Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings Bournemouth away

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Conway and Andrews seem to be getting much better marks than some of the comments elsewhere on the board made me expect.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Conway and Andrews seem to be getting much better marks than some of the comments elsewhere on the board made me expect.

To be fair, I don't rate Conway at all, however he was ok at times today he just needs to be given the ball a bit earlier.

Joe Nobody

Dec 27, 2008
Hove
Great attitude from Andrew Crofts when he took a nasty bang in the face. Good to see. Ince had a great game at Wigan and played well today.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kusz 7.5

Calde 6.5 - struggled a bit I thought, perhaps slightly rusty after a while out?
Upson 7
Greer 7
Ward 7.5 - really is a dependable player

JFC - 6.5
Ince - 8 - really growing in confidence, glad Bridcutt came in alongside rather than instead of
Crofts - 6.5

Conway 7 - mixed game, some really poor touches but also a couple of good driving runs, always released it a beat too late though it seemed
Lopez 6

Barnes 8 - MoM. WHAT a strike. Natural finisher.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh also, Brids and Orlandi bit rusty, and Andrews I thought was really poor, didn't do the job he was brought on to do as far as I could tell.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Thought Ward had his best game in the stripes inc some bridge like rampaging down the wing. Lopez was quiet again and Greer have the ball away in dangerous positions a few times on the back of that Wigan blunder last week. However, Andrews took the prize for the worst player off the day and wasn't even on that long. Thought Barnes had one of his quietest games in recent form but got his goal - funny old game!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
What Conway needs is someone to centre the ball to (i.e. LU), Dave was pants, Ince was formidable in the first half, hardly surprising that Bridcutt and Orlandi aren't match fit, Our passing generally was poor because of the way Bournemouth hustled the man on the ball (and as someone on here has already said it ain't rocket science - Howe isn't a footballing genius, he always sets his teams out to play in exactly the same way against us). In a game like this we really missed Ulloa, Cook and Elphick both had good games today and it would've been a different story with him on the pitch.

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Koosh - 7
Calderon - 6
Greer - 6
Upson - 7
Ward - 6
JFC - 5
Dave - 4
Ince - 7
Crofts - 6
Conway - 4
Barnes - 7

Andrews - 5
Bridcutt - 6
Orlandi - 5

Koosh pulled off 2 very good saves and kept us in the game.
Conway was awful, he got in some good positions but did not put the ball in. When he did put the ball in, on 2 occasions 2nd half, why did he not pull it back to penalty spot area?
Ward got beaten too easily every time they attacked.
Calderon did not look at the races but was unlucky early on
Greer was his usual self, giving the ball away in dangerous positions.
Dave, what does he do? Pathetic display.
JFC looked out of sorts after giving them the free kick that led to their goal. What happened to the wall?
Barnes is always on a hiding to nothing as a lone striker but did a good job and a great goal
The rest of them, well just a normal day at the office

Jimmy Grimble

TK - 7

Calderon - 6
Upson -6.5
Greer - 6.5
Ward 7.5

Conway - 6
Ince - 7.5
Crofts - 6
JFC - 5
Lopez - 5.5

Barnes - 7

Bridcutt - 6.5
Orlandi - 5.5
Andrews - 4

Ward and Ince stand out performers. We had a 20 minute spell after scoring where we playing very close to how I imagine Oscar wants us. We were pressing high up the pith and playing at a quick tempo.

Andrews was very disappointing when he came on. It seemed like he wanted to play where Bridcutt was and ended up sitting too deep, consequently contributing little to the side. Around this point our tempo and high pressing dropped and Bournemouth came back into the game.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
We werent at our best.

Ince had a great game. Barnes scored a great goal. Ward did well and Upson lucky. Everybody else Ok except Conway who flattered to decieve and Andrews who didnt add anything to the game. oh and JFC was hassled out of the game. He still wnts too much time and BFC didny give him it. Right for him to go off at arvo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:lolol::lolol:

Well done Mellotron. Quality wind-up

1 goal every 2.5 games, plenty of those games from defensive left midfield. That goal was the work of a natural finisher.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
1 goal every 2.5 games, plenty of those games from defensive left midfield. That goal was the work of a natural finisher.

It's a goal every 3 and a bit games (surely you knew that) and in the Championship about 1 in 4.5. That goal is not an example of a natural finisher.

If you played the game for a while you would recognise one.

This is in no way a criticism of him though as he has done well recently just correcting your post.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Averages

Starters (17 votes)
Ince 7.91 (69mins)
Barnes 7.06
Kuszczak 7.00
Ward 6.76
Greer 6.65
Upson 6.53