Piercey's performance

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Is it any wonder that supporters are reluctant to contribute to the 'Alive and Kicking' appeal when players like Piercey are given contracts?

IMHO he should have been on his way with David Lee, not given a further 12 months to prove himself.

If he was going to make it he would have already have made it; the money we have wasted on him could have been put towards a half decent striker.

tadley gull said:
Is it any wonder that supporters are reluctant to contribute to the 'Alive and Kicking' appeal

I noticed many more new names in the programme today contributing to "Alive and Kicking" compared with two weeks ago against Leeds, and the total had gone up by more than £20,000.

Well done everyone :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
tadley gull said:
Is it any wonder that supporters are reluctant to contribute to the 'Alive and Kicking' appeal when players like Piercey are given contracts?

IMHO he should have been on his way with David Lee, not given a further 12 months to prove himself.

If he was going to make it he would have already have made it; the money we have wasted on him could have been put towards a half decent striker.

I agree but then I have never rated him even in the lower league he has the odd good moment and then numerous bad.

Send him packing .... if he will go.

Jameson

Crowd got on his back yesterday. Clearly not yet match fit in my opinion but he was played way out of position so what's the point of having a go at him? If anything ask McGhee why no forwards on the bench - eg Molengo, Jarrett, Robinson?

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
I think Piercy can offer something to the side when he is fit. Which he clearly isn't at the moment, having only come back from serious illness a few weeks ago. It's pretty obvious he is not a popular player and yesterday didn't help.

To say Jake Robinson isn't ready I still think you have to have a forward option on the bench.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
tadley gull said:

So basically what you are saying is that a bloke who has been seriously ill with a delibatating(sp) disease, who has played one full game in the last year or so, has trained like hell to get back on his feet, who was played out of position yesterday, who hasn't played with this team for ages and is expected to come into the side and be our saviour?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My view of Piercey is not based on yesterdays performance because nobody did anything to enhance their reputation but is based on what I have seen of him since he has been here.

I belive that he is a luxury at times and plays some good football but overall his contribution hasn't been sufficient to warrant a further 12 month contract. As has been said many times Football is about opinions that is why you have succesful managers and some not so.

Last edited:

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
I think you are all being very critical but you do have a point. Piercy wasn't all that yesterday but this man has been suffering from colitis and takes 6 pills a day to stop his intestine from swelling, and quote dave the gaffer he has "trained like hell to get back on his feet"

From the evidence of his performances last season, he puts so much effort into his game and really tried hard to please you all and he scored quite a few as well. He definately earned his 12 month contract and once fit, I believe he can do a job for us in this division.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Piercey's performance

dave the gaffer said:
So basically what you are saying is that a bloke who has been seriously ill with a delibatating(sp) disease, who has played one full game in the last year or so, has trained like hell to get back on his feet, who was played out of position yesterday, who hasn't played with this team for ages and is expected to come into the side and be our saviour?

:clap:

Quite right. Wait till he's fit, play him in his favoured left-wing position and you'll see the best of him.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Piercy has talent and it was unfair to play him yesterday when he is clearly not match fit.

He should be getting 20 minutes at the end of games until he is ready.

He is one of the few creative players we have and will come good. Give him time. If he does not play well when fit after a run of half a dozen games then maybe people will have a point.

You cannot come back after that length of time and illness and show your worth unless you are given a good run in the team to readjust.

Anyone who saw his goal against Wycombe last season cannot doubt the boy has talent.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There is no cure for colitis, it will flare up again in the future. It may seem cruel, but can we afford to carry another passenger?

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
I'm not questioning his commitment to getting fit and wanting to play football.

Nor am I criticising his performance. I'm sure he did the best he could yesterday and I certainly didn't boo or cheer ironically when he was brought off.

What I am saying is that we need someone who can put the ball in the net, not another midfield player with, as yet, unrealised potential.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think Piercy (when fit) will offer us something different.

Nicolas and Oatway are certainly defense minded and althought Carpenter scores goals he does not create them often.

Other then Currie I think we are lacking a creative spark. I think IF fit Piercy could be this spark.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Richie Morris said:
Piercy has talent and it was unfair to play him yesterday when he is clearly not match fit.

He should be getting 20 minutes at the end of games until he is ready.

He is one of the few creative players we have and will come good. Give him time. If he does not play well when fit after a run of half a dozen games then maybe people will have a point.

You cannot come back after that length of time and illness and show your worth unless you are given a good run in the team to readjust.

Anyone who saw his goal against Wycombe last season cannot doubt the boy has talent.

I'm with Morris on that!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We have over a dozen midfielders, how many do we need? And don't say he's a striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports