Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Planning Application at Withdean !

Shammo

Jan 31, 2005
Burgess Hill
In todays issue of 'Contract Journal', page 41 under Planning section southeast & London - "BRIGHTON 40M - Detail planning Additional stand seats, hospitality unit and changing rooms, Withdean Stadium Tongdean Lane, Client Brighton & Hove Albion FC

Shammo

Jan 31, 2005
Burgess Hill
What, that the Albion had submitted planning application to the council for £40m to upgrade Withdean ?...........

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I think you'll find that 40M is the code-number for the application.

Not the amount of money being spent on around 2,000 green plastic seats and a couple of portacabins.

Shammo

Jan 31, 2005
Burgess Hill
definitle not a code as has '£' in front of it.......more likely typo.....major typo though....bit of difference £40,000 as opposed to £40,000,000

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wilts said:
Sorry to disappoint, but in the finance world nowadays "M" actually means "k"... "MM" means million...

But this is in a construction industry journal, so will confuse everyone.

Why do the "finance world" live in a different one to the rest of us? Actually, you don't have to answer that!

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Wilts said:
Sorry to disappoint, but in the finance world nowadays "M" actually means "k"... "MM" means million...

As someone who works in the finance world - WHAT?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
sully said:

Why do the "finance world" live in a different one to the rest of us? Actually, you don't have to answer that!

I don't really see that as a problem. In fact I prefer it that way :)

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Faldo said:
As someone who works in the finance world - WHAT?

Its Americanised lingo that seems to run the workplace nowadays (especially in this company which to be fair is American).

I regularly got confused at the beginning about M and MM meaning k and M respectively in traditional metric terminology.

Furthermore, they seem to pronouce FINANCE as "fin" ance rather than "fy"nance. :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here