Pivotal game against Tranmere

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

richmond

May 30, 2008
It is my belief that the game tomorrow is a pivotal game for the following reasons:
1. A win could lift Albion into the top half of the table and provide the platform for a run towards a playoff position.
2. It will give the boys the rare 'back to back' win.
3. If undefeated it would give the team a three match unbeaten run.
4. Confidence will be high if they win.

It is time for the Albion to decide where their season lies, top half and pushing on or a relegation struggle. I am very wary of Tranmere tomorrow, despite their lowly position and managerial problems, they are due for a win.

I think this is going to be a tough game, not the push over some supporters may think it will be.

Come on Stripes!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Biggest game of the season so far.

Confident, but slightly worried about missing Forster. Time for Dicko or Murray to step up.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Every game is a big game when you are down the bottom of the table.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Argus today is saying it'll be Murray and one of Hart or Dickinson.

Murray has so far been in third gear this season. Hopefully he'll step up a notch tomorrow.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
We need all the wins we can get this month, because one look at November's fixtures shows points will be hard to come by then. I expect a win against the woolybacks tomorrow, a draw or better against Oldham and a thumping win over Hartlepool.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
dickinson has to show everyone what he is really made of , or murray might take his place soon because muarray is playing good IMO :)

I not sure it's that way round. Given how Slade has stuck with Dickinson so much this year, despite the lack of goals (and some performances that were less than stellar) in the first few games of the season, I think Slade has a thing for him. (non-sexual, just a preference).

I think Murray, who is supposed to be a goal scoring machine ("he scores a goal every other game!!!"), has to start putting them in to prove to slade he is giving his all.

Though, chances are, Slade will just play them off each other. If one stops scoring he'll give the other a chance. I think they are close enough in Slade's estimation for him to not see it as a big deal to drop Murray for Dickinson or the other way round, depending on their form. Or maybe I'm projecting my own estimations...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We need all the wins we can get this month, because one look at November's fixtures shows points will be hard to come by then. I expect a win against the woolybacks tomorrow, a draw or better against Oldham and a thumping win over Hartlepool.

I seem to remember a january a few seasons back that looked like it would destroy us, but we ended up getting a lot more points, because our team has a habit of performing against the big teams. Look at Man City and Leicester last year.

I think some of our results this november will surprise us.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I seem to remember a january a few seasons back that looked like it would destroy us, but we ended up getting a lot more points, because our team has a habit of performing against the big teams. Look at Man City and Leicester last year.

I think some of our results this november will surprise us.

hard fixtures but i think i agree with you there

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Murray, who is supposed to be a goal scoring machine ("he scores a goal every other game!!!"),

There's no supposed to it. His record for the Albion is generally one in two. No hysterics or exclamations required, just simple fact.

Also, regarding places in the team...

Russell Slade - "In my opinion Glenn Murray is the best striker outside of League One." - Think that tells you all you need to know really.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
dickinson has to show everyone what he is really made of , or murray might take his place soon because muarray is playing good IMO :)

Did you go on Tue mate ? Murray was a yard short all night.

Coming back from injury so forgiven but he isn't near good yet

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There's no supposed to it. His record for the Albion is generally one in two. No hysterics or exclamations required, just simple fact.

What I mean by supposed to is that he isn't currently doing that. 6 or 7 appearances this season, no goals. I know, some are substitue appearances, but goals/game average on all stats don't take that into consideration.

This season he is not yet scoring goals.

I also say "supposed to" because there's a difference between averaging a goal every other game and scoring a goal every other game.

Also, as I posted in another thread, his career goal/game rate is 0.32 which is closer to one in three (Dickinson's is over 0.4, so if we're using these to pick a team, Dickinson should be in).

Also, regarding places in the team...Russell Slade - "In my opinion Glenn Murray is the best striker outside of League One." - Think that tells you all you need to know really.

That it's an outdated quote? That slade knows Murray is on his way to a league two team? That Slade doesn't think Murray is good enough for League 1? :jester:

That as well as thinking dickinson is one of his starting men he has high regard for Murray? Really, I didn't say he hates murray, I said he sees them on a similar level.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
6 or 7 appearances this season, no goals.

THIS suggests you definitely have something against Murray, as that's clearly bollocks. He has made TWO starts. At most it's 0 goals in 3 games, if that minutes wise.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I do not like this hatred againstt Murray...

If we do not win Saturday i really think its time Slade goes, remember we beat Carlise and everyone thought we were going to be amazing. We slipped into the relegation places. We need a double win and only then can we think about possibly coming mid table. At the moment we are looking towards relegation.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
THIS suggests you definitely have something against Murray, as that's clearly bollocks. He has made TWO starts. At most it's 0 goals in 3 games, if that minutes wise.

I clearly mention it is appearances and that it includes substitute appearances. And I've mentioned that it is tradition that substitute appearances are usually included in stats like these. It isn't murray hate, it is statistical tradition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports