Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Planned closure on the london underground planned for this weekend

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Simple way of getting there from Brighton - go to London Bridge (as theres not Circle and District from Victoria), use the Jubilee line to West Ham, then change there for the District line to Upton Park (West Ham station is a long walk from Upton Park).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Simple way of getting there from Brighton - go to London Bridge (as theres not Circle and District from Victoria), use the Jubilee line to West Ham, then change there for the District line to Upton Park (West Ham station is a long walk from Upton Park).

Yes but you see that is so difficult for some to grasp even if there were no issues, easily the easiest route

superwomen

Apr 19, 2011
Hove
we have decided to go by train to West Ham as we had our car broken into last time we were up there !!!! plus meeting my two daughters after the match !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
f***ing joke transport in this country.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Looks like bugger all is running on the May Bank Holiday weekend

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldnt call it a joke because they need to do things like replace the track and equipment in general - cant do it during the week as its too busy.

They're always f***ing replacing things as you put it. Do the job properly in the first place I say. What needed replacing on the Jubilee line extension only two years after it opened? That was shut for god knows how many consecutive weekends. Victoria line is always f***ing shut at weekends. Brighton to London always f***ing closed at weekends.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
West Ham have been putting up with this for years happens most weekends.

I dont understand why people get of at West Ham, better of getting off at East Ham ham have a few pints on the way or get of at Upton Park and take a 5min stroll to the ground.

Quite right, Clapham Gull. I'll do my usual transport planning trickery for trips to East London - ideally using Croydon Tramlink, the East London line, the DLR and (possibly) a bus or two. Change at Shadwell - it's the only way.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
eh? I don't follow

I'm presuming the Victoria Line is open ?

You can change at Oxford Circus onto the central line and steam along to Mile End.

That would be my preferred route anyway if coming from Victoria. Us cockneys know to avoid the confusion of the district / central line at all costs.

From Brighton, I'd suggest Beach Huts route.

Last edited:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Or you could drive round the m25 turn of at junction 29 onto the A127 about a mile down the road turn left leading to upminster train station large car park at station then it's 10 stops away on the district line To upton park (25 mins ) car journey takes 70 mins (approx) .

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

You can change at Oxford Circus onto the central line and steam along to Mile End.

That would be my preferred route anyway if coming from Victoria. Us cockneys know to avoid the confusion of the district / central line at all costs.

Oh forgot that way, yeah Victoria line is fine (for once) this weekend. And he STOLE what i said, tsk wheres the credit these days :moo:

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Wouldnt call it a joke because they need to do things like replace the track and equipment in general - cant do it during the week as its too busy.
It's every bleedin' weekend though. I live in SW20 and have to get to Farringdon for work on some Saturdays. They could do it at night if they forked out enough to pay the workers (though admittedly the tube workers are on a ridiculously cushy number because of the union barstewards, like Crowe, but still TfL execs are on ludicrous renumeration packages, which directly prevent the company from minimising inconvenience to the travelling public.) I'd move to Brighton or Hove but the family don't want to (my son is an Arse fan, despite, or maybe because, I took him to the Millwall game at the Amex) and the other half's from Harrow. Admittedly Brighton is a bit provincial, compared to South West London, but it's nice in the summer. I'm kind of out-argued when the subject of Brighton and Hove in the winter is raised.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011

Clapham is not cockney. Any self-respecting resident of 'between the parks' would rather watch Channel 5 all day than admit to being a cockney. Where do you live in Clapham? That boozer on the corner, opposite the department store that got looted, near Clapham Junction station was great for the England games in euro 96.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here