Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pictures in signatures?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
just a random question

why cant we have pictures in signatures?!

2gv98jk.jpg

just made this and I cant use it! >.<

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
there disabled on the forum for some reason :eek:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
there disabled on the forum for some reason :eek:

But Mr Orange has one...

Oh, and for the sake of complete pedantry I should say "it's THEY'RE disabled". No offence, like.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
But Mr Orange has one...

Oh, and for the sake of complete pedantry I should say it's "THEY'RE disabled". No offence, like.
Corrected
:thumbsup:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I would imagine they would take up a lot of bandwidth on the site and therefore have been disabled.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Images in signatures are turned off because they look shit. Boards that allow large graphical signatures look horrendous to my eye and the discussion, that should be the main focus, seems almost an afterthought as the reader is distracted by all manner of brightly coloured large graphical monstrosities.

You can 'express yourself' graphically with both your avatar and your profile picture, as well as being able to modify your profile page. Additionally you can a reasonable degree of latitude with the signature itself.

I've had signatures and avatars turned off when I view NSC for years now - it is a far cleaner way of using the site. Briefly, when NSC logs me out for some reason, I become exposed to the hell that are the avatars and signatures that people use and my eyes bleed.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Images in signatures are turned off because they look shit. Boards that allow large graphical signatures look horrendous to my eye and the discussion, that should be the main focus, seems almost an afterthought as the reader is distracted by all manner of brightly coloured large graphical monstrosities.

You can 'express yourself' graphically with both your avatar and your profile picture, as well as being able to modify your profile page. Additionally you can a reasonable degree of latitude with the signature itself.

I've had signatures and avatars turned off when I view NSC for years now - it is a far cleaner way of using the site. Briefly, when NSC logs me out for some reason, I become exposed to the hell that are the avatars and signatures that people use and my eyes bleed.

Word. Clutter clutter clutter

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I agree. I was having a laugh reading the Swindon Town forum (Jonathan Douglas would never leave for a club like Brighton, Greer was having an affair with another players wife etc) and there is one poster who has a massive photo of the crowd as his signature. Every time he posted, all you could see was one line followed by a huge photo of their fans. Only get 1 or 2 posts before having to scroll down again!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

This, as they say.

So much easier to read without having to look at someone else's idea of being wacky

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Agree with the signature bit but I like avatars - I identify people by them - I guess my mind sees them as a visual representation of the poster that I have never met and so can't put a face to the name.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Agree with the signature bit but I like avatars - I identify people by them - I guess my mind sees them as a visual representation of the poster that I have never met and so can't put a face to the name.

Shucks :blush: you must think i'm a beaut!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here