Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Plane gone down in the French Alps?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Sky now reporting the Co Pilot activated the descent and refused to open the cockpit door.

1 Suicide, 149 Murders.

Just imagine for a second if the co-pilot was a muslim. How will this be reported?

If they are it'll be terrorism. If they aren't it'll be a tragedy or the act of a madman.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Just imagine for a second if the co-pilot was a muslim. How will this be reported?

If they are it'll be terrorism. If they aren't it'll be a tragedy or the act of a madman.

Are you really that dim, the horrific terrorist attacks on our airlines and that is all you can deduce out of this, of course that would be a concern, you would need to be particularly stupid not consider that as a motive if that co-pilot was a Muslim.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Absolutely awful if true, this could set a whole new precedent for air safety rules. Not only does the flight deck need to be protected from potential hijackers, there needs to be some kind of failsafe sytem so a pilot or co-pilot can't take over control alone. I read that there have been a few "Pilot Suicide " cases over the years and I heard a plausible argument that last years Malaysian Airways crash South west of Australia could well be another.

This sort of thing could undermine all confidence in airlines unless they introduce solid procedures and psychometric testing of Pilots and aircrew.

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Are you really that dim, the horrific terrorist attacks on our airlines and that is all you can deduce out of this, of course that would be a concern, you would need to be particularly stupid not consider that as a motive if that co-pilot was a Muslim.

Lone muslim comitts atrocity = Terrorism
Lone non muslim comitts atrocity = Actions of a madman.

cf. Anders Breivik

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That'll depend exclusively on the ethnicity of the co-pilot I'd imagine.

Such as? There have, of course, been plenty of white, Caucasian terrorists. The co-pilot was a German national - Germany is a far more multi-cultural society than most Brits have a tendency to realise, for what little that matters.

Anyway, just awful. A tragic accident is a dreadful tragedy enough. But if this is premeditated murder, it's beyond the worst imaginable scenario really. Dreadful stuff.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
For those with hands-on experience, is 630 hours enough experience to be given the responsibility of co-pilot on a commercial airline?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I believe most suspected pilot suicide incidents have been motivated by personal issues rather than religious/terrorist ones. We'll have to wait and see here.

On the issue of protecting from pilots taking control like this, I read most airlines require two pilots at one time in the cockpit, so if one leaves they have to be replaced. Lufthansa however don't operate this policy. I think that will likely become compulsory now. Lufthansa are in deep financial shit. They could go bust as a result.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Lone muslim comitts atrocity = Terrorism
Lone non muslim comitts atrocity = Actions of a madman.

cf. Anders Breivik

Whats your point ?

Is you head so far up your politically correct arse that you cannot even begin to consider a possible Islamist motive if the co-pilot was Muslim.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is all so tragic.

The technology exists to have self flying planes - with the recent airline tragedies, perhaps now is the time to roll it out.

With no pilots to swerve out of the way of military aircraft without transponders on... ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here