Phone Repairs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I cracked mine recently celebrating our goal against derby? Wasn't expecting us to score so soon so I kept up with my phone on my lap.

Idiot.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
You know what, on Saturday as the second equaliser went in I was in the middle of a text.... I had to quickly put it in my pocket whilst my friends were in the process of grabbing me THEN allow myself to go mental.

And all for NOTHING.

Last edited:

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Wife's iphone was repaired by these Bton people.

A year on one character of the iphone wouldnt work, rendering it useless.

Bit the bullet and took it to he apple shop.
They found that the repairer had GLUED a cheap glass. The iphone has been destroyed.

Although a rip off, best to go to apple or your network provider, unfortunately.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Having managed over a year of not smashing his iPhone screen, Junior did it again the other week so currently sent off for repair via insurers.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Wife's iphone was repaired by these Bton people.

A year on one character of the iphone wouldnt work, rendering it useless.

Bit the bullet and took it to he apple shop.
They found that the repairer had GLUED a cheap glass. The iphone has been destroyed.

Although a rip off, best to go to apple or your network provider, unfortunately.

Thanks for the heads up :/ No insurance though unfortunately. So basically, f***.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks for the heads up :/ No insurance though unfortunately. So basically, f***.

There is a place in Shoreham that does them and also some bloke who advertised in Hove but cannot remember how we got their number in, try Friday add

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Got my screen repaired locally, just off Western Road, dropped it off at 9 and picked up at lunchtime
Phone and Tablet Repairs

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought that the glass screens on the 4 were easy to replace with just a question of undoing a couple of screws..certainly is lik tht on the 4s

Edit..forget that it's the back that's easy to replace..oops

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
More specifically, cracked iphone(4) screens. I've just done mine in and it looks like a spiders web

Anyone know anywhere local who'll do it for cheaper than £70 - iPhone Repair London Brighton UK - We Come To You! iPhone Screen Repair London although this lot will come to me and do it within 15 mins.

(@Mendoza, believe it or not I didn't do it out of RAGE :facepalm: )
My son in law sent off for a new screen for the 3 model and did it himself. My wife has it now and it works perfectly. I will try and find out how much and how he did it.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
tried complete fone' i think theyre called, in baker street brighotn- oposite the old co-op.

They recently replaced the (faulty, not broken) touchscreen on my htc wildfire for £30. most other shops werent interested / quoted waay too much.

Complete Fone Solutions
40 Baker Street
Brighton, East Sussex BN1 4JN
0845 838 0728

Last edited:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Tim will fix it in Hove has just done mine for 45 quid, a bit duller now but all works fine.

apple will replace your whole phone for 130 quid if you give your old one in. They don't replace the screen apparently as something important (cant remember what) is built into the actual screen.

Don't send it off, 50 50 chance of ever seeing it again.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Tim will fix it in Hove has just done mine for 45 quid, a bit duller now but all works fine.

apple will replace your whole phone for 130 quid if you give your old one in. They don't replace the screen apparently as something important (cant remember what) is built into the actual screen.

Don't send it off, 50 50 chance of ever seeing it again.

Bit duller probably means that he isn't using Apple parts. Mine have come back in perfect condition both times less than 48 hours after I sent it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you don't fancy doing it yourself (see my post above), then UKIPODREPAIRS are based in the Tungsten Building just south of Fishersgate station off the A259 coast road to Shoreham, and they will fix it while you wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports