March 6 or 7
Dunk 6 or 7
Estupinan/ Mitoma 6 or 7 each

Others 6ish or less.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sanchez 5 Did his 'superman' again and played a pass straight to the oppo on the edge of the box. Suspect kicking. Not much he could do with the goals.

Veltman 7 Gave away the soft pen they were going for but dealt with Toney's gamesmanship well. One of few that were actually up for a battle.

Dunk 6 Didn't really notice him out there tbh. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention idk.

Webster 5 Wrong-sided for the goal. Not very good in possession, not very good overall.

Estupiñan 6 Decent going forward, great ball for Welbeck. Suspect defensively. Odd decision to take him off.

March 5 The most frustrating player on the pitch, quelle surprise. Been said a million times before, zero end product. He has a place in this team, just not in a role where he ends up as the focal point with the ball in crossing/shooting positions as he is dreadful at both.

Mac Allister 5 Looked off the pace. Sloppy passing. Did get one OK shot off.

Caicedo 7 Did well defensively and going forward. A lot better than last week.

Groß 4 Forgot he was out there for long periods. Awful set pieces as well.

Trossard 4 Reverse midas touch today, everything he touched turned to shit. Did get one good shot off with some nice footwork though, so maybe not everything, but still very poor.

Welbeck 3 I can't think of one positive aspect of his game today.

Mitoma 6 At least ran at the opposition and provided some directness, for about 15 mins.

Undav 5 Meh.

Lallana 5 Meh.

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Mitoma doesn’t deserve a 7. He wasn’t really in the game much at all when he came on

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sanchez (didn’t save penalty, couldn’t do anything about the first goal, one dodgy pass out, but no actual saves to make at all so can’t justify a rating)

Veltman 5 - Toney got in his head and had the better of him all game. Unlucky not to score from the corner in the first half
Webster 5 - another game goes by and another game where Webster needlessly loses possession when playing passes. Won about half of his headers in duals
Dunk 7 - standard Dunk performance really, arguably our best player for 90 mins
Estupinan 6 - probably his best 45 mins in an Albion shirt, was surprised to see him come off at half time

March 6 - few good crosses in to the box with nobody there, should have scored in both first half and second
Caicedo 6.5 - touches of brilliance at moments but also a bit of petulant behaviour here and there. Some great passes especially in first half
MacAllister 4 - very poor, one of if not his worst performances in an Albion shirt
Trossard 4.5 - two poor performances in a row. Not surprised to see him subbed off

Groß 4.5 - looked knackered after about 20 mins. Didn’t get in to the game, some decent corners in the first-half
Welbeck 5 - playing much deeper, basically as a attacking midfielder. Won most of his duals in the air and set the passing moves ahead before we inevitably lose the ball. Don’t think he was expecting the header in the first half as it sorta just hit him after Groß and the Brentford defender missed the ball

Mitoma 4 - didn't so much at all. Worst sub appearance so far
Lallana 5 - when he comes on you know we aren’t going to get anything, however good chance from a header with another fantastic save by their keeper. Always passes centrally and back inside
Undav 5 - he tried, he’ll start either again Forest or City and maybe get the full game so we can have a proper look at him

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Since he was giving loads of interviews after Liverpool hat trick Trossard has been awful for two games. Hopefully sorts it on Tuesday. Gross was poor tonight. Worst I have seen Alexis for a long time.

Caicedo excellent again.

Veltman was brilliant apart from the pen.

Sanchez, Dunk and Webster give me the heebie jeebies with the passing but I need to get used to it!

March has to score there. I suspect we might see changes on Tuesday. I want to see Tariq get a run playing higher on the right.

Jimmy Grimble

It’s interesting that Welbeck has got a bit of stick/low ratings over the last two games.

I think under this RDZ system he is either being isolated or having to drop too deep.

He’s always missed chances so that’s nothing new, but that means if his link-up play and running off the ball isn’t being utilised he becomes a very easy target to get grief from fans.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Sanchez (didn’t save penalty, couldn’t do anything about the first goal, one dodgy pass out, but no actual saves to make at all so can’t justify a rating)

Veltman 5 - Toney got in his head and had the better of him all game. Unlucky not to score from the corner in the first half
Webster 5 - another game goes by and another game where Webster needlessly loses possession when playing passes. Won about half of his headers in duals
Dunk 7 - standard Dunk performance really, arguably our best player for 90 mins
Estupinan 6 - probably his best 45 mins in an Albion shirt, was surprised to see him come off at half time

March 6 - few good crosses in to the box with nobody there, should have scored in both first half and second
Caicedo 6.5 - touches of brilliance at moments but also a bit of petulant behaviour here and there. Some great passes especially in first half
MacAllister 4 - very poor, one of if not his worst performances in an Albion shirt
Trossard 4.5 - two poor performances in a row. Not surprised to see him subbed off

Groß 4.5 - looked knackered after about 20 mins. Didn’t get in to the game, some decent corners in the first-half
Welbeck 5 - playing much deeper, basically as a attacking midfielder. Won most of his duals in the air and set the passing moves ahead before we inevitably lose the ball. Don’t think he was expecting the header in the first half as it sorta just hit him after Groß and the Brentford defender missed the ball

Mitoma 4 - didn't so much at all. Worst sub appearance so far
Lallana 5 - when he comes on you know we aren’t going to get anything, however good chance from a header with another fantastic save by their keeper. Always passes centrally and back inside
Undav 5 - he tried, he’ll start either again Forest or City and maybe get the full game so we can have a proper look at him
Wow football is a game of differing opinion s But wow

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very interesting scores. I was obviously at a different game. Good first half, dire second IMO.

6 - average

Sanchez - 6
veltman - 6
Dunk - 6
Webster - 5 - better going forward, but looks jittery at times, defensively weak
Pervis - 6
MacAllister - 6
Caciedo - 6
Gross - 5
Solly - 6
Trossard - 5 - great position, poor execution
Welbeck - 6 - great work rate and touch, such a poor finisher

Mitoma - 5 - injured early on
Undav - 5
Lallana - 6

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Sanchez - 5
Veltman - 5
Dunk - 6
Webster - 5
Estupinan - 6
Mac Allister - 6
Caicedo - 7
Gross - 5
March - 5
Trossard - 4
Welbeck - 4

Mitoma - 4
Undav - 5
Lallana - 5

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I cannot believe some of these ratings.
Our midfield was gash. Utter garbage. Trossard still believing he is a world beater after Liverpool, couldn't pass wind. Thats two games running he has been our poorest player. 3/10. Gross was terrible. Nearly every set piece inaccurate. Mac woeful. 4/10 both. March...same old same old 4/10. Caicedo slightly better 5/10. Sanchez...still doing his best to give a goal away. Usual flap, getting nowhere near the ball. Distribution awful 4/10. Dunk 7/10. Enough said. Webster average. Rampaging forward and passing to a red and white shirt. 5/10. Veltman. Not his best night 5/10. Pervis...by a long way not the worst. Got down the left and caused problems. Shouldn't have been subbed. 6/10. Welbeck. I can forgive 9 games no goals...we are used to it....but failure to hold the ball time and time again. Didn't run the channels. Wasted the best chance of the night. Simple punched header into bottom corner. Babied it. Cushioned it. Like Liverpool, another sitter missed. We need an out and out striker, direct and strong 3/10
Subs....Mitoma...looks promising...should have started 6/10....Lallana...5/10.....Undav ( Did he touch the ball? What is he capable of? What are his strengths? I haven't got a scooby doo 4/10 )
RDZ.....Gonna give him time. Tempo was too slow, like Tottenham. We got bullied again, like Tottenham. Its ok to play out from the back, trying to suck in the opposition, if you then move the ball quickly and accurately. We did neither. It allowed Brentford and Spurs to get all their men back and then watch us play pretty patterns in front of them. 5/10

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Won't do any ratings as I was distracted a lot during the game yesterday, but Caicedo was the best Brighton player by a mile.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Stats say it was all Brighton result says differently their keeper was having a blinder

Veltman apart from the penalty had an outstanding game not acting up to Tony’s little tricks trips and niggles

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Won't do any ratings as I was distracted a lot during the game yesterday, but Caicedo was the best Brighton player by a mile.
by a country mile (its longer), he did his defensive job very well and unlucky with his shot. He should be marked 2 points higher than the next best player.

People talk about them parking the bus and their antics , yes they did a 'professional' job well and we weren't clever enough to break it. In these situations you have to get the ball forward much much quicker so that players like Mitoma can run at one player rather than 3 .

Ultimately though there was some very poor finishing , Wellback has to score and that changes the whole complexion of the game. march also should have scored and maybe Dunk in the first half.

I would be interested in seeing Ferguson on the bench and coming on to replace Wellbeck to see how well he can handle this, physically he is very strong (though that might be relative to his normal opposition) but he will want to play and show his ability.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Mitoma doesn’t deserve a 7. He wasn’t really in the game much at all when he came on
he was playing on the left when he came on , when I have seen him previously he has looked better on the right . He did provide the best 'bus splitting' pass only for March to fluff his lines...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Trossard seems to get worse the colder it gets. Maybe make him wear a thermal vest under his shirt. At least nobody will want him come January

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here