Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Piers Morgan v Rudi Gulliani

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Sounded like sucked up to me. I couldn’t give a fvck if he said fvcked up, but I don’t think he did.

But if that’s what TV interviews are like nowadays then I’m glad I watch almost no telly these days.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Does seem as though Morgan is box office for ITV, ratings through the roof

He is pure tabloid though, loves a scrap, loves publicity.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Morgan getting a dose of his own medicine - someone ranting and interrupting.......didn't like it did he.......
:wanker:

If you think that Morgan didn't like that, I think that you don't know what motivates him. He would have been loving every minute of it, a chance to sound off and sound like the reasonable voice against an sitting target, meanwhile at the back of his mind there would have been a parade going on celebrating the attention he knew it would bring him.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
More worrying is the level of political discourse nowadays. That sort of response would have been career ending 10 years ago. Now it's par for the course.

Trump knows full well that his ignorant opinionated, bullish stance will be lapped up by his supporters and will sway a proportion of the undecideds, who see his intolerance as strength.
Whichever data company that has filled the void since the demise of cambridge analytica, will do the rest.

Politics is no longer about who has the best policies.
It's about polarising opinion and making sure the electorate can be swayed to believe your opponent is the enemy.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Morgan is a wind up merchant. That is what he does

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I watched the Madeleine McCann stuff he did this morning. And he did wind me up with that.

The "what if she had been black argument" is highly credible. But you could make that argument for every other child whose gone missing in the last 13 years regardless of skin colour. The McCanns made a conscious decision to use the press to assist in the search for their daughter and the press lapped it up. It was the press's constant obsession with this case which has kept it in the public eye through the strategy adopted by the parents - I think bringing race into it was pretty hypocritical.

If Kate and Gerry McCann had different coloured skin would it have made any difference? I really don't know but yet again, Morgan absolves the press of any responsibility for the way things are being reported.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Weird how Morgan has managed to reinvent himself from queen of the gammons to the voice of reason. Did he just wake up one day and realise all the phone hacking etc was a mistake, then change his ways? Was he always of the opinions he has now but decided to hide it for career purposes? All very odd.

Very odd. It's telling that in this interview Rudi is equally perplexed "I used to like you". Is he now treading a completely neutral bipartisan journalistic thread? It will confuse the hell out of many other politicians who perhaps saw him as a 'friendly'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm conflicted about Piers Morgan.

He's clearly very intelligent. You don't become the editor of a daily red top in your 20's without incredible talent. That said, some of the mistakes he's made have been career-ending, yet he's managed to Teflon himself and bumble on. I don't really like his brand of 'opinion' journalism, yet I've found myself agreeing with him more frequently than I did in the past. He's been one of the very few mainstream journalists who've been consistently right about COVID-19 and held Government ministers to account. Perhaps it's a sad indictment of the level of journalism in this country that Piers Morgan is the person hauling our politicians over the coals, but is that Piers' fault?

He's a loudmouth, he's arrogant and he's entitled. But he's also considered and astute at cleverly backing interviewees into a corner. I sort of dislike the man, but respect his talent at holding parliamentarians to account.

I won't dispute his talent or intellect, but he's basically a populist rabble rouser.

Much like our PM, in his pomp, Piers stands back looks to see what way everybody is running then shouts 'quick follow me'.

He was poleaxed by 51% Brexit.
But Covid and now BLM where the lines drawn are pretty clear, he can get out his drum and preen himself knowing most aren't going to say:-

'f##k off you tw@t'.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Piers morgan - a man who hacked people’s phones and faked dead soldier photos for his own gain, he doesn’t hold anyone to account I’ve seen several interviews with government officials that’s he’s done and he shouts at people and doesn’t engage in conversation, in addition to this his social media twitter posts have been disgusting throughout this whole crisis - he takes glee in the death toll rising.

How people don’t see he’s simply using the platform he has to further his ego I don’t know but each to their own if you like him.

Bit of a stretch that. He printed photos he believed to be genuine. He didn't fake them in his shed for a laugh.

Also, I've seen no glee on his twitter at all. Just incredulity at the absolutely abysmal Government handling. Perhaps you should save your venom for Boris Johnson who hailed 60,000 dead as "a huge success".

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Weird how Morgan has managed to reinvent himself from queen of the gammons to the voice of reason. Did he just wake up one day and realise all the phone hacking etc was a mistake, then change his ways? Was he always of the opinions he has now but decided to hide it for career purposes? All very odd.

Christ I hate to be the one to defend him not once, but twice..

How is he 'queen of the gammons'? He was always anti-Brexit, but accepted the vote and thought we may as well get on with it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting seeing the polarised views on twitter - either Guiliani is an incoherent fool/pissed, or he 'owned' Morgan..................

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
More worrying is the level of political discourse nowadays. That sort of response would have been career ending 10 years ago. Now it's par for the course.

Trump knows full well that his ignorant opinionated, bullish stance will be lapped up by his supporters and will sway a proportion of the undecideds, who see his intolerance as strength.
Whichever data company that has filled the void since the demise of cambridge analytica, will do the rest.

Politics is no longer about who has the best policies.
It's about polarising opinion and making sure the electorate can be swayed to believe your opponent is the enemy.

Very astute post.

It started moving that way in '97. The country was ready for a change and Blair's policies and maneuvering way outgunned Major, but personality played a part. It really because obvious when Cameron defeated Brown in 2010. I don't buy 'the economy' won that election because Brown was trusted with that, even if Labour weren't. This was a personality game and Brown has trounced on that front.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I won't dispute his talent or intellect, but he's basically a populist rabble rouser.

Much like our PM, in his pomp, Piers stands back looks to see what way everybody is running then shouts 'quick follow me'.

He was poleaxed by 51% Brexit.
But Covid and now BLM where the lines drawn are pretty clear, he can get out his drum and preen himself knowing most aren't going to say:-

'f##k off you tw@t'.

I take it you haven't read the replies to every single one of his tweets? :lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bit of a stretch that. He printed photos he believed to be genuine. He didn't fake them in his shed for a laugh.

Also, I've seen no glee on his twitter at all. Just incredulity at the absolutely abysmal Government handling. Perhaps you should save your venom for Boris Johnson who hailed 60,000 dead as "a huge success".

I see you’re one of the many Karen’s who believes shouting at someone is holding them to account. I’ve blocked him on twitter anyway, if you follow him and haven’t noticed how he only posts when the death toll goes up then I suggest you go back and have a look.

As for his past, knowingly or not he printed false pictures on a national newspaper and put families of the people in the picture through turmoil, how he’s weedled his way into one of the most prominent positions on daytime TV I don’t know.

From this
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....d-the-truth-that-wont-go-away-563576.html?amp

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it you haven't read the replies to every single one of his tweets? :lolol:

:lolol: old habits die hard.

But you know what I mean.
Recently he's been on fairly solid ground so his 'schtick' gets turned up to 11.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Piers morgan - a man who hacked people’s phones and faked dead soldier photos for his own gain, he doesn’t hold anyone to account I’ve seen several interviews with government officials that’s he’s done and he shouts at people and doesn’t engage in conversation, in addition to this his social media twitter posts have been disgusting throughout this whole crisis - he takes glee in the death toll rising.

How people don’t see he’s simply using the platform he has to further his ego I don’t know but each to their own if you like him.

That's saved me the effort of typing it,thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here