• Lopez

Votes: 21 7.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Bridge for me, considering he's very rich and his career stalled big time and he could have come here to just stretch his legs. His work ethic, consistency and low profile have been excellent.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bridge or Bridcutt, I went for Bridge, He has given everything and I never expected that of him. been a great player for us this season and I hope we keep him.

Bridcutt has been class for us, for almost 3 seasons now and he has stepped it up again, if he had scored a couple of goals ( I know its not his game ) I think this would of tipped it in his favour for my vote.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bridge / Bridcutt / Pole........it does show how much people appreciate a 'tight' ship, and we have defended well for most of the season.

However, the game changer for me this season, the player who has transformed this team into play-off contenders is Spanish Dave. Right back, midfield, the wing, playing in the hole, this guy has it all. When he is on song everything goes through him, he is the rhythm making, the metronome, the icing, the lube, the maestro of our team.

We've had some real notable contributions of course, and it is hard to single one player out, but Mr Lopez, take a bow because you have been superb! :thumbsup:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
As most have said very little between the 3 front runners but I have gone for Bridge pure for the reason that if he gets Player of Season it might encourage him to sing permanently for us, I know it probably has no real impact but I can live in my little bubble thinking my vote helped sway Bridge to sign for us.
What a wonderful choice though.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Fourth - Spanish Dave. Game changer and on the up, but has had games where he has disappeared. Lacks the consistency of the other.
Third - TK has been outstanding and in any other season would have won. The rock on which this incredible defence is built.
Second - Bridge. A revelation. Consistent, skilled, calm, hard working. Brilliant season.
Winner - Liam Bridcutt. We're better when he plays - without fail. Never has a less than 7/10 game. Is more in control of himself. Tackling has improved. Ball skills up. Passing improved hand over fist. Awesome season.

Honourable mentions: Calde (who has reinvented himself to demand a place in the starting 11); Upson (never in the wrong place - what a good loan); Ulloa (needed more time here to get in the top four); Orlandi (who can still disappear in a game but is a hell of a player).

What a great season it has been - and may yet become.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Bridcutt, but only just from Bridge.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bridge. Not only is he a class player but he seems to improve those that play around him.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
As most have said very little between the 3 front runners but I have gone for Bridge pure for the reason that if he gets Player of Season it might encourage him to sing permanently for us, I know it probably has no real impact but I can live in my little bubble thinking my vote helped sway Bridge to sign for us.

Just playing football not enough for you!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Kuszczak would get more votes if his defence wasnt so bloody good, he has made some key saves for us, but rately has to have a stand out game as the defence rarely give away too many chances leaving it down to PIG to bail us out.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012

Does he want to set up a choir then? Or join in during Sussex by the Sea? :jester:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I agree its tough and there isnt much between Bridders and PIG (Dave took a while to settle in and Bridge has been what I had expected..... very good but not out of his comfort zone). Both seem to be still improving but the key for me is the position. Who do we miss the most... no question then it has to be PIG. The change in the team and the confidence of the fans is so palpable when hes missing. If PIG deservedly gets it Bridders should know that on any other year he would have won.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If anyone ever wanted to demonstrate a complete inabiliity to understand and reasonably appreciate football likening Dean Cox's performances for us to Liam Bridcutt's would do it

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I agree its tough and there isnt much between Bridders and PIG (Dave took a while to settle in and Bridge has been what I had expected..... very good but not out of his comfort zone). Both seem to be still improving but the key for me is the position. Who do we miss the most... no question then it has to be PIG. The change in the team and the confidence of the fans is so palpable when hes missing. If PIG deservedly gets it Bridders should know that on any other year he would have won.

That is true. We sat so deep at Forest from the start and I think a lot of that was because the defence were less confident with Ankergren in goal.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
How refreshing to have so many worthy candidates this season. For me Bridge has impressed form DAY ONE! When the side was trying to gel early on he stood head and shoulders above the rest. As the season has worn on the rest of the side has improved immeasurably so he no longer stands out as much, but I think his extra touch of quality help raise the bar everyone else.

But honestly if TK, Bridcutt, Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Ulloa or even Calde were to pick it the award you'd get not complaints from me. I really think it should be a collective award to all a truly outstanding effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here