Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brentford v Brighton

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Interesting scoring.

I've not seen the game or any highlights, I've just read the match report and seen the stats which both seem to imply we were quite good. The people I've spoken to that have seen the highlightssaid it was all us and their keeper had a blinder.

So it's mildly surprising to see such low scores.

It sounds to me like it was classic early Potter. Lots of the football, plenty of shots, none scored and caught by sucker punches.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Interesting scoring.

I've not seen the game or any highlights, I've just read the match report and seen the stats which both seem to imply we were quite good. The people I've spoken to that have seen the highlightssaid it was all us and their keeper had a blinder.

So it's mildly surprising to see such low scores.

It sounds to me like it was classic early Potter. Lots of the football, plenty of shots, none scored and caught by sucker punches.
Concede dozen dangerous chances and score a lucky goal to win the game = high ratings
Create a dozen dangerous chances and lose from the one or two chances they have = low ratings

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Stats say it was all Brighton result says differently their keeper was having a blinder

Veltman apart from the penalty had an outstanding game not acting up to Tony’s little tricks trips and niggles
The notion their keeper had a blinder is an odd one. Made a good stop from Caicedo in the first half and another good stop which was offside anyway towards the end. Can't think of any others that weren't routine. Other shots on target I can remember were a simple stop from a tame Welbeck header, the one March hit straight at him and a standard pick up from a long-distance hit from Mac Allister.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We must have lost, because the ratings are hugely maudlin on here. A couple of cracking saves from their goalkeeper, and several poorly executed chances (Welbeck the primary culprit for me but, being there, had a better view of those first half chances than those in the second half). In short, the performances were OK, especially in the first half, the finishing largely poor. Other ratings reflect some posters' nerves about the RDZ tweaking of playing out from the back: they'll have to get used to it.
Sanchez 6 -- one poor pass
Veltman 6 -- at fault for the penalty, decent defending, poor in possession
Dunk 6 -- pretty solid, passing not quite up to his imperious standard
Webster 6 -- carried the ball well on occasion, passing below par, don't think you can blame him for the first goal ...
Estupinan 4 -- ... do think you can blame him for it, he over-committed and left huge spaces that Brentford exploited to great effect. Beyond that, some poor positioning, and some good attacking play. Is taking time to adjust to the PL for me.
March 6 -- usual shift and solidity, just needs to find a scoring head
Caicedo 8 MotM -- dynamic and our most dominant player, one brilliant shot expertly saved
Mac Allister 6 -- didn't quite work out for him today
Gross 5 -- one of his poorer games
Trossard 4 -- about his poorest game, lost his footing on more than one important occasion
Welbeck 5 -- a really weakly directed header that should have gone in, good running otherwise, not much came off

Subs:
Mitoma 5 -- don't know why some are saying he started on the left; he started on the right and is less well suited to it, so was moved to the left, where he saw less of the ball
Other subs n/a

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We must have lost, because the ratings are hugely maudlin on here. A couple of cracking saves from their goalkeeper, and several poorly executed chances (Welbeck the primary culprit for me but, being there, had a better view of those first half chances than those in the second half). In short, the performances were OK, especially in the first half, the finishing largely poor. Other ratings reflect some posters' nerves about the RDZ tweaking of playing out from the back: they'll have to get used to it.
Sanchez 6 -- one poor pass
Veltman 6 -- at fault for the penalty, decent defending, poor in possession
Dunk 6 -- pretty solid, passing not quite up to his imperious standard
Webster 6 -- carried the ball well on occasion, passing below par, don't think you can blame him for the first goal ...
Estupinan 4 -- ... do think you can blame him for it, he over-committed and left huge spaces that Brentford exploited to great effect. Beyond that, some poor positioning, and some good attacking play. Is taking time to adjust to the PL for me.
March 6 -- usual shift and solidity, just needs to find a scoring head
Caicedo 8 MotM -- dynamic and our most dominant player, one brilliant shot expertly saved
Mac Allister 6 -- didn't quite work out for him today
Gross 5 -- one of his poorer games
Trossard 4 -- about his poorest game, lost his footing on more than one important occasion
Welbeck 5 -- a really weakly directed header that should have gone in, good running otherwise, not much came off

Subs:
Mitoma 5 -- don't know why some are saying he started on the left; he started on the right and is less well suited to it, so was moved to the left, where he saw less of the ball
Other subs n/a
You'll get there eventually mate, just keep doing what you're doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here