PFA Championship team

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The offer obviously wasnt good enough and perhaps we are not competitive with wages etc as he isnt the first to turn us down.

How do you know the offer wasn't good enough? The answer is you don't, maybe we offered exactly the same as Sheffield Wednesday and he decided to join them as it was possible he didn't want to uproot his family from their northern roots. There are many considerations to take into account exactly the same considerations anyone would have when considering a new job. I could be offered twice what I am on now but would have a tough time convincing my other half it would be a good move for us to uproot and move away from family and friends just for more money. A professional footballer would be no different.

He won't be the last player to turn us down, to a player it's a job and they will do what is best for them and their family, it isn't always about going to the club that offer the most.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How do you know the offer wasn't good enough? The answer is you don't, maybe we offered exactly the same as Sheffield Wednesday and he decided to join them as it was possible he didn't want to uproot his family from their northern roots. There are many considerations to take into account exactly the same considerations anyone would have when considering a new job. I could be offered twice what I am on now but would have a tough time convincing my other half it would be a good move for us to uproot and move away from family and friends just for more money. A professional footballer would be no different.

He won't be the last player to turn us down, to a player it's a job and they will do what is best for them and their family, it isn't always about going to the club that offer the most.

As it is for a short period, especially at his age 31, and having played in the Premier so earned good money I would think it was mostly wages orientated as Mandaric would have offered the earth. Although it must be said the clubs he has played for have all been up north. and he originates from Manchester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports