Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pierre Emile-Hojbjerg

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
We defo need a player who is prem ready to play in the middle of the park. We will get over run on Saturday in this department and it won't be an enjoyable watch. Hojbjerg would be a perfect fit for the short term. I bet if offered to RDZ right now he would want him...but as we all know he won't be as its not the Brighton way. After seeing Webster on Sat I think I would even welcome back Cucurella right now!

Last edited:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Here's what Chat GPT thinks

Will Hughes!!!! - It's a no from me you weird AI thingy

As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, I can suggest a few defensive midfielders who might be of interest to Brighton and Hove Albion. However, please note that player transfers and team interests can change rapidly in the world of football. Here are some potential options:

1. Oriol Romeu: A strong defensive midfielder who was playing for Southampton. He has good ball-winning abilities and is known for his ability to break up opposition attacks.
  2. Harrison Reed: Another former Southampton player who moved to Fulham. He's a young and energetic midfielder who could provide solidity in the midfield.
  3. Pierre-Emile Højbjerg: While he has already moved to Tottenham Hotspur, at the time of my last update, he was a solid defensive midfielder with strong passing and tackling skills.
  4. Philip Billing: A Danish midfielder who was playing for Bournemouth. He has a good physical presence and can contribute both defensively and offensively.
  5. Andreas Samaris: A Greek midfielder who was playing for Benfica. He's known for his ability to control the midfield and break up opposition play.
  6. Will Hughes: An English midfielder who was playing for Watford. He's versatile and can play in various midfield roles, including as a defensive midfielder.
  7. João Palhinha: A Portuguese midfielder who was playing for Sporting CP. He's a strong presence in the midfield and could provide defensive stability.
  8. Sander Berge: A Norwegian midfielder who was playing for Sheffield United. He's known for his physicality and passing range.
Please keep in mind that the availability and suitability of these players might have changed since my last update. It's recommended to check the latest transfer news and scouting reports for the most up-to-date information on potential defensive midfield targets for Brighton and Hove Albion.

NOTE - Or NSC of course

He's absolutely appalling. Talks the good talk, about attitude/hard work/cliche cliche cliche, but he's a classic pointy arms, shouting at others to cover up for his own deficiencies kind of player. Very pedestrian passer, 90% sideways and non progressive, good positional sense but a crap tackler. Scores maybe 5 a season, and will occasionally somehow pull out a decent through ball from bloody nowhere. Which if anything makes him more annoying!
Spurs fans (of which i am one, of course) f***ing hate him, and would happily parcel him up and deliver him pretty much anywhere. I cant see RDZ wanting him if he's even spent ten minutes watching him. I'd dearly love to flog him to Man Utd for £40m cos they're classic overpayers for dross, but you should really be looking elsewhere.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Here's what Chat GPT thinks

Will Hughes!!!! - It's a no from me you weird AI thingy

As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, I can suggest a few defensive midfielders who might be of interest to Brighton and Hove Albion. However, please note that player transfers and team interests can change rapidly in the world of football. Here are some potential options:

1. Oriol Romeu: A strong defensive midfielder who was playing for Southampton. He has good ball-winning abilities and is known for his ability to break up opposition attacks.
  2. Harrison Reed: Another former Southampton player who moved to Fulham. He's a young and energetic midfielder who could provide solidity in the midfield.
  3. Pierre-Emile Højbjerg: While he has already moved to Tottenham Hotspur, at the time of my last update, he was a solid defensive midfielder with strong passing and tackling skills.
  4. Philip Billing: A Danish midfielder who was playing for Bournemouth. He has a good physical presence and can contribute both defensively and offensively.
  5. Andreas Samaris: A Greek midfielder who was playing for Benfica. He's known for his ability to control the midfield and break up opposition play.
  6. Will Hughes: An English midfielder who was playing for Watford. He's versatile and can play in various midfield roles, including as a defensive midfielder.
  7. João Palhinha: A Portuguese midfielder who was playing for Sporting CP. He's a strong presence in the midfield and could provide defensive stability.
  8. Sander Berge: A Norwegian midfielder who was playing for Sheffield United. He's known for his physicality and passing range.
Please keep in mind that the availability and suitability of these players might have changed since my last update. It's recommended to check the latest transfer news and scouting reports for the most up-to-date information on potential defensive midfield targets for Brighton and Hove Albion.

NOTE - Or NSC of course
I can't think of a midfielder less like Bissouma and Caicedo than Will Hughes. Never in a million years is he a DM. He's more of a very weak number 10 with Zaha syndrome.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I get why people are suggesting him, but not for me clive. Limited footballer in my opinion.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
This would cause me major fan dilemmas as I've most definitely booed his capacity for falling over mortally wounded at the slightest downdraft from the wing of an overflying seagull. And I think it might have been him that threw a ball on the pitch unpunished at the Spurs fiasco last season to prevent Solly taking a quick corner, in which case I definitely called into question the robustness of his character and may have nodded approvingly at the views of those around me doubting the legitimacy of his paternal lineage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here