Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phil Neville....

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Goes from ba to worse..........
Phil Neville???? Sorry but that's not even remotely funny.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's very understated, but he knows the game.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He makes Andy Townsend look good, he is a shite commentator

no, because while the delivery is poor, what he says is ok. unlike i-only-recal-the-past-minute Townsend.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Neville knows what he's talking about, he's just so shit house monotone

Unfortunately controlling the pitch and tone of your voice is half the job as commentator. To be fair I'd prefer him to that thick as shit c*nt Mark Bright whose voice ranges from miserable whiny northern c*nt to squeaky northern c*nt. Palarse bellend.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I bloody hate the way he pauses 2 or 3 times in every sentence. Nearly turned the sound off last night.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
He spoilt the game for me, if it had not been for the main commentary I would have turned the mute on, absolutely boring, so monotone , and describing the obvious, no passion.

Will he continue with the rest of the games ?

Glad he did not get our job, would have bored the players to death.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
And it's such a weird, rising monotone, as if you've suddenly tuned into the last couple of furlongs of a racing commentary. A style of delivery so off-putting that you lose focus on what would otherwise be well worth hearing.

This is a bang on description. Monotone but at a very weird level. Not dull, not excited just a mid range monotone very irritating style. He needs to go.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This is a bang on description. Monotone but at a very weird level. Not dull, not excited just a mid range monotone very irritating style. He needs to go.

Just be grateful his brother was not on the panel for the pre/post and half time chat, monotone turned into duotone, both of them could send a glass eye to sleep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here