Play-offs; joy or curse?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
Settle a bet for me guys. My dad says that he would want us playing premier league football next season. I on the other hand feel that promotion this season would be a disaster; you've seen how much swansea have lost this season; I think going up would be a bad move as far as the club is concerned. So what do you guys think?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Settle a bet for me guys. My dad says that he would want us playing premier league football next season. I on the other hand feel that promotion this season would be a disaster; you've seen how much swansea have lost this season; I think going up would be a bad move as far as the club is concerned. So what do you guys think?

I think you have a good point

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Yeah, we should have turned down promotion last season as well, we would win loads more games in League one!!!!

Swansea are mid table in the prem, you think that's a worse place to be than in the Championship?

Why not keep the Premier League as a closed shop 'cos increased competition is bad for BHA!

If we are good enough to go up, we will be in the Prem next season.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I think it'd be a complete disaster for us - we're not equipped to deal with the premier league yet.
Do you seriously want us to go up and be humiliated every week ?
Give it a year and I think with the experience of this year under his belt Gus will be able to deliver a promotion seeking team but not yet

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its a tricky one. i'd love the love the trip to Wembley and winning (possibly, no definatly better than being second imo), but i do worry that the side isn't ready for it. on the other hand, whats wrong with going up and having a cheery old time laughing at defeat, nicking a few surprise wins. i think we like the pathos of facing relegation and narrowly avoiding, why we now feel we have to complain about trains and pies. and maybe we'd do well, a la Norwich.

i think the question should be better put in these terms: this year, would you rather win the FA Cup or promotion to the Premiership. I'd have to say i'd rather beat Liverpool than Millwall.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Rather go up this season. Who knows what the future holds? What if Gus leaves in the summer and we're still in the Championship, we're not gonna get a bettter manager than him. I'd rather go up now, the challenge of staying in the Premiership would be amazing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A home visit from Millwall or Fulham: which would you prefer?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Promotion just can't understand any argument opposing. We go up, come down with more money than we can generate for years and rebuild from there.

Look at Blackpool ... perennial L1 / Lower Champ side now vying again

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Whilst I understamd the sentiment behind not going up too early (not that I particuarly agree) you would have to be on very very strong drugs to hold Swansea up as an example of why it would be bad. They are having an awesome season in that division and played Arsenal off the park a few weeks ago and were desperetly unluckly to draw with Chelsea two weeks ago. Do people forget we were shithouse in div 1 just over 2 years ago?

Last edited:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Whilst I understamd the sentiment behind not going up too early (not that I particuarly agree) you would have to be on very very strong drugs to hold Swansea up as an example of why it would be bad. They are having an awesome season in that division andc played Arsenal off the park a few weeks and were desperetly unluckly to draw with Chelsea two weeks ago. Do people forget we were shithouse in div 1 just over 2 years ago?

Exactly.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Erm... Swansea are 3 points outside the top half of the table, and Norwich are currently sitting 8th?

I don't see the problem with us going up this season, but it's still quite unlikely.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I really do think that all we would need is a 'keeper, another experienced CB, a midfield destroyer, one more striker and to sign up Vokes, Mattock and Reyes, and we'd stand a very good chance of survival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports