Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Wow. Some of the opinions expressed on this thread are deeply depressing. Just wow.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I have mates in the army. I have family in the army. A number of them have fought in the Afgan campaign ( and thankfully come back to tell the tale ). It is not a level playing field ( or should that be battlefield ). Our troops are being asked to fight this war with one arm tied behind their back because of the rules of engagement. Until our troops are enabled to actually fight then I truly believe what Soldier A did wasn't murder. Oh, he isn't the only one to have done this - he's the only one to have been tried though.

Good post imo.
I think if i'd witnessed my my colleagues being blown up and parts of their bodies being strung up from trees in full sight, then i might act accordingly.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
You appear to be avoiding questions by other posters.

Oh, and what does a deportation battle have to do with a stupid petition about a soldier that committed murder ?

Soldier 'A' gets life for killing a Taliban terrorist but a Taliban fighter who ‘killed British troops’ not deported from UK and not even charged, where is the justice? Left wing numpties saying the British soldier deserves his punishment but dont hear a peep when the Taliban kill British soldiers and are given asylum, free house, bring their relitives over and get a slap on the back.

This country is so ****ed up it's unreal.

Taliban fighter who ‘killed British troops’ not deported from UK
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/06/25/222631.html

Taliban soldier who killed in battle wins fight to stay in UK - to spare him from persecution by... the Taliban

Why isn't he arrested and doing time?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2163779/Zareen-Ahmadzai-Taliban-soldier-killed-battle-wins-fight-stay-UK.html

Taliban fighter who ‘killed British troops’ not deported from UK.

Why isn't he charged for murder?

http://english.alarabiya.net/article...25/222631.html

But these aren't murder cases, these are Afghans who have killed NATO soldiers in combat. Not a 'crime' in the same sense.

Also, check that the links actually work...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Interesting to see those who have proudly written 'signed'. I think I could have called most of them, others I imagine have signed but are not proud enough to post about it.

Personally, I won't be defending a murderer. Glad this case has received so much attention. Hopefully it'll make others think twice.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
ws2xhl.jpg

We were an invading force of an independent sovereign state, that had every right to defend itself (irrespective of whether it harboured terrorist organisations). As every country has the right to do. Is that not true when we invaded in 2001? Unfortunately, for our troops, not everyone in Afghanistan thought/thinks as you do.

Killed In Action and Murder are defined as two very different things.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The cases are not comparable. The mandatory sentence is life. The child killer should have got more.

The marine knew he was breaking the rules of the Geneva convention. Other military personnel have gone into theatres of war in terrible circumstances and not killed injured prisoners cold bloodedly.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Soldier 'A' gets life for killing a Taliban terrorist but a Taliban fighter who ‘killed British troops’ not deported from UK and not even charged, where is the justice? Left wing numpties saying the British soldier deserves his punishment but dont hear a peep when the Taliban kill British soldiers and are given asylum, free house, bring their relitives over and get a slap on the back.

This country is so ****ed up it's unreal.

Taliban fighter who ‘killed British troops’ not deported from UK
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/06/25/222631.html

Where is the actual proof he killed British soldiers ? Just because he said it as some badge of honour - it doesnt mean its actually true.

And also where is the proof that he was given a free house and that his relatives have been brought over ? Yet more BS being spouted to fit your own agenda.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Where is the actual proof he killed British soldiers ? Just because he said it as some badge of honour - it doesnt mean its actually true.

And also where is the proof that he was given a free house and that his relatives have been brought over ? Yet more BS being spouted to fit your own agenda.

No, you're right, the Taliban who killed 3 British solders and granted British citizenship is now sleeping rough :facepalm:

I'm out of this thread.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The cases are not comparable. The mandatory sentence is life. The child killer should have got more.

The marine knew he was breaking the rules of the Geneva convention. Other military personnel have gone into theatres of war in terrible circumstances and not killed injured prisoners cold bloodedly.

Rules in war?? i daresay the rules are broken daily, i daresay the Marine had seen some terrible things happening to his colleagues....thankfully i am not in that godforsaken hole, thankfully i am not trained to kill and then get banged up for doing just that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Rules in war?? i daresay the rules are broken daily, i daresay the Marine had seen some terrible things happening to his colleagues....thankfully i am not in that godforsaken hole, thankfully i am not trained to kill and then get banged up for doing just that.

Don't you think that others have been in that situation many many times? They abided by the discipline they are taught, and in cases of medical aid, also help prisoners. I've just been reading Commander Rick Jolly's book about the Falklands, where he operated on Argentinian prisoners of war to save their lives.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
British armed forces have a reputation of being fine soldiers. Fierce in battle, and compassionate after the battle. His actions send the wrong message out.
He was tried by his peers. His peers decision is also a message.

He didn't get 'banged up' for doing what he was trained to do. That's the whole point.

Do you know what the Geneva Convention is? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions It is over 60 years old.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It won't be over turned due to community cohesion. Can't upset the Muslim community. my personal opinion like.

No you dont. This wounded defenceless human being was armed and dangerous a few minutes before. He went into the battle to kill British soldiers and expected to succeed or be killed as a consequence.

No quarter given. None expected.

He was in effect a prisoner of war at the time he was murdered. We don't arbitrarily execute prisoners of war. I fail to see why some people can't get their head around that principle! Perhaps it is the ignorance of mob mentality!

Really? You should have a look at what petition can achieve, you'll be amazed.

Read my post again then research on how many times the Government have intervened on petitions signed by the public and put pressure on the law courts which has resulted in the accused/convicted to be released early from their sentence.

I can't work out whether you are just a wind up merchant or just ignorant! Where are you links to a case where the government have overturned a court decision, whether that be in the criminal or military court. There might be grounds for a review but that would require new evidence or an opinion that the sentence was either unduly harsh or unduly lenient. Just because 100,000 sign a petition doesn't mean anything will happen. There are no grounds for anything to happen. No doubt if you chose to return to the thread you will continue to give cryptic one line comments that don't answer any points raised!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here