Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch size

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
I heard/read that only Man City's pitch is bigger in the English leagues. Is that right?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
It cant be a bigger pitch, Im pretty sure that the Amex, Eastlands (not OT) and Wembley are the maximum size for a Football pitch

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It cant be a bigger pitch, Im pretty sure that the Amex, Eastlands (not OT) and Wembley are the maximum size for a Football pitch

Ours, I think, is the largest allowed for European football. Domestically, it could be bigger and still be within the rules. Whether other pitches are... not sure.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just 5 yards longer I think. But if my lousy maths are right that's an extra 375 square yards to exploit.... a lot. I'm surprised it's the same width to be honest as to me it looks a lot wider than Withdean so I'm not convinced the 110x75 listed everywhere for the old place is correct.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Actually I've now seen Withdean listed as 110x70 in a few places which is more realistic.. meaning there would be (I think) an extra 900 square yards of grass at The Amex. No wonder Gus wants pace... Lua Lua and the skilful players are going to love it. So will Spurs... oh well.. :)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
115x75 is a sort of standard (it's midway between the min and max 120-110 and 70-80). I'm sure I read that the Amex pitch is wider than this. I believe the Withdean pitch was only 68 yards wide despite what a few websites stated.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As mentioned above, it's the maximum size allowed for UEFA competitions. And having done the conversion from metres that is 115x75 yards as Art Vs Science said. Based on pitch dimensions from the season before last, that would have made it the equal fifth largest in the Premier League with Wolves. Only the two Manchester clubs, Blackburn and Everton (shorter but wider) were bigger in terms of square yardage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here