Petition for Marine A.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Whoosh that you're joking about the holocaust (which I presume you were) or whoosh that you were also joking about any murder goes in times of war![/QUO

That's the one ;0)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
And if a member of the Taliban did this and was then tried and convicted of murder as a result would you think that he should be cleared because he is doing a stressful job in a stressful situation and that would be enough of an excuse to override the fact that he shot an unarmed person who posed no threat to him or his colleagues and stated that he knew what he was doing was completely wrong at the time?

Would you sign that petition too?

Think you have the wrong bloke. Ive not signed it, and wouldnt sign it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
COPIED AND PASTED FROM THE MUSLIM PANDERING THREAD.
"Ok then, i'll answer it here. I did say that if i had multiple accounts i would sign it more than once. I do think the military court got it wrong, i do not think the Marine should get any prison sentence.
If you want, i shall copy and paste this on the correct thread. Meantime this thread is NOT about a Marine, so stop keep trying to deflect it."

I will add, because i was asked earlier would my reaction be the same if a Taliban killed a British soldier in the same circumstances. It has happened anyway, of course i would feel very upset, but would not expect (nor would it happen) the Taliban to be jailed.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Why would you not expect the Taliban to be jailed exactly?

Are there no Taliban in Guantanamo? Kabul Central Prison?

You really are talking bollocks.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why would you not expect the Taliban to be jailed exactly?

Are there no Taliban in Guantanamo? Kabul Central Prison?

You really are talking bollocks.

You really do not put your brain in gear do you.
"Why would you not expect the Taliban to be jailed exactly?"

Ok then tiresome. Well the British soldier was jailed after a court hearing, by us effectively. The Taliban/Afghan authorities would have a court proceeding in the same case, if it was the other way around.....yeah ok :facepalm: Probably be treated as a hero.

"Are there no Taliban in Guantanamo? Kabul Central Prison?"
Der yes, i suppose they were tried by an Afghan court for killing and then sentenced in the USA eh. Jeez, they are captured terrorists.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
and?

Do terrorists kill people?

Not sure if, when in your own country, that is occupied by a superior force, that fighting back class's you as a terrorist, but we could
argue that for days.

Why would Karzais government treat people as heroes, when they have repeatedly tried to assasinate him, and his government?....

and you talk about putting brain in gear?? Really? haha

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
and?

Do terrorists kill people?

Not sure if, when in your own country, that is occupied by a superior force, that fighting back class's you as a terrorist, but we could
argue that for days.

Why would Karzais government treat people as heroes, when they have repeatedly tried to assasinate him, and his government?....

and you talk about putting brain in gear?? Really? haha

You really think the Taliban or authorities would try a Taliban fighter in the same circumstances........really.
I think by this post it shows where your true loyalties lie.
As i said, much as i would hate one of OUR troops being killed in these circumstances, if (and it has) one of our troops was killed in this way ON the battlefield....then i would not expect the Taliban to be jailed.
Sorry if you do not like my opinion. That is why i signed the petition.......my choice.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You really think the Taliban or authorities would try a Taliban fighter in the same circumstances........really.
I think by this post it shows where your true loyalties lie.
As i said, much as i would hate one of OUR troops being killed in these circumstances, if (and it has) one of our troops was killed in this way ON the battlefield....then i would not expect the Taliban to be jailed.
Sorry if you do not like my opinion. That is why i signed the petition.......my choice.

The Taliban are not the governement....wtf are you talking about?
i think that comment shows where YOUR loyalties lie..in a home for the fecking bewildered.

You signed the petition, as youre a ****wit...no other reason...
MILITARY men tried this soldier, not some fecking accountant in a dorp in Sussex. They KNOW the battlefield...
You think you know better than our armed forces...youre a nitwit for real...

...and again, ive PROVED where my loyalties lie, with service in Her Majesties Armed Forces....
and not by flapping my gums on a football forum.

Happy xmas...

;-D

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
How is the behaviour of your enemy a benchmark for how you behave? We are there to protect freedom, justice, and try to install some kind of democracy. You don't do that by executing your enemy, regardless of what they'd do to you in the same situation.

Is absolutely the correct answer.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
its bizarre that some British people would condone it...whatever the circumstances....
The excuses for it have been pretty strange...'he was stressed' etc....fairly sure ALL of them are stressed,
The casual execution of prisoners is not something to be condoned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports