Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastic supporters...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I feel it's an opportunity to grow support if we did manage to stay up (over several seasons),we seriously might need a larger venue,seriously though it's such a balancing act to get right,we could have the extra seats ad never have use for them.

Worth noting that we never went over 30,000 at the Goldstone in Division 1,despite numerous occasions topping that figure from 1932 through every decade to 1979.....so perhaps we have it just right...

Wasn't the capacity capped at 28,000 by the authorities in Summer 1979? I'm sure that matches against the likes of Liverpool were sometimes sold out / gates closed.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
what a crap thread. i would like us to have as many new fans as possible, and good luck to them.

for a team with 6,000 at withers, that makes most of the passionate support i see around me at the amex plastics, which is nonsense.

new fans = very welcome
The thread originally is about not having room for the plastics like other clubs who've got promoted....You'll see that having a 31k capacity in the prem is way to small.
Of course we all want more fans :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The thread originally is about not having room for the plastics like other clubs who've got promoted....You'll see that having a 31k capacity in the prem is way to small.
Of course we all want more fans :)

12 of the 20 teams in the Premier League have capacities below 35k. 8 teams have capacity below 30k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here