** Peterborough V Huddersfield - Sunday 29th May **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hudders or P'Boro - Who do you want to join the champs

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hudds always bottle it in the play offs.

really...what about the playoff that we won against bristol city, I thought town won the next day against Mansfield, and also at wembley against brizzle rovers.....but obviously you know different.

the first goal knocked the stuffing out of town....bit of a shame ah well

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Most other seasons Hudds would have been good enough for automatic, 87 points is usually enough.

Unfortunately for them, we are amazing and there was another half-decent team as well.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This is what annoys me about the play offs. A team who has remained unbeaten for months and was without a doubt the third best team in the league doesn't go up. Putting your whole season on the line for just one game seems wrong to me. Have to say though, I thought 'Boro deserved to win.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Enjoyed the game. Sorry for Lee Clarke as he was a gent at Withdean but pleased for the trip to London Road. Also for Barry Fryup, I know he's a halftime table thumper but the mans got passion. Someone needs to tell him to cheer up though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is what annoys me about the play offs. A team who has remained unbeaten for months and was without a doubt the third best team in the league doesn't go up. Putting your whole season on the line for just one game seems wrong to me.
It is hard on Huddersfield who deserved to go up, but that's the cost of the play-offs, whereas the benefit is that several teams keep fighting all the way to the end of the season to get into the play-offs (as opposed to giving up with 8 games to go) and then we have a few great games to get a winner.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It is hard on Huddersfield who deserved to go up, but that's the cost of the play-offs, whereas the benefit is that several teams keep fighting all the way to the end of the season to get into the play-offs (as opposed to giving up with 8 games to go) and then we have a few great games to get a winner.

It's football, just seems a shame though.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Promoted, promoted, relegated, then promoted via the playoffs. They'll stay up on the last day next season, then go down the following year, and stay in League One for a while after that!

This could be worth a bet at the bookies.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Only just heard about today's result. I bloody knew Posh would end up ending Town's long unbeaten run! I don't know what the stat's are, but it strikes me teams who finish third in the table often end up blowing promotion - come the Play Offs. Again, I'm not sure if there's any evidence to support this - but I also get the impression that if said favourites are are nearer to the venue of the final then it also conspires against 'em.

I actually used to like the Huddersfield support, but after going to both the home & away fixtures this season I actually found a lot of them to be rather unfriendly & gobby now tbh. Maybe it was down to the success of The Albion - & thus the relative magnitude of the matches, but I was rather disappointed with their attitude. Still, I somehow doubt if the mob that were givin' it large outside the Preston Park Hotel are still shouting "We are unbeatable" at everybody in their vacinity. Talk about setting yourself up for a fall... :bigwave:

Well done Posh. :clap:

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
I remember a few seasons back at hudders when we won 3-0 and Jakey scored a hatrick, when he was subbed about 5mins left the whole stadium stood up and applauded him, that said lots to me bout hudders fans

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I said a few days ago I fancied Posh to do Huddersfield over.

That unbeaten run felt like more of a millstone than a motivating factor to me, and bearing in mind a they were quite fortunate in a number of those games, I wonder if it gave them a false sense of their own superiority.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I remember a few seasons back at hudders when we won 3-0 and Jakey scored a hatrick, when he was subbed about 5mins left the whole stadium stood up and applauded him, that said lots to me bout hudders fans

That's the thing: they were really sound & sporting in the past. I guess you put a character like Gus & a team which plays successful football into the eqaution, then things take a turn for the worst (if you're a Hudd supporter). :shrug:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I said a few days ago I fancied Posh to do Huddersfield over.

That unbeaten run felt like more of a millstone than a motivating factor to me, and bearing in mind a they were quite fortunate in a number of those games, I wonder if it gave them a false sense of their own superiority.

This really. Everytime I saw Hudds on that unbeaten run they got lucky , including against us. Think they started to believe their own hype.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
who was the albion fan on his way to OT today in piccadilly station?

i bellowed SEAGULLS from a mere 10 feet in his direction but he was away with the fairies.

not only did he have an albion shirt on, he even had albion trousers on.

that's the last time i try and shout at an albion fan in manchester, every time it backfires and i just look like a nutcase.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
In Huddersfield's periods of sustained pressure in the second half, me and my gramps kept saying, the armchair pundits we are, that the Posh could easily nab a jammy goal if Hudders didn't capitalize on their chances. And so it happened (three times). Disappointed for Hudds, they deserved to go up this season and have had a fantastic 2011, and were just unlucky that those bastards Southampton had so many games in hand.

Peterborough will go straight back down next season, especially as they're 90% likely to lose Mackail-Smith. Oh well, easy 6 points next season.

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Well that was sweet. Three-nil to the tinpot army eh, who'd have thunk it?

And congratulations to Gulls fans already expecting six points from Posh before a ball has been kicked. MacAntony will plough the CMS money back into the team and won't make the same mistakes as our last foray into the Championship - failed to strengthen the squad over the summer.

Shame about the away terrace going. In fact the planning permission hasn't been given yet so, if the fixture list is kind, you can still enjoy an early season match standing up.

Right, off to gargle some TCP because me throat is killing me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports