Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Places you have lived in , you would never go back to.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You seriously can't be comparing Brum to Brighton ha ha ha ha
I've seen some things on here but that is one of the best ha ha ha
Anyway if you hate Brighton so much why are you on here ?

Oh sorry,I thought the club promoted themselves as being a Sussex team,not just Brighton.Better change the words to Good Old Brighton by the Sea!If you can't see that Brighton is a bit of a dump,try asking visitors why they come.It's certainly not the shopping,theatre,or fine dining!Could it be one of the closest beaches to London?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oh sorry,I thought the club promoted themselves as being a Sussex team,not just Brighton.Better change the words to Good Old Brighton by the Sea!If you can't see that Brighton is a bit of a dump,try asking visitors why they come.It's certainly not the shopping,theatre,or fine dining!Could it be one of the closest beaches to London?

:lolol: Birmingham

Someone from Birmingham slagging off Brighton now, not sure anyone is going to take you seriously.
Brighton always seems busy to me even when it's not beach weather.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Most of the time they answer the pubs, bars and nightlife. Not sure what generation you've been asking.

Heard brum has some decent nightlife, if you enjoy a good stabbing. 4 in one evening was it recently?

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You have to admit that Birmingham, the city, is a pretty horrible place though surely? Certainly nowhere near as nice as Brighton.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene

Have friends who live in kings norton, when ever we stay there, me and misses say : how can people live here!

Good for getting stuff on the cheap , restaurants are cheap and you can even take your own beer from the offie in there, also bought my car from Birmingham and got a great deal!

But it's a dump and a scary place, reminds me of Midlands version of Peckham :sick:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I will trump that with..........Hayes.

I will take your Hayes and give you Northolt.
Lived there for a few years many years ago. Full of white racist scumbags and car thieves.
Anywhere in that area was awful, Greenford, west Drayton etc. Ruislip was not too bad but I have no idea what it is like now.
Moved from there to Ascot talk about one extreme to the other although Ascot would not be everybody's cup of tea as it is full of the most awful snobs but it was a classy place to live.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Never heard of the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine at Birminghams QE hospital?Treated the wounded from Afghanistan,and still does.Don't think they would agree with you calling their home an utter toilet

Little bit OT here, but my Grandfather has a wing at the QE Hospital named after him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I will take your Hayes and give you Northolt.
Lived there for a few years many years ago. Full of white racist scumbags and car thieves.
Anywhere in that area was awful, Greenford, west Drayton etc. Ruislip was not too bad but I have no idea what it is like now.
Moved from there to Ascot talk about one extreme to the other although Ascot would not be everybody's cup of tea as it is full of the most awful snobs but it was a classy place to live.

West Drayton has been twinned with the the Gaza Strip, whilst Ruislip is still a not too bad place to live.
Just have to avoid Waitrose on Tuesdays because of the zimmer faction :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here