Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player contracts

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Have heard that Stephens is refusing to sign a new contract due to lack of cash being offered so likely to be sold in the summer. Shame, but, the management and scouting structure we have encourages me that we will upgrade on him when seeking a replacement..

Who have you heard this from?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Have heard that Stephens is refusing to sign a new contract due to lack of cash being offered so likely to be sold in the summer. Shame, but, the management and scouting structure we have encourages me that we will upgrade on him when seeking a replacement..

I'm not suggesting you are wrong because I have no facts to go on. But I'd be very surprised if Stephens was hunting around for more cash. Has always seemed fully committed to Albion, a mature bloke and not exactly the kind to hold a club to ransom.

PS: The mention earlier of Alan Judge. This is a complete write-off - Judge suffered an horrific fractured leg against Ipswich last month and will be out for a very long time.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I was very impressed with Alan Judge when we played Brentford at the AMEX. He ran the show for the first 20 minutes or so. Does he put in a defensive shift when needed?

We watched him for a long time when he was with Notts County. Don't know why he wasn't signed. The only thing that concerns me about him is his first touch but he's obviously a good championship player.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'm not suggesting you are wrong because I have no facts to go on. But I'd be very surprised if Stephens was hunting around for more cash. Has always seemed fully committed to Albion, a mature bloke and not exactly the kind to hold a club to ransom.

PS: The mention earlier of Alan Judge. This is a complete write-off - Judge suffered an horrific fractured leg against Ipswich last month and will be out for a very long time.

Dale looked the same at Charlton.

He wants a shot at the Prem and knows that time is running out for him to get there

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013

He wants a shot at the Prem and knows that time is running out for him to get there

Well let's hope you're wrong. He is only 26 so hardly a veteran. He's not injury-prone either so I'd say he has at least two more years to make the Premier League.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I'm not going to say he wouldn't be a loss, because he would be, but not indispensable, however, I would be more concerned if we lost Kayal.

I expect Burnley to come sniffing around at some point, when the thug joins Rangers.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I was very impressed with Alan Judge when we played Brentford at the AMEX. He ran the show for the first 20 minutes or so. Does he put in a defensive shift when needed?

As posted on another thread, there is NO CHANCE in hell, that Matthew Benham would sell his best player to his arch-rival/enemy Tony Bloom.

None.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

He had is head turned by the Derby offer last year that was a lot more than we are offering now. I'm sure he will deal with it maturely if he doesn't get a move and hopefully end up signing a new contract. The good news for us and him is he's just had a good season so we will both get top dollar if he does move.
Agree with others that Kayal would be a greater loss. As would Knocky!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Well if he stays with us for another season he will get his chance in the premier league.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is it today the Football League has to receive our retained list?
Naylor said we should know the list 'by the weekend' I think.

Thought we'd hear this morning myself, they must be waiting on something ( or have a lot of video tributes to produce :nono: ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here