Pink Floyd founder member dies

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Floyd founder Wright dies at 65
Richard Wright
Wright wrote songs on albums including Dark Side Of The Moon

Pink Floyd keyboard player and founder member Richard Wright has died aged 65 from cancer.

Wright appeared on the group's first album, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, in 1967 alongside lead guitarist Syd Barrett, Roger Waters and Nick Mason.

Dave Gilmour joined the band at the start of 1968 while Barrett left the group shortly afterwards.

Wright penned songs on classic albums including Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here.

Wright's spokesman said: "The family of Richard Wright, founder member of Pink Floyd, announce with great sadness that Richard died today after a short struggle with cancer.

"The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this difficult time."

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's a real shame.

Means the original Floyd will never do that long rumoured will-they-won't-they reunion tour, with none of them ruling it out except grumpy old Dave.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That's a real shame.

Means the original Floyd will never do that long rumoured will-they-won't-they reunion tour, with none of them ruling it out except grumpy old Dave.

I thought the problem was more that Water's ego makes him impossible to work with?!?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't think so. Waters was completely up for the Live Aid gig, and for a subsequent tour. Only Gilmour needed talking round.

Waters has admitted that in the past he had become a control freak, but that's in regards to studio and general band day to day existence. I'm not for ONE SECOND suggesting they should(/'ve) gone back into the studio.

Just asking for one last world tour.

Wow - just read this after playing some early Floyd singles this evening....including 'Paint Box', his first recorded composition and the first single track of theirs not to have been written by Syd Barrett (also RIP).
That's a co-incidence, but I'm sad to hear he's popped his clogs.

Well then here's that song, in tribute;

[yt]mMZwjYPm1z8[/yt]

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That's a real shame.

There's always the option for a great gig in the sky I guess
:jester:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Pink Floyd ,an icon of the music that many of us grew uo with,youjust cannot explain those so personal moments.However they were real and will never be forgotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here