 8 - Best defender we had, started some nice movements with great pass variations.
Dunk - 7 - Second half was spot on. First half, passing not as sharp as it normally is and lost track of Zouma for the chelsea goal.
Burn - 5 - Got overrun a little bit, definite foul for the injury. Hope he isn't out too long.

Propper - 6 - Slow start, grew into the game, did a great job of organising the team with the formation changes. Would give him a rest for the Sheffield Wednesday game as looked a bit tired in the first half.
Bissouma - 5 - Didn't look as comfortable as he normally does, you have to move the ball quicker when playing a side like Chelsea otherwise Kante, Jorginiho ect.. will be on you. Still played relatively well though considering the opponents.
Azate - 7 - thought he helped regain control in midfield well, very calm in possession needs to take that shot on first time though.
Mooy - 6 - Clearly targeted by Chelsea they gave him no time or space early on. Formation change helped him grow into the game. Average but solid performance.
Trossard - 7 - Up against good defenders today and for the most part played well. Little bit lightweight but the more he plays the more he will deal with the physicality of the league.

Maupay - 8 - thought he worked very hard, was up against big physical defenders and they struggled with his movement. So much more to his game than being a goal poaching striker. Clearly got a great attitude and can make things happen. Perhaps could have done better with some shooting opportunities, other than that thought he was brilliant.

Connolly - 7 - came on made a massive difference unlucky not to score and has to start in the cup!
Bernardo - 7 - added much needed width to the game, played well when he came on.
Jahanbaksh - 9 - came on determined to change the game, linked up well with Azate, movement was decent and the goal was incredible.

Overall, think we finished the better side and Potters change in formations and personal kind of messed Chelsea's plan up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dunk lost Zouma, allowing him to knock it back across goal.

Yes, but you expect those around you to react, rather than stand still.

Dunk cannot win everything and with set pieces, it is as important how you react to the second ball.

As usual with most of the goals we are concede it was very sloppy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, but you expect those around you to react, rather than stand still.

Dunk cannot win everything and with set pieces, it is as important how you react to the second ball.

As usual with most of the goals we are concede it was very sloppy.

Agree......but just find it a bit odd no-one seems prepared to mention it.......if it was Webster who lost him he’d be getting pelters.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports