Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone help

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
Hey guys, need some help deciding what new phone to get. I've narrowed it down to a few, Samsung galaxy s2, Htc sensation and htc sensation xl what one is best? ATM I'm most convinced with Samsung galaxy s2 and I found some great deals on uswitch mobile here is the link it is great for finding deals, trust. Samsung Galaxy S2 Deals - Compare the Best Deals Offers - uSwitch.com but anyway thanks guys and if you have a suggestion for a different phone do tell.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Rank of preference:

iPhones
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
HTC phones
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Everything else.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It gets trounced by nearly every phone on the battery life !

Can't remember the last time my iPhone conked out on me. Pretty easy to just stick it on charge every so often.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I've had an iPhone 4s for a couple of months now and whilst it is expensive it is a tremendous bit of kit. If you factor in the reality that it is a camera and mp3 player as well as a phone then the price becomes a bit more bearable. My mate has a Samsung Galaxy S2 and loves it having chosen it over the iPhone. Just don't get a Blackberry.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I had an Iphone which i loved. I now have an htc Sensation which i love just as much.
They both have their pro's and cons.
The Iphone is great but i hate itunes. You are so restricted with apple as to what you can do.
With my htc i can download a lot more. There is an app called music paradise. It allows you to listen too or download any song you can think of for free, but the main reason i would go for an htc is the fact that i can use flash player. There is an app called Skyfire and it allows me to use seagulls player. I am away most weekends working and with the htc i can listen to the match, you cant with the iphone (dont think its got flash yet).
Both great phones, but the htc edges it for me because you are not restricted in its use.

That's about the biggest lie going. There's a zillion articles on this, here's one: Why the iPhone's Battery Life Beats Android Phones' - Yahoo! News

Absolutely this. In my experience (I have an HTC Desire HD and have friends with iPhones) the iPhone battery is much better, and also doesn't degrade to the same degree with age. The only advantage that my phone has is that I am able to replace the battery, so I bought a couple of spares and carry them around - still it's a hassle and I'd much rather just have a phone with a decent battery in the first place.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fanboy shit aside, the fact is all modern smartphones are incredible devices that you are very unlikely to be disappointed with.

My caution on the Android side of the fence would be with regard to locking yourself into an 18 or 24 month contract since there will be a better phone out nearly every week. That's no problem in itself - it's the way of the technology world - but when HTC have 17 newer phones than yours out you might find support, particularly OS updates, are difficult to come by meaning you miss out on funky new features and enhancements. This 'feature' of the Android ecosystem is quite well documented.

If you pay cash for the phone up front and can move it on when you choose then this is not an issue.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've had smartphones from Nokia, HTC, Ericsson and now got an iPhone. It was a huge toss up between a Galaxy s2, Galaxy Nexus (A mate has one) or iPhone. I chose the iPhone and can honestly say it's not been found lacking in any respect. My mate with the Nexus says exactly the same.
At the end of the day both are very good phones and you probably wont regret either.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have a Galaxy S2. I'm pretty happy with it. I got it when it was fairly new - surely the next model must be out soon- it is worth waiting a month or so?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Tried Iphone4s, GalaxyS2 and Htc sensation xe. Close between the last two but got on with the Htc that bit more. They're all very nice bits of kit but didn't even feel the Iphone was close, even though I went in intending to get one. I do feel that even though they make some very good & some ok products apple is becoming more of a club one is made to feel one ought to belong to than a manufacturer of products that can all stand on their own as valid competition for what else out there ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here