Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Places you have lived in , you would never go back to.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Mate of mine lived briefly in Blyth a few years ago. We stayed there before a match against Newcastle and he wouldn't even let us go to the corner shop with a southern accent in case we were set upon.

When he lived in Alnmouth (much nicer) I seem to recall visiting a very dire nightclub in Cramlington.

Alnmouth along with Alnwick are splendid places. On the first night in Blyth there was a shooting in the next pub down the road. Yes it can happen anywhere,but in a small town like Blyth it was quite shocking.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Whalley Range in Manchester, I lived there for 3 months but don't remember too much about it except getting robbed for my chips whilst I was still sprinkling salt on them in the shop.

Ah, Whalley Range. Never as bad as Hulme or Moss Side. Back in the 1980's Fred (an old school friend) was studying Medicine at Manchester University and lived in one of the big old Victorian Houses converted into multi-occupancy Flats on Whalley Range. I would go up for beers and smokes etc. of a weekend. Fred liked reptiles in general and pythons in particular. So he got one (named Monty of course) out of his Grant Money. Monty was a friendly chap and used to like to wrap himself around your arm and fall asleep having had a few live mice for Dinner. Fred had a notice on his Front Door 'Beware of the Snake' and unsurprisingly was never burgled.

Given how ropey the place was back in the day and some of the states we waltzed back from the City Centre in the early hours I'm amazed we were never mugged. I can only presume it was because we clearly had so little dosh that it wasn't worth the trouble. Or we didn't have chips about our persons...

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Galashiels. I did go back once, just to see whether it was as bad as I remembered it from my teenage years, but that itch has been scratched now.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
It was forced upon me:down:
I actually went back through there pre xmas time. Had to pick up some equipment from muslim fest.....never would've happened in my REME days

Fair enough REME is acceptable ,you would never want to live in the Bordoigne area of Hampshire through choice EVER.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Any where I have had a pub as that episode of my life has passed having had good times in most but they would never be the same if I went back there to live. I would consider Munster in Germany where I served in the army.
I was in Munster, loved it there.

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
Reading, and not a nice bit. I'm currently living in Reading bloody West - only white English bloke around I think. My office in the town centre is pretty fancy though so that's a plus.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Cheetham Hill - Manchester. Back in '04, 6 months felt like 6 years. Crack whores on every corner. Saw a man stab another at a bus stop. I once got the bus into town and some pikey chav threw a brick through the window. This is why my studio flat was £275 PCM. The things you do when you're younger to save money.

The Manchester nightlife and cheap ale made up for it (slightly).

Kemp

Apr 23, 2015
Erdington in Brum, the biggest fecking stinking pikey toilet in the West Midland full of scummy Mummys, dole bludgers, thieves, rapists and other human parasites and vermin.
Horrible pubs, skanky pound shops that aren't even the real Poundland shops just rip off ones, all wearing Von Dutch towling tracksuits still and shell suits, absolutely stinks in the high st as well.
Worst place i have ever lived or been too. On par with Croydung.

Totally agree my brother lived in that dump for nearly 10 years !!!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Brighton

In summary

Dirty, full of beggars, students and grafitti, expensive to park, 20mph limits, cars persecuted in favour of buses and bikes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here