Petition for Marine A.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't know how I would react in the same position as I have never been fighting for my life in such circumstances, but I am going to trust the guys who have and they ruled that he should serve 10 years (that includes a friend who served out there).

I'm sure we will hear more stories/see more cases when we eventually pull out and the dust settles.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
ws2xhl.jpg

This country is run by fecking idiots from all parties, there are no real polititians left.At least when Maggie , Benn, Kinnock, Scargill, Tebbit and co were around you new they had beliefs and morals,the current lot could not give a feck about this country or us, they just want to be in the limelight

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
He was in effect a prisoner of war at the time he was murdered. We don't arbitrarily execute prisoners of war. I fail to see why some people can't get their head around that principle! Perhaps it is the ignorance of mob mentality!

In effect?...what does that mean. Had he surrendered? For all the marines knew he could have had a grenade up his jumper.

I think that he is guilty of murder. I agree that he should go to jail... but its still totally fvcked

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In effect?...what does that mean. Had he surrendered? For all the marines knew he could have had a grenade up his jumper.

I think that he is guilty of murder. I agree that he should go to jail... but its still totally fvcked

I used the phrase 'in effect' in anticipation that a host of blood lusty posters would point out that the Taliban aren't signed up to the Geneva convention! I would also presume that before moving him, he was search for weapons as not to do so would have been dumb.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
"You would have done the same," "It's war," bollocks to that. You don't execute unarmed, defenceless people lying on the floor in front of you,
Who said he was unarmed, a wounded soldier with a grenade could still blow you to bits.after all, it's the Talibans favourite sport...after they have tortured wounded soldiers and strung their limbs in trees to taunt the Soldiers,or shoot young girls for going to school Tell that to the Taliban...their agenda is an eye for an eye,live by the sword...die by the sword. Taliban don't give two hoots for the Geneva Convention so why pander to their evil deeds.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
We were an invading force of an independent sovereign state, that had every right to defend itself (irrespective of whether it harboured terrorist organisations). As every country has the right to do. Is that not true when we invaded in 2001? Unfortunately, for our troops, not everyone in Afghanistan thought/thinks as you do.

Killed In Action and Murder are defined as two very different things.
But they are fighting Terrorist not an army...armies wear fatigue uniform,terrorist dress as civilians and hide with women and children...I have no respect for terrorist therefore I couldn't care less if one is shot in any circumstances...Marine A broke the rules,but does not deserve a life sentence...be interesting to see what the 'Rigby' killers get won't it...

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Seagull on the wing;6086000.be interesting to see what the 'Rigby' killers get won't it...[/QUOTE said:
They'll proberley get 6 months suspended and 3 points on their driving license, reduced on apeal because of there humane rights to be told they will get compo for hurting there feelings. Inside they willl get all there food cooked the way they want cos they are Muserlims so it will be cheese footballs and kebabs for them whilst our proper crims who have paid taxes all there lifes have to make do with slopps. No doubt when they come out the comunists who run the BBC will make them heros and have them on Strictly Come Danceing. Well they won't be getting MY vote, tthat will show them

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Why? We think of ourselves as better than the likes of the Taliban because we are disgusted by their brutality and backward views. As soon as we stoop to their level we are no better than them and have no right to pass judgement. I, like countless other, have massive respect for our troops. I don't think for a second I could do what they do, under the pressure and trauma they're under. But that does not justify what he did. It was not a moment of madness in the heat of battle, it was a calculated execution. He deserves punishment in the same way any other murderer does.

This.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What is your point? Are you suggesting he has been singled out?

If he hasn't been singled out then I look forward to seeing court cases for :

> The commander of the submarine in the Falklands that ordered the Belgrano be fired upon
> The SAS team that shot dead three unarmed "IRA" terrorists in Gib
> Various soldiers involved in British death squads in NI

War is dirty - the political class try and impose rules on war in a desperate attempt to justify going to war. Sadly most of those that make the so called rules haven't the guts to go to the front line and fight under those rules. The rules are also there to assist in providing the public with a "fair" face of war.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
But they are fighting Terrorist not an army...armies wear fatigue uniform,terrorist dress as civilians and hide with women and children...I have no respect for terrorist therefore I couldn't care less if one is shot in any circumstances...Marine A broke the rules,but does not deserve a life sentence...be interesting to see what the 'Rigby' killers get won't it...

I take it you supported the Russians when they were shooting Afghan "terrorists" during their occupation of that country. Did the French Resistance during WW2 wear uniform or did they wear civilian clothes and and hide with women and children?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Did the French Resistance during WW2 wear uniform or did they wear civilian clothes and and hide with women and children?

Given most of SotW's posts I suspect he might have been supporting the opposition during WW2.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
> The commander of the submarine in the Falklands that ordered the Belgrano be fired upon

Are you suggesting that the Marine was ordered to kill the prisoner by the British government?
The Submarine commander was under direct orders of the British government. I suspect Marine A wasnt.

Im fairly sure the SAS team were under orders as well...Im also fairly sure that any 'death squads' in NI, were also ordered by the British governement.

This marine, shot dead, a wounded, unarmed combatant, whilst understanding what he did, was against the law.....simple case...simple verdict really.

My only difficulty in this issue is the prison tariff for his crime.

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The Royal Marines have a proud and illustrious history as undoubtedly one of our most elite, toughest fighting forces. They are set apart from most of our other fighting units as simply getting through the training to be a Royal Marine Commando is as tough as it gets. Undoubtedly the biggest punishment will have been is disgraceful discharge from a service he undoubtedly loved and lived for. His breach of discipline will be keenly felt through the service as when a senior experienced commander can commit such a break of discipline under pressure, then how does that in turn affect the lower ranks.

Would be interesting to know what actual Royal Marines think about it. Whether they believe he has let the Marines and their reputation down, or whether they feel he has been unduly punished in a situation that no civilian could understand.

Spoke with one last (nephew) and they are in agreement with him to the point they are considering refusing to work until rules of engagement in Afghan are changed.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Surely when people join the army they accept that they could be sent into dangerous situations and into war zones and that is what they are paid to do. They receive a high level of training to do their job and a huge part of that is discipline and to follow orders in times of high stress.

I can't see how that situation can then be used as an excuse to kill an unarmed person who was not in a position to be a threat to them at that time.

The excuse that they would kill if the situation is reversed doesn't wash with me, they arn't necessarily taught and paid to the same standards our army is, their political objectives arn't the same as for our army and they arn't expected to behave in the same way we as UK citizens expect our army to behave.

they do accept that, what they don't accept are the rules of engagement which actually benefit the cowards that hide behind children and women. Level playing field, fine, uneven like it, its rubbish.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I take it you supported the Russians when they were shooting Afghan "terrorists" during their occupation of that country. Did the French Resistance during WW2 wear uniform or did they wear civilian clothes and and hide with women and children?
All of the French resistance werev actually French, a huge proportion of Taliban aren't Afghans, but are foreign jihad is , such as Chechens, Pakistanis and Arabs.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
All of the French resistance werev actually French, a huge proportion of Taliban aren't Afghans, but are foreign jihad is , such as Chechens, Pakistanis and Arabs.

Are these the same foreign jihad who the Americans sent to Afghanistan to fight the Russians? Even if not, did you support the Russians shooting captured insurgents during their occupation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports