Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition to BAN Richard Hebbard for 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Anything that fights the rules/system is good but I can't see the club listening to NSC, they seem to distance themselves with this chat forum at most opportunities.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anything that fights the rules/system is good but I can't see the club listening to NSC, they seem to distance themselves with this chat forum at most opportunities.

Bar campaigning for a new stadium, naturally

Your support for the stewarding is quite impressive, Mr Stunt Arse.

However, the only 'escalation' of this was prompted by the complete lack of respect for a fan who has been a Withdean STH since the first season. I'd suggest treating your most loyal customers well does mean 'shit'.. otherwise you'll start to lose them.

Hang on, at no point have I said anywhere about who was at fault. I said the incident escalated which means the stewards would have to report it. I'm not defending the stewards at all, more I'm defending the course of action RH had to take. He can only rely on the evidence and information given to him, and as this sort of thing has happened before the course of action would be the same as before.

As for the loyal customer thing, there are still rules to follow. Act like a twat and expect to be treated like one. Whether or not this fella did I don't know. I've had a ST at Withdean since the beginning too, but I'd still expect to get kicked out if I did something that warranted it.

Yes, I know you'll say he did nothing wrong, that's not my argument. I'm saying you're going after the wrong man, or at least the wrong way about it.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
stewards

Spoke one of the stewards about the whole situation other day basically he thinks that over all its to heavy handed and the responce lot are generally meat heads who have no people skills what so ever .He and many of his colleagues have no time for Hibbard as his people skills are appalling ask shreik if you ever bump into him in churchhill sq.he will tell you the same thing.I strongly believe that until there is a change, nothing will change some of the board members are fully aware of the situation regarding Mr H and are not happy with the way he opperates, cant tell you who but straight from horses mouth.

If they did, I would imagine It would have been brought to my attention by this forum. Unless you can show where they show this evidence. One person has quoted the person banned (Mouth) was not innocent, he appears to work for the club, so why not state what it was based on.

But they have explained what it is based on, to Mouth. It's nothing to do with anyone else! If you got kicked out for something would you like it published to the general public? I mean that sort of stuff can affect people's jobs not just whether or not they can go to a game. I know I wouldn't want it published anywhere, innocent or otherwise. The only person that should be discussing this with the club is Mouth.

The club has contact details on the website, and the ground regs are printed in the programme I think, and we all know the rules anyway!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
But they have explained what it is based on, to Mouth. It's nothing to do with anyone else! If you got kicked out for something would you like it published to the general public? I mean that sort of stuff can affect people's jobs not just whether or not they can go to a game. I know I wouldn't want it published anywhere, innocent or otherwise. The only person that should be discussing this with the club is Mouth.

The club has contact details on the website, and the ground regs are printed in the programme I think, and we all know the rules anyway!

If I was wrongly acussed and pushed around like Mouth the other Saturday, yes I would like people to discuss what happened and come to my defence if I had been wronged .

Next time I see Mouth I will ask him what he feels, what he did and will apologise if this is not what he wants or if he says he was warned 3 times for examle and still carried on being abusive.

I would like to think in some romantic way, this club has a link to us all, so believe it does afect us all, especially when I have to walk past the results on my way out of the ground.

If I was wrongly acussed and pushed around like Mouth the other Saturday, yes I would like people to discuss what happened and come to my defence if I had been wronged .

Next time I see Mouth I will ask him what he feels, what he did and will apologise if this is not what he wants or if he says he was warned 3 times for examle and still carried on being abusive.

I would like to think in some romantic way, this club has a link to us all, so believe it does afect us all, especially when I have to walk past the results on my way out of the ground.

That's what is happening here. Before you were saying why hadn't the club said what he was banned for. If they did that then it could be picked up by employers etc and cause more problems.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
That's what is happening here. Before you were saying why hadn't the club said what he was banned for. If they did that then it could be picked up by employers etc and cause more problems.

I still have'nt seen what he has been banned for from an oficial source. Perhaps a data protection issue is the reason why this is not announced.

When I walked past on Saturday 'Mouth' was quite clearly stating he had not done whatever he was accused of, if this was me I would want clear my name.

I would be suprised an employer would be able to use this as a reason to disipline you, unless it was a criminal conviction or you were in a specific ocupation.

Also to be convicted the club and accused would have to explain themselves in a court, and we would be a bit wiser on the clubs practices and reasons.

Do you know more about this case then, from what I have seen and read I believe a fan has been picked on for just being himself i.e loud. If you have any facts that may change my mind, let us know and I will humbly shut up about it.

I still have'nt seen what he has been banned for from an oficial source. Perhaps a data protection issue is the reason why this is not announced.

When I walked past on Saturday 'Mouth' was quite clearly stating he had not done whatever he was accused of, if this was me I would want clear my name.

I would be suprised an employer would be able to use this as a reason to disipline you, unless it was a criminal conviction or you were in a specific ocupation.

Also to be convicted the club and accused would have to explain themselves in a court, and we would be a bit wiser on the clubs practices and reasons.

Do you know more about this case then, from what I have seen and read I believe a fan has been picked on for just being himself i.e loud. If you have any facts that may change my mind, let us know and I will humbly shut up about it.

I know no more than you do. The point I am making is why should you, I or anyone that isn't mouth see anything from an official club source? If that is made public it could affect things elsewhere. I agree it more than likely wouldn't but you never know. I would want to clear my name but I would do it myself. More than anything else though it has nothing to do with the rest of us.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I know no more than you do. The point I am making is why should you, I or anyone that isn't mouth see anything from an official club source? If that is made public it could affect things elsewhere. I agree it more than likely wouldn't but you never know. I would want to clear my name but I would do it myself. More than anything else though it has nothing to do with the rest of us.

If he had been dragged out the back of the stand, perhaps not but it was made pretty public by the scenes at the exit gates.

I agree giving out personal data could affect things elsewhere, but this should not stop the club being as transparent as possible and making sure they are using the best stewards and methods avalible to them.

To keep on, I believe from what I saw of his reaction 'Mouth' was wronged and the responses to the two threads would back this up, and I would like to think either way the club would be open enough to review this case to ensure the correct desision was made.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Richard Hebberd is the 'Stadium Safety Officer'.

He isn't a steward, or similar, and is not the grey haired guy described earlier in this thread.

Richard Hebberd is the 'Stadium Safety Officer'.

He isn't a steward, or similar, and is not the grey haired guy described earlier in this thread.

Apologies. I am completely confused as to who he is as another poster on here confirmed him as the "cheif steward" bloke who I personally have had problems with in the future.

That isn't Richard Hebbard, and neither is NMH. I love that you lot are bitching and moaning about someone and you have no idea who they even are!

NMH IS a steward. Richard Hebbard does read and occasionally post here, but is not NMH.

If the stewards had cause to single this bloke out and it escalated then I assume they would have had to report it. Fans have been given short bans before for bad behaviour so if the report was for a similar offence why would this bloke get different treatment? It will come down to the stewards word against his. You lot and your ridiculous petition and posturing don't mean shit. The club have to be seen to back their stewards and always will, unless the chief steward, or Mr Hebbard, or someone senior within the club see the stewards doing the wrong thing.

I haven't bitched/moaned about him at all. Stop being such a tosser.

Oct 11, 2005
London
More than anything else though it has nothing to do with the rest of us.

Really?? I think it has everything to do with us. Surely a fellow fan being victimised in this way should be of concern to us?

I think your sentiments on this thread illustrate the difference in opinion between the supporters and stewards and it's very worrying indeed. I don't think you really understand football.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
I was not present at the game where this incident occurred but my son was and he thought that the situation was mishandled. However, what I would like to say is that I have had one contact with Mr Hebbard. He very kindly and patiently arranged for me to take a friend and long time BHA supporter for a view of the new stadium. Because of my friend's illness (from which he has since died) the arrangements became difficult but Mr Hebbard continued to support our attempts to get him to the ground and made himself available at short notice to make the necessary arrangements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here