Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phil Collins. Why ?

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
In 1998 I went to Florida.
On arriving at Orlando airport the guy checking passports says to me "Did anyone ever tell you you look like Phil Collins?"
Stunned, I weighed up the options.....

Somehow I resisted replying "Did anyone ever tell you you look like a xxxx?" & had a jolly good holiday.

I have got a Phil-like widows peak situation up top though.:glare:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I seem to remember a time when the playlist on the average pro footballer's walkman would be Phil Collins, Luther Vandross etc. etc.

Uncanny how much he sounded like Gabriel when he took over the vocals for Genesis.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Strike said:
Phil Collins legend, he went to school in Sussex (Christs Hospital).

Yes but so did Atilla and he can't sing either. :lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...so did one of my neighbours in Gloucester, and I don't think he can sing...or write poetry come to think of it.

E

enigma

Strike said:
Phil Collins legend, he went to school in Sussex (Christs Hospital).

I have never heard that before, are you sure its true.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
he used to live in Sussex I know that much, Loxwood to be precise....or somewhere near there, got a recording studio where Genesis did a load of stuff, one of the best around aswell.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought he went to Charterhouse but it would have spoiled my joke.

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
Despite the infamous fax episode he could be a genuinely nice bloke too.

I had a friend years ago with Muscular Dystrophy who worked at Fowler Bros swimming pools in Partridge Green. They used to run the maintainance contract for Phil Collin's pool at his house at Loxwood.

I know that he personally visited her at the office on a number of occasions bringing her flowers and bits of memrobelia and made a real fuss of her.

In terms of judging whether his music's good/cool or not you have to consider the length of his career. There are not many artists who manage to appeal to the breadth of fans he did for the length of time he has without some people having adverse comments about his work.

If you're in your late 30's like me you'll probably have got some of his Genesis or early solo stuff in your collections somewhere.

And I like it!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I have steered clear of his singing career but his drumming has always been excellent; just listen to John Martyn's Grace & Danger.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
dougdeep said:
I thought he went to Charterhouse but it would have spoiled my joke.

I think all the other tossers from Genesis APART from Phil C****ns went to Charterhouse. He grew up in Chiswick and as far as I know went to a "normal" school.

I don't think any of them went to Christ's Hospital.

Dandyman

In London village.
Shankly Seagull said:

If you're in your late 30's like me you'll probably have got some of his Genesis or early solo stuff in your collections somewhere.

And I like it!

I'm in my early 40's and pleased to say I would rather drown in vat of Palace fans excrement than own anything by either Genesis or that talentless little tory twat.

Last edited:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Phil Collins is a legend - end of.

Record sales prove that, his latest tour sold out in hours, the guy is a musical genious and a really nice bloke to go with it.

Any doubters then :salute:

Phil Collins = God :angel:

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Munchkin said:
Phil Collins is a legend - end of.

Record sales prove that, his latest tour sold out in hours, the guy is a musical genious and a really nice bloke to go with it.

Any doubters then :salute:

Phil Collins = God :angel:

At a guess you also own a Mondeo and shop at Mr Byrite, am I right ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here