Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Ward at the Standard Pub last night

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Peter Ward and his wife celebrating and singing with fans outside the Standard about 7.30 last night, he was even starting his own songs and his wife was loving it. She said that she has never seen this in 18 years of being married to Peter (but has heard the stories Im sure) with over 100 fans singing his name as he walked up the road - quality. He stayed for a beer and photos, signing autographs WHAT A LEGEND.
Can someone put some footage on NSC as there were plenty of people filming it.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Capture.JPG..

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
was in the standard, great scenes, great night. Peter ward must have loved 40 blokes all isnging his praises in middle of the street! top bloke

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Oh yeah, had quite a long chat (by my standards) with Ricky Marlowe while I was waiting for the legendary Welly barstaff team to finish. What a nice bloke he is, I bet he can nail the shandies.

he was nailing the shandies last night alright - but i can confirm that, for the first time certainly to my knowledge, he was beaten by an item of food on the buddies menu, describing his pizza as "very doughy" and leaving a total of around one slice

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
he was nailing the shandies last night alright - but i can confirm that, for the first time certainly to my knowledge, he was beaten by an item of food on the buddies menu, describing his pizza as "very doughy" and leaving a total of around one slice

I reckon I could take Mr Marlowe in a shit-food-eat-off.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

I took that, we were walking from The Basketmakers to the Welly, and when we crossed the roads at the lights, someone outside the pub spotted him and then it was pandamonium. Brilliant atmosphere from the guys there, all singing his name and miffing the people in the chinese restaurant next door.

Then we left, started walking up to them wellym then the same happened at Evening Star after being spotted by Attilla. Finally in the welly an hour or so after planned, it went crazy again. People overwhelmed with joy, tears and all.

I knew Wardy was popular as a legend in terrace songs, but i have never seen anything like last night

Great night, great few days

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I took that, we were walking from The Basketmakers to the Welly, and when we crossed the roads at the lights, someone outside the pub spotted him and then it was pandamonium. Brilliant atmosphere from the guys there, all singing his name and miffing the people in the chinese restaurant next door.

Then we left, started walking up to them wellym then the same happened at Evening Star after being spotted by Attilla. Finally in the welly an hour or so after planned, it went crazy again. People overwhelmed with joy, tears and all.

I knew Wardy was popular as a legend in terrace songs, but i have never seen anything like last night

What did Wardy make of it ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Have a video of Wardy leading the singing in the Welly, no idea how to upload it on to here though.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I reckon I could take Mr Marlowe in a shit-food-eat-off.

if you were at the peak of your powers (large pizza with a side of chips as well as someone else's side an hour BEFORE football), i reckon it would be a battle for the ages and one i would pay good money to see

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here