Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Walton Embarrassment or Cheat?

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
The FA should look at his financial records for any irregularities.
Then he will go to prison like the two pakistani cricket players.
Corruption is rife in sport today.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
As I said before, the two worst performances i've ever seen from a referee both came from Peter Walton. He's not a cheat, he's just very, very sh*t. And if you watch the highlights on the FLS it looks to me like the linesman says to the ref "I thought it was outside the box, but if you're sure..."

I've just had a vision of Walton making a statement to the media saying: "I'm not a cheat, I'm just very very shit...".

Endearing parallel universe-type-scenes. :clap:

Edit: A bit like my spelling. :blush:

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My Sunday newspaper ranks him 7/10 and "kept his cool when the game threatened to boil over"

the ar**hole who wrote this article, Peter White, also concludes that "Jose Fonte was brought down just inside the area" Tarricco was " red carded for arguing over Saints second penalty award ".

I would mark Peter Walton 2/10 - 1 point for turning up at the right ground and a further point for having the correct kit.

What about remembering his yellow cards?

REFEREE Peter Walton played a game of spot-the-card when he booked Birmingham midfielder Jordon Mutch at Goodison Park
Northamptonshire-based Walton left his red and yellow cards behind in the dressing room at the start of Brum's 1-1 draw at Everton — and only discovered they were missing when Mutch committed a bookable offence in the 40th minute.

Referee Peter Walton had to show an invisible YELLOW card to Jordon Mutch in the 1-1 draw between Everton and Birmingham | The Sun |Sport|Football

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Probably the worst to referee a Brighton game since Ron Challis.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
My Sunday newspaper ranks him 7/10 and "kept his cool when the game threatened to boil over"

the ar**hole who wrote this article, Peter White, also concludes that "Jose Fonte was brought down just inside the area" Tarricco was " red carded for arguing over Saints second penalty award ".

I would mark Peter Walton 2/10 - 1 point for turning up at the right ground and a further point for having the correct kit.

What paper is that?

Wouldn't call him a cheat but was just a hugely embarrassing performance. Everyone has their off days and unfortunately for us his came yesterday and affected us badly

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I was speaking to a couple of spurs supporting mates last night and they both agreed that Walton was a total c**t and joke of a ref. He did give some howlers in our favour as well, but only in the last 15 minutes once the game was over.

I wouldn't say he was an out and out cheat, but he certainly wasn't up to the occasion and a noisy home crowd, god knows how he copes in the prem

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Walton is one of the best referee's in the country, behind Clattenburg , Halsey and Kevin Friend IMO,OK he made a bad decision that changed the game, but there is no way he or any other referee that is good enough to be anywhere near the football league pyramid is a cheat.

Clattenburg (crook) and Friend are the worst refs on the premiership

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He got 'bad week for' in Graham Poll's column

Gave Southampton a penalty on Saturday for a foul which was over a yard outside of the penalty area. Maybe age is finally catching up with the select groups oldest ever referee who turned 52 last month, who then sent Brighton’s Taricco off for his protest at the poor decision.

Read more: Graham Poll: Penalties galore in the Premier League | Mail Online

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I was speaking to a couple of spurs supporting mates last night and they both agreed that Walton was a total c**t and joke of a ref. He did give some howlers in our favour as well, but only in the last 15 minutes once the game was over.

I wouldn't say he was an out and out cheat, but he certainly wasn't up to the occasion and a noisy home crowd, god knows how he copes in the prem

I suspect it may be a while before we see him there-I'll be shocked if he gets a prem game for a while. Sadly, the piss poor refs in the prem get foisted on the Football League, instead, they should be sent back to ref's school before handling another game. Are our games not important enough to the football authorities to warrant decent refs instead of prem rejects?

I know that if we'd have had the best ref in the world we'd probably have still lost but we'd have at least had more chance of having 11 men on the pitch at the end of the match.

Aug 23, 2011

I read that too, but what do you expect from the Mirror. Everytime i read that paper i wonder why i bothered even picking it up in the first place. I don't remember ever reading a particularly favourable review about a Brighton game ever in that paper but then i always get the feeling the reporter hasn't even been to the game

Last edited:

Aug 23, 2011
I very much doubt he's a cheat but there I feel a lot of refs have a problem with being "overulled" by their assistants (linesmen or whatever they're called now) and i know the blame will generally go to them as they are responsible they do need to listen to the assistants when they are better placed. Perhaps also assistants should stand up for their decisions too if they think the ref got it wrong

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
After seeing that refs performance on the limited highlights shown, I can't make my mind up if he's an embarrassment to the game, or an out and out cheat.

Going by what Marcus Painter said after the game, that the linesman told him it wasn't a penatly, yet got over ruled, I have to think there has to be something more to it.

FFS the player didn't even go down in the box, he was sitting outside it with his feet in it, after Dunk came from behind him.

I really really hope the Albion kick up a big fuss about this, because either he's not fit to ref anymore, or he's a cheat. The Calderon pen didnt look like a pen, but you can understand that, its 50/50 but the first pen, proves hes not fit for purpose, and if he does swear at the players as Painter claimed, I really hope the Albion kick up a storm about it.

FA will bury its head though and back the ref all the way, and then wonder why others refs get so much abuse.

Lincoln Imp in Full Agreement with Mr Burns Shock.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Awful referee disgracefull but cant blame him for the result overall can we !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here