Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off away game ticket info - includes VERY strict Palace rules

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
You are assuming that ST holders with the required points will snap them up - a large proportion don't go to away games, and those that do may not fancy Palace away.

But those with enough points to have made the cut are, by definition, fans who often travel to away games?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
But those with enough points to have made the cut are, by definition, fans who often travel to away games?

Is that true? Surely two seasons at the Amex plus Withdean ST is enough?

Jan 30, 2008
draconian, but the presence of so many complete mongs at the last fixture there has obviously led to this action. At least if you want to go for the football, you are unlikely to have it ruined by people too thick to know the difference between passion for the club and being hell bent on looking for a trouble and ruining it for everyone else.
did you see something i didn't then ???
regards
DR

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Are there loyalty points for going to the home leg and if so how many & when are they allocated? I'm sitting on 1250 so an extra 10 would come in very handy...........

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And I already can't log in to the ticket site, not avialable at this time apparently!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My mistake. Its the Premier League rules which call for a play off. In which case Palace have the upper hand in the head to head.

But only if it involves teams playing for something eg champions, Europe or relegation.
If nothing rides on it, they occupy the same league position.

Winchester1

Aug 27, 2012
Downtown Winchester
:)Good point MLP. I've only missed a handful of away games myself, so have come across our "hard-core" away following regularly. Given the northern geographical bias that we have had to endure with a lot of this season's away games, there is IMO a large proportion of the regular away following who are probably not season tickets holders, but ex-pats/students who go to their "local" grounds when the opportunity arises for them to see the Albion playing away.

For those season ticket holders who have put there time and money behind following the club away from home on a regular basis, they thoroughly deserve the right to attend the play-off away game if that's what they decide they want to do. It's just a huge shame that we can't get bigger ticket allocation for Palace. But, if its a case of Forest or Bolton away on a Friday night, there will be a great opportunity for most fans who have built up a reasonable loyalty points total to get a ticket to the respective matches.

Come on Peterborough - hammer the Nigels on Saturday!! :)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The police are going to look a little bit silly if Palace don't make 5th but meet us in the final. How can they say "we can only cope with 2,000 away fans and they all have to carry ID" but then in a few weeks say "35,000 on each side without ID are all welcome".

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It wouldn't be a Friday night, in fairness.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i have 1280 ( I have no idea why).

To be honest this sounds like a complete and utter ballache.

Are they seriously saying only 2000 away fans...we are not all homicidal maniacs looking for a fight...some of us want to watch the football.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Balls 1145 points :down: unless they give me the points for the home leg now and if fact why haven't they, I have paid for it so its not as if I can get a refund.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Totally agree. As an aside I hate this lazy treat-all-supporters-as-potential-trouble-makers blanket approach to policing. My contract with society is to behave myself. I do this, so why do I have to succumb to this?

It's lazy policing and just cements the police attitude/culture that all football supporters are trouble makers.

Unfortunately its just a fact of life that extra arrangements have to be made to cater for the braindead and those slightly "challenged" individuals, so that the fully-functioning human beings can attend a football match in relative safety without getting caught up in all their shit.

Doesn't make it any more paletable, but what else would you suggest ? Just have a general free-for-all on the tickets and let us all get on with it ? Then theres a riot, scarfers getting twatted, crying kids everywhere, and everyone would be queuing up afterwards to say "the police must've KNOWN this would all kick off, it was obvious, why wasn't more done to weed out the scumbags ??" etc etc etc.

They can't win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here